Snivler
* Bonus: Inflict Extra Bleeding
* Bonus: Fast Initiative
* Penalty: Less Health

Trug
* Bonus: Bleeding Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Health
* Penalty: Less Endurance

Alright here's a list put out by Nate in the preview thread.

Lets discuss some of our first impressions:

Human
~~~~~~
* Bonus: Attack Power

This is a pretty safe choice, The Plus Attack power bonus is decent boost for duel wielding gladiators especially if they are using Speed 2 or more weapons. Not much to really talk about here as we are all currently using humans lol

Elaar
~~~~~~~~~
* Bonus: Disarm Resistance
* Bonus: Crit Effects Resistance

A very defense minded race. The disarm resistance and Crit effects resistance seems redundant at first but it most likely is a stacked effect. It will be a very rare occurrence to disarm an Elaar Gladiator. The penalty is fairly steep and counter productive to the whole defensive strategy. Primarily i could see this being used with a 2h war or 2h rage where the disarm penalty is the most effective.

Spite
~~~~~~~~~
* Bonus: Increased Crit Effects
* Bonus: Extra Defense
* Penalty: Less Damage

The Spite is an interesting race. The 2 Bonuses are very good an increase in defense and critical effects. The increase in defense is very nice even for those in cloth. the Increased Crit Effects *could* be great for an offensive gladiator especially one with a high total carnage. The penalty is pretty rough as its more severe than a minus to attack power but the increased Crit Effects *Could* make up for it.

Dunder
~~~~~~~~~
* Bonus: Knockdown Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Damage
* Penalty: Slow Initiative

Tho knockdown resistance is pretty useful its not as useful as the extra damage. note extra damage is i can only assume stronger than attack power. The killer here is the slow initiative its really hampers a 2 hander and limits a duel wielder.

Urk
~~~~~~~~~~
* Bonus: Stun Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Endurance
* Penalty: Less Defense

Stun resistance is extremely useful extra endurance is good for tankers but the minus to defense may make it to hard to use effectively.

Snivler
~~~~~~~~~~~

This will likely be the second most if not most used race. a Friend to all duel wielding rages the Sniveler is a very offense minded gladiator. The Extra Bleeding damage will shorten the length of fights. The initiative bonus will get you the first attack and possible extra attacks per round. the minus to health if its not to severe will mostly be negligible due to the kill or be killed offense strategy. I see a lot of quick Theatrics and Duel wielding Rage's going to the sniveler race.

Trug
~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then there's the Trugs. Hulking beasts with extra health and bleeding resistance. The minus to endurance is almost completely negligible in the higher tiers of competition. The Bleeding resistance and extra health will help against snivlers and theatrics with gratuitous violence and its a very general race and will help against most any type or race of gladiator. Trugs will likely be the most used race.

Caine's Rankings of the race's

1. Trug: Very General helps all types of gladiators

2. Snivler: Speed Is King and extra damage per round is a great problem to have

3. Spite: Another good Race for Offensive or Defensive gladiators

4. Human: a plus to attack power with zero penalty. Cant complain :)

5. Elaar: a Defensive Race that helps against most types of gladiators

6. Dunder: The Extra damage *Might* make this race useful but a slow initiative is a good way to get torn apart by fast gladiators

7. Urk: Stun resistance is nice and the extra endurance would suit lower levels and tanking types but the minus to defense hurts the very gladiators it would help.

oedi
01-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Human
* Bonus: Attack Power
To me humans looks like the most solid choice still. The attack bonus is 10, and already in effect. The best thing though is the no negative.

Elaar
* Bonus: Disarm Resistance
* Bonus: Crit Effects Resistance
2 good bonuses and a possibly severe negative. I think this race looks good, and something I will consider for one of my top gladiators. I imagine its effects like hamstring, rampage, knock out that can be resisted.

Spite
* Bonus: Increased Crit Effects
* Bonus: Extra Defense
* Penalty: Less Damage
To me this looks like the natural theatric choice. Again its 2 good bonuses with a possibly severe negative. This will be my choice for Oedi, so he will still do experimenting for me.

