PDA

View Full Version : 2H weapons question.

Malkav
01-09-2012, 05:05 AM
I had a question regarding 2H weapons fighting.

After a couple of fights I found a ball and chain and when equipped it I start to notice I won a lot more fights (did a lot of damage) in comparisation when I used a 2h Axe. Also I missed less attacks and dealt out more attacks per round whilst the only difference was the weapon's damage and weight. My 2H weapon skill was the same.

Now later on I found a 2H Maul with even more damage and less weight so I changed to this weapon instead but suddenly I fumble around with my weapon a lot and I hardly hit the opponent and when it does it does light damage. Now the activity 2H weapon level and Bloodlust are all the same. So how is this suddenly possible? I now lose much more battles (I see also changes in the tavern contracts, I have a much harder time beating them).

Is the Maul maybe harder to hit with so I need a higher weapon level? Are there maybe some "invisible" or visible stats per weapon that I should look at. Again the activity bloodlust and weapon skill were the same only difference is that the maul has higher damage and less weight, speed is the same. And I had to change fighting style as well.

Hope someone can answer the question, or maybe Mauls are just bugged or someting and ball and chains are always better even when the stats show that this should not be the case?

Regards,

Malkav

BlkTmplr
01-09-2012, 07:14 AM
I have found this same thing happening with Rapier vs. Epee.
Both are one handed swords, both have 2.4 speed and both are 3 weight.

Even though they have identical stats the Rapier seems to get many more attacks per round over the Epee but lands significantly less critical hits and less all round damage.
Not sure why though.

crow
01-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Whenever you change weapons, you need to spend the time to dial them in. This is where the tavern fights are so important. Figure out how your gladiator handles his new weapon by playing with the activity level and bloodlust and don't forget to test out new aiming spots for the weapon.

Dainoji
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I think is it all in your head. I've seen zero difference between weapons that are the same except their name (i.e. rapier vs epee or Maul vs Great Axe). In order to even test that theory you'd have to have the same build fight the same guy over and over without anything changing. So many things change from fight to fight. I've just changed my aiming location and the results were huge against the same opponent. I'll agree with Crow that you need to dial in the weapon, but it shouldn't be that severe if it is the same type of weapon. Now what I would say is the Ball & Chain is a flail style weapon, so maybe there is a slight difference there like the difference between and flail and a mace, but again I don' think it is severe enough to lose any sleep over it! ;)

Malkav
01-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies... you know it might be all in my head :P But I changed the aiming spot and suddenly I am having "bonecrushing" results again (without changing bloodlust and activity). So for now I just believe it was a matter "target" until someone can proof this is not the case and it is all just coincidence. Thanks again all and BlkTmplr I suggest you do the same. Change target area a couple of times during tavern quests and see what works well for your weapon.

TwoDie
01-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Well a 20 lbs spiked ball to the head might hurt slight more then a greatsword to the head just because blunt force over slice and dice but that's to the head where there is quite a bit of potential for crush over slice but the opposite can be said for say the torso? Broken ribs < guts on the ground. not saying that a ball and chain coulnd't make guts spill just saying that's bash and slash are meant to do different things to different targetted areas of the body