PDA

View Full Version : Rageworthy?

OogWasFles
02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Currently my stable runs two War gladiators both doing great ((11-0-1 and 10-0-0)Got my first kill today on lvl 5)
I still have room for a third gladiator, the money is already in. Im thinking of starting a Rage gladiator (DW Blades) but I've had a Rage before and I was anything from pleased with him (losed everything, even vs unarmored and unarmed glads D:). His stats were good, but for some reason that still made me quite afraid of choosing another Rage.
Since I've already got 2 Wars, is it smart to start a Rage one, or should I make the new one a War too?

Cynaidh
02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey Oog, I would more try to pick a style that fits the slave you have found that you want to run, for rage i look for good str, agil, and a decent chi. Int, stam, pres i don't really worry about with a rage, not many of the rage skills take int to learn. For arms i drop chi as a requirement and want more int and stam, theatrics... well i dont run many theatrics still working on figuring them out, but if i found a glad with good agil, stam, pres i would make it a theatrics. The higher the size is the better on all 3 i now believe.

For some examples here are some that i ran into recently:
str 69, int 66, 80 agil, 76 stam, 88 size, 71 pres, 63 chi <--- with the size this guy has i knew i wanted to run him, so i went with theatrics cause he has a good agil/stam/pres

str 85, int 65, 85 agil, 60 stam, 72 size, 60 pres, 75 chi <-- great str and agility, good chi... this has been the most natural rage i have ever seen come up as a slave so went rage with this guy

str 80, int 78, 68 agil, 75 stam, 80 size, 69 pres, 55 chi <-- great str and int, good stam... with the int on this guy i went war, you could defiantly argue theatrics on this guy but when ever i get str/int/stam i normally go war

These guys are extreme examples but i hope it helps show that the slave normally picks the style of glad for ya.

OogWasFles
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
That indeed is a nice War gladiator, and that Theatrics I also understand. So I can come to a conclusion that especially Chi and Str should be stats I wanna look for if I want a rage. Well, I'll check some slaves and either will go Theatrics or Rage, depending on what slaves I find. Thanks for your help :)

nova1491
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah! Just another tip. A few stable managers use glads with low pres/chi but have generally higher overall stats.

Reason: It's easier to acquire high single bonus stats (greens) for pres and chi equips with blacksmith.

As for weapons, we tend to invest in Purples at every 10 level. Since the dmg by purple tends to be almost half or double of the start of each 10th level grade greens.

Cynaidh
02-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Yup and those level 10 Purple weapons will last you a good 10+ levels before you need to swap them out again.

OogWasFles
02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Well... I ended up with two new Theatrics Gladiators in my stable... Thanks anyways :D Just loaded up my main Polearms War with some purple gear... Prepare high-tiers.. I'm coming :D (33-1-4 and a 32-2-1)