PDA

View Full Version : Tank Killers

Dainoji
12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Since I'm finding myself fighting tanks more and more now I've started to tailor my skill selection to defeating them. I think I've just about crossed the tipping point to where I can start beating them on more regular basis and want to share the news because I don't like them at all!

In the beginning when war gets total parry, I think they have a good advantage since chances are we haven't gained the skills required to counter the extra defense. After focusing on my weapon, brute force and feint in that order I'm starting to see cracks in their defense. This along with lowering my activity level to the 4-7 range and blood lust into the 4-7 range I find I'm attacking less but hitting more. This was tricky though because I think it depends a lot on your current weapon skill and sometimes if I get matched up against another rager or theatrics I lose. If you don't have much skill than attacking more often might be better since you have more chances to hit, but if you have more skill you can sacrifice a few attacks per round to get the extra accuracy and harder hit. Not sure though, your mileage may vary with your build.

Berserk has been the most successful for me but also the most dangerous since I'm gassing out a lot faster. I haven't had as much luck with kill shot but honestly haven't put as much effort into it. I think a strong tank killer starts at the slave market, you are going to need a high stamina and then you probably want +attack and +stamina items.

There's my input, let's figure out how to smash these guys and increase ticket sales at the arena again under the promise of no more boring fights!

Team Kaos
12-29-2010, 05:01 PM
A talented total parry tank is tough to be beat, but what makes it even harder is prior to getting the event triggers of "opponent is very/moderate/slightly active". It's difficult to plan for a tank and worry about getting a high energy fighter running circles around you.
Being that I don't run any rage fighters, it's hard for me to say what to do with them.

A war gladiator can basically sit down on the sand with the tank and play paddycake total parry until one of them passes out from boredom, and as you said it starts with picking your warrior with decent stamina or loading up with some good stamina lightweight armor. Or just go naked with a blade.
I know, tough to do with limited vault space.

A theatrical fighter has it the toughest since his entire arsenal is based on moving around. Even his parry strats burn alot of energy and usually are set up with lighter weapons that don't smash through armor to well.
But what can be done is get that called shot and signature move skill up high. Fight at a semi-low 3-4 activity max, and get a few big time wacks upside the tanks head and hopefully he gets stunned and/or hits the ground and then you can crank the blood lust up and look for some whopper shots before the tank can regain his footing and senses.

A good practice tool is Panzer, he is a giant with monster endurance and is very very difficult to get a piece of. Truly scary for a theatrical fighter.

A challange strategy would be huge if it was impemented, as would equipment strategies based on specific opponents, that way one could plan and equip for each type of fighter.

I also would guess that a Rage warrior with brute force, sunder armor and even barrel attack would be able to just pummel TP's once they gain enough points in those catagories.
Every gladiator game I have ever played, the rage/barbarian/basher/etc always has the upperhand on a parry due to brute force smashing down on them. Big, strong warrior with huge powerful weapons usually always dominate the guy standing still inside a soup can.

But it also needs to play out a bit since every warrior here is still working on the 3rd tier of skill sets.