PDA

View Full Version : 2H rage

SilentBob
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
So can someone please explain to me why a 2H rage gladiator would rather attack with his fist, as oppposed to his weapon that he spent all that time on to get to level 10, not just for the first attack, but also his second, finally swinging his slow ass weapon on his third attack before dying like an idiot, very frustrating, and I don't get it. Of course soemone will explain to me that on every attack there is some chance to use the un-equipped off hand, but going back over a few fights this to happen to frequently, if he's not using his weapon it's a huge disadvantage.

BlkTmplr
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Sorry but this did make me chuckle a little bit, it seems your glad has a rebellious attitude and refuses to obey his stable master when told to use his weapon. Perhaps you should give him a knuckle duster on his off hand just to make it more effective. :p

But seriously, I have no idea.

Nate
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
So can someone please explain to me why a 2H rage gladiator would rather attack with his fist, as oppposed to his weapon that he spent all that time on to get to level 10, not just for the first attack, but also his second, finally swinging his slow ass weapon on his third attack before dying like an idiot, very frustrating, and I don't get it. Of course soemone will explain to me that on every attack there is some chance to use the un-equipped off hand, but going back over a few fights this to happen to frequently, if he's not using his weapon it's a huge disadvantage.

Hey SilentBob, Thanks for the post. This isn't a bug, but will be addressed in the future when the next balancing pass is made. The chance of a gladiator attacking with their off hand while using a two handed weapon is very small (something like 5%) and is meant to simulate the case where in fights sometimes swinging a long weapon isn't possible, but many players have been vocal about this giving them a disadvantage and have asked it to be changed, so it has been added to the balancing todo list. I'll post an announcement when the balancing pass is done and live.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
01-07-2012, 06:03 AM
i <3 you nate (completely platonic of course :P)

Team Ziggler
01-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Yeah, wrong thread position aside, I had a fight where the dude seriously threw four punches in a row and then lost, go figure...