Dunder
* Bonus: Knockdown Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Damage
* Penalty: Slow Initiative
I think this is a great tank choice. Helps you to keep you on your feet, which is very good for a defensive gladiator. Gives you an extra punch to those few attacks you will do. Since the tank dont attack much anyway the penalty might not be to bad.

Urk
* Bonus: Stun Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Endurance
* Penalty: Less Defense
Not quite sure what to think of the urk. Stun resist looks like the best bonus of them all, but extra endurance is redundant in most parts of the game, and less defense is something id not like to give any of my gladiators. The stun resist and less defense are counter productive. The less defense you have the more stuns you need to resist. Atm I dont see any of my gladiators as urks.

Snivler
these 2 bonuses and the penalty goes very well with any gladiator that want to burn down their enemy without letting them fight back. Looks like the strongest of the new races, and I foresee alot of snivelers in the arena soon.

Trug

Another tank race. the 2 bonuses work very well for a tank, and endurance is easy to get with some achievments.

Oedi`s ranking lists of races.
My stong to weaker list: human, sniveler, elaar, spite, dunder, trug, urk.
since the choice of race very much depends on what kind of gladiator you plan to run, I only see one race I dont want o play right now and thats the urk.

My want to play list: spite, dunder, elaar, trug, sniveler, urk, human.

Cynaidh
01-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Some combo's I am going to try:

For my strong slow duel wielding rage's: i am going to try Dunder on Belgarad as an experiment, going to focus on strength gear and make make each hit count even more, he cant seem to get the jump on anyone so going to see if i can make each hit be devastating

For two-handed rage: going to try Urk, seems like a good 50% of their losses are from being stunned before they attack

Speed rage's duel wielding swords: Snivler

2 handed war's with last stand - Trug

Counter striking theatrics - Dunder, i mean really initiative shouldn't be that big of a deal on a counter striker... seems like that might null the penalty right out

Apoca1ypse
01-30-2012, 04:31 AM
well, reduced damage for urks may not be too bad for some rage gladiators as zerk is a no defense style.

dunders with slow initiative may not be bad at all for 2H glads as their initiative already sucks. depending on whether or not it affects total attacks a round or not, this may be the way forward for 2H rage. that or urks.

BlkTmplr
01-30-2012, 04:57 AM
"We're doing some quick maintenece and will be back online soon. Sorry for the inconvenience."

:rolleyes: Is it time?

Cynaidh
01-30-2012, 06:26 AM
They are here! and only 21 trophies to change for a limited time!

BlkTmplr
01-30-2012, 06:30 AM
After the 67% off grace period it will cost 62 trophies to change race :eek: Experiments could be expensive.

Cynaidh
01-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Wow, less health means less health!!!! On my level 35 guy he went from 900 to 630 health.

BlkTmplr
01-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Have a look at your size/weight :D Massive differences between the races.

Cynaidh
01-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Trug results on a level 38 fighter:

hit points went from 1272 to 1483
Stamina went from 85 to 54
size/weight went form 6'6"/273 to 8'10"/906

These penalties are no joke, going to be interesting to see how these work out!

Warmonger
01-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Wow, looks like the bonuses/penalties are not minor in the least. I am very tempted to throw Trug on my low endurance 94 size monster just to see how big he'll get. Though he'd fall over after like one swing, heh.

oedi
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Races looks like a nice addition to the game, and so far looks balanced. I very much enjoyed choseing races for my gladiators and ended up with chooseing 1 or 2 from the following: elaar, spite, dunder and sniveler.

Dainoji
01-31-2012, 05:03 AM
I just gave a Trug a test drive and had pretty good success, didn't keep him as I wanted to try out other races, but overall I think the races are going to be a very cool addition. Too early to tell if there will be a clear choice to run, but the bonuses and penalties are very interesting to me and I can see multiple builds for each race. I for one am glad Nate and Eric didn't go the cliche route and make it so it was obvious that certain races are meant to be certain specialties and builds. For now I've got myself an Urk, a Spite and a Trug! :)