PDA

View Full Version : Managers burning out?

crow
01-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Just noticing lately that Kaos return did not last long. I think he only played a few days and has not played since. Too bad Solstice is shooting back up the rankings (noticing people are not challenging him 20 times a day anymore:)
Also I think Prinny has not been on much lately, not seeing Laharl and others initiating fights in the arena.
Surprises me some of the burnout considering this game is not a timesink like alot of other mmorp games. Oh well I have been playing almost year now, and is still enjoying it...I'm really looking forward to the expansions coming soon. Good luck in 2012 everyone.

Warmonger
01-01-2012, 05:41 AM
I have nearly burned out a couple of times but both times stuck around. I find that getting myself a new warrior to play around with helps in that regard. Speaking of which, I am looking at 2 fairly nice slaves sitting in the market and I think Bloodbath II's time may be over.

crow
01-01-2012, 05:51 AM
BBII will be missed if you do decide to sell him...I'm sure if there was a way..other managers would pay top price for him. Most of the newer managers don't know but BBII was the first glad to rocket up the rankings with an almost perfect record. He was also the first successful glad that used a pole arm.

Anyhow..I might sell Delta and Cyclone also. That is why I did not have them fight the blood games. If that great prospect comes along in the market...then they will be sold.

Warmonger
01-01-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I like BBII and I am on the fence. I am kind of attached to him though, so I chickened out for now, instead I'm going to dump my brand new warrior Goldhor who wasn't really meant to be a high ranker, but to raise me some gold. I just worry that BBII can't compete in the top 10. He can hang around where he is now, in the 11-15 range but in a sea of godlings his low size really hurts him. So he's safe for now, but if another nice warrior pops out of the woodwork that might change. Torgo was originally made to be BBII's eventual replacement, but he's not performing as I'd hoped. Maybe he should get the axe instead. He is a physical god, but dumb as a bag of rocks (Also I should have gone 2H instead of pole arms with him but I wanted to leech off BB's old gear). I enjoy watching both Gypsy and Batroc go to work, so I don't have any plans to retire them anytime soon.

Prinny
01-01-2012, 06:59 AM
I do check in on Laharl every 1-2 days to keep his injuries and equipment up but school and other things are just more important ;)
Ive been on vacation so um..what rank did he place in the last blood games? XD

CaineDeSoulis
01-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Yup same here. i'm not going to sell anyone until the Expansions come out. Talk of being able to reselect your race/gender has me interested. Tho if i were selling any of my 4 main gladiators. it would be Azure She has been really under performing in the past 4 or so months >.<. Azure was originally intended to be a "solstice" type of theatrics. but evolved into a KO artist. Unfortuneatley her attacks even with 2 speed 3 weapons have only been 4-6 attempts a round. so I've begun the transistion to a more "oedi" style build with a focus on KO. Caine im not even sure what to do with anymore. Prey is doing very well and tourach my young war glad is in his first bloodgames this month. Building him with the catchphrase "like eruption but with last stand" lol

Apoca1ypse
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I too have almost stopped a few times, and also got close to selling Kharn a multiple times but caine talked me out of it on both accounts.

I'd love to have some glads with different setups or at least better stats, but starting from scratch is just way too unappealing when it'll take me a year to get back to where i am now.

BlkTmplr
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Try not having a choice. :p I'm happy to just be in the veteran bracket.

Cynaidh
01-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Can't say I am burned out at all, if anything I feel like I am finally getting started!

I had 2 glad's make the blood games without having to pay for it, so that's one of my goals done. One of my first glads Belgarad is now in the top 30 even though he is only level 36 with 1000 hit points and has a ton of skill trains still to go (and then stats!), I am looking forward to some of my non-rage glads getting higher up the ranks and they are starting to come up so I can see how they end up working out.

Looking forward to this year having my first level 50 and winning some fights vs the best glads out there.