PDA

View Full Version : BLOOD GAMES DAY - Azure vs Laharl

CaineDeSoulis
01-10-2012, 01:31 AM
so azure was being beaten badly and only landed 1 clean shot lol. it was a KO. i lol'd and said *thunk*when i saw that :)

crow
01-10-2012, 02:11 AM
First off congrats to Azure. To be perfectly honest I hate when these types of KO's happen. I'm okay with a first round KO, and I believe a KO chance should increase if your pummeling your opponent, it makes sense then. But when your getting completely obliterated your KO chances should be miniscule.

Dainoji
01-10-2012, 02:29 AM
A knockout can happen at anytime, watch enough MMA or Boxing and you'll see it. Just like any given Sunday, all it takes is one lucky hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8saDZwNy0dQ

CaineDeSoulis
01-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Azure is like 45% win rate currently when she pulls off random KO's that STEAL the fight. it makes investing 20 skill points into KO/Called shot worth it :)

crow
01-10-2012, 03:24 AM
A knockout can happen at anytime, watch enough MMA or Boxing and you'll see it. Just like any given Sunday, all it takes is one lucky hit

I understand this completely, but my only complaint about the come from behind KO is that the % chance should go down when your way behind. Personally I see these happen to my guys all the time and don't give it a second thought. I'm just throwing this out for the overall game perpective.

oedi
01-10-2012, 03:51 AM
I posted this in the KO thread october 1st 2011. The numbers comes from Oedi`s at that point 98 last fights of which he had won 50.

last 50 wins gave oedi 8 KO wins. Which i guess i an ok frequency, but when i analyze the wins only 1 was a true win. 4 of the wins i had 450 or more hp when i got the KO, and i did not fight a 2h rager that couldve 1 hit me at the point. 2 of the KO was in the start of the fight, and could of course ended either way. 1 was a late fight KO with even hp, and couldve ended either way. 1 KO was me winning with no other possibilities of gaining a win.
so without KO my w/l wouldve been like 48-50-3 instead of 50-48-3 so in my mind KO is not a very crucial skill to train.]

I havent done any recent number crunch on the subject but my gut feeling is that its about the same. I still dont think its a very crucial skill for theatrics to learn, but its a fun skill, its very nice to use to beat up arena challenges, and in a few skill combinations can be the skill that brings your W/L ratio those few % points that makes a mediocre gladiator good/great.

Prinny
01-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Laharl (7-3-0) 2 of the losses were from Azure landing a KO on him^^

Narol
01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Does "Iron Jaw" raise your chance to prevent a KO attempt ?

nova1491
01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Does "Iron Jaw" raise your chance to prevent a KO attempt ?

yeah i wanted to ask that too. does it? other then stun. since KO is a partial stun too

CaineDeSoulis
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM
im not sure but i dont think so