PDA

View Full Version : Attack Power Vs Strength?

Jaradakar
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
So is Attack Power the same thing as Strength minus the benefits like minor health increase and increase in ability to carry more?

Or is it actually better than Strength when it comes to damage output?

Jaradakar
01-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Nate? Do you ever plan on opening the gates and letting us get a better idea of what some of the stats really do?

Nate
01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Nate? Do you ever plan on opening the gates and letting us get a better idea of what some of the stats really do?

Hey Jaradakar,

"Opening the gates" doesn't go with my philosophy for these kinds of games. Personally I find the process of discovery via trial and error to be fun and important. If I give you all the answers those answers belong to me and as such your creativity is stifled. If you discover things on your own, those discoveries belong to you and empower you to be creative in ways I hadn't thought of and give you the option now to either share your discoveries with the community and be a helper, or keep them to yourself and benefit from your effort. Both are fine by me. This also creates a nice social dynamic where you can use your knowledge to form groups and dominate together or help the loners crack the elitist non-sharers, etc. Eventually I'll be introducing the concept of Clans and information sharing within the clan will no doubt be a prized commodity.

If I were to post a bunch of spreadsheets it doesn't take very much effort to just figure out the min-max builds and that takes a lot away from a game like this. I prefer a more organic process and often you'll find many of your questions will be answered with "it depends". While there are some things that are universal (i.e. higher size = more health) your question of which is better strength or attack power might have a "it depends" answer. What are you trying to do with your gladiator? What weapons is he using? What are his current attributes? What are his current strategies? What are the gladiators around him like right now? Are they tanks? Berserkers? Are you looking for a short term gain or long term...so on and so forth.

As time goes by and the game matures and these boards fill up I'm sure you'll find a lot of the answers you seek, in the meantime don your safari outfit, grab your rifle and explore! :)

Jaradakar
01-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I was afraid you might say that ;-)

Fair enough -- it's true all my friends (~6-8 or so) who are playing we've got an email thread going talking about and trying to discover what is the optimal way for each of our fighters. Anyway we are all enjoying the journey of discovery I was just wondering if I could pry a little info from you ;-)

Team Kaos
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
It seems when stacking on attack power (20+ points) on even a average strength fighter (70 ish attribute), it has tremendous damage results over a relative high strength gladiator (90+ attributes).

At least that is what I have come to experience.
Anyone else seeing the same or not??

Jaradakar
01-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow, cool! Thanks for that info. I was sort of suspecting that might be the case. I.E. both have the same value stat wise, but because Strength does other things (increases hp slightly, lets you carry more so it reduces your encumbrance and increases your damage) that a straight attack power increase would be more effective for damage.