PDA

View Full Version : Wow Two-Handed Rage got some love!!!

Cynaidh
01-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Along with the new races going live the followings updates and bug fixes have also been implemented:

- Gladiators with a 2H weapon no longer have a chance to attack with their off-hand.
- The skill Show Off has been buffed to remove more endurance from the opponent.
- Hamstring now maxes out at 67%, down from 75%.
- The chance Create Distance goes off against an opponent with a 2H weapon or Pole Arm has been decreased.
- Fixed the Hamstring bug when a gladiator switched strategies right after the skill went off.
- The damage on Bastard Swords has been reduced.
- Defensive fighting styles got a small bump in the amount of defense they provide.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

All of those except for the last one are nice buffs for 2 handed rage it looks on first glance! Caine bust out that 2 hand'er again!!

Prinny
01-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Damn they debuffed Laharl by alot and gave Eruption a good buff xD

CaineDeSoulis
01-30-2012, 11:17 AM
actually lol i sold his two handed weapon >.<. everyone else test it and see if its better than my zero weapon skill hammers lol

Cynaidh
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Will have to see if Smak starts winning more, i made him a trug for the extra hit points and just redid his gear last week.

oedi
01-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I guess a congratulation is due to the 2H lobbyists out there, you really made jack pot with your demands.

My DW gladiators did 56 fights today in the pit lords bracket and above, with an overall W/L of 26-30-3.

Against other DW gladiators I went 21-9-3.
The same gladiators had a 5-21-0 record against 2H or pole arm wielders.

I was massacred, I had absolutely no chance.

Apoca1ypse
01-30-2012, 01:43 PM
so less CD and offhand attacks? yay :3

i've taken screenshots of the top 50 glads on the rankings page so i can do some number crunching. it will also serve as a baseline for say in a months time when i'll look into how race/balance pass has affected things

edit: im off to work so i'll be doing the analysis in ~14 hours haha

Dainoji
01-31-2012, 05:09 AM
I guess a congratulation is due to the 2H lobbyists out there, you really made jack pot with your demands.

My DW gladiators did 56 fights today in the pit lords bracket and above, with an overall W/L of 26-30-3.

Against other DW gladiators I went 21-9-3.
The same gladiators had a 5-21-0 record against 2H or pole arm wielders.

I was massacred, I had absolutely no chance.

You will no doubt have to change things up a bit as the landscape has just shifted. It's too early to say if the pendulum swung too far in the other direction, but I'm sure if it did they'll balance things again. For quite some time 2Hers have been getting their collective asses handed to them, well, more the Ragers but there are very few 2Hers in the top brackets and those that are are mostly toward the bottom. The Blood Games will be a good litmus test, if all the top spots are held by 2H Rage and War then I'd say that would be a good indicator a re-balance in in need. :) Maybe I'll start up a 2H rager and see how it goes, but what race to make him...