PDA

View Full Version : War Fight and Gear Help.

Pitfighter
01-22-2012, 03:40 AM
Ive just startet a new War

Stats are:

63 str. 64 int. 59 agi. 66 stam. 62 size. 65 prec. 63 chi.

Im fairly new to the game and still not fully understanding everything.

Im using a polearm 60 dps / 1,45 speed 3 weight.
the total weight of my gear is 15,7 running full light armor.

Skills: 2 in createt distance and 1 feint.

My strat is currently: 8 activty, lunge, torso aim, wep arm def, 7 bloodlust.

If i win i win hard, i 3 shot the minatour but when the enemy got some defence or lucky on the defending i get tired and lose hard.

Im only lvl 3 so i can't change tactic when i get tired yet.

Anyone got some hints, tips, sugjesting according gear, weight, skill.

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask me if theres something you need to know to help.

Grador.

Apoca1ypse
01-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Welcome to the pits :)

the first thing is to turn down your activity and bloodlust down to 3. at low levels you tire out way too easily to use higher settings. once you reach level 10, you can start putting it up a little. the next thing to do is train your weapon skill up to atleast 8, if not all the way to 10 before training anything else.

As a war, your armor is important, so go as heavy as you can while avoiding encumberment.

I'm also assuming that that is your starting gladiator as his stats are pretty low. i'd recommend saving up for a 2nd gladiator, and If you want to make it a war too, look for good size and stamina (75+)

there is also a guide to building war gladiators here so give it a read :)

Pitfighter
01-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the pits :)

the first thing is to turn down your activity and bloodlust down to 3. at low levels you tire out way too easily to use higher settings. once you reach level 10, you can start putting it up a little. the next thing to do is train your weapon skill up to atleast 8, if not all the way to 10 before training anything else.

As a war, your armor is important, so go as heavy as you can while avoiding encumberment.

I'm also assuming that that is your starting gladiator as his stats are pretty low. i'd recommend saving up for a 2nd gladiator, and If you want to make it a war too, look for good size and stamina (75+)

there is also a guide to building war gladiators here so give it a read :)

Is there a big difference in wep, i bought a epic spear and its seem to do the job pretty ok when it first hit.

And won't heavy armor on a agressive war make him super tired super easy?

yes its my start glad.

Question, if i buy a new glad, do i have to lvl him up from scracth to???

crow
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the pit of "The Great Realm" :)

Saw your post and as Apocalypse said..you need to concentrate on weapon skill first and formost. You mentioned using an epic spear...which is a great weapon, just take the time to dial it in using your tavern fights to see how he is performing with it. If you have a bunch of missed attacks, then you need to tone down the activity level and bloodlust. All new glads are clumsy as hell at first, but start to mature once they hit level 10. Which at that point you can start to creep up on the speed and bloodlust. Also a good suggestion is get yourself enough trophies to purchase a few more spots in your barracks and upgrade your undertaker and doctor and armory. Doctor and armory will really help with keeping your gold.

If you plan on being mainly a war stable, here are a few things of note. Bigger is better especially for war. Stamina is key also, along with strength. Your starting glad I would keep around till your stable has the max of 5 or until you feel you don't want him anymore. You mentioned that you are not using heavy armor...well heavy armor is one of a War's biggest strength's... The other major tool for a war glad is hamstring. Also go high on Create Distance, because eliminating a shot a round is huge especially when going against all these speed rage's that are being built. Hope this helps. Good luck