PDA

View Full Version : Need help against tank warrior

Sokar
12-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi guys. This is my first post on this forum, please be gentle :)
I have been reading all that seemed valuable, I learned a lot, but now I'm kinda hitting a dead spot.
I'm playing 4 theatrics gladiators, 2 of them are dual wielding offensive and both doing very well so far.

My first issue is with my disabler Apofys (Trident + Shield). He does very good, does get an occasional kill, but I completely fail against tanking warriors. I'm level 16, 70 stamina. I don't seem to be able to figure out the strategy against tank warriors. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I knock them to the ground, create distance is worthless, stunning them does little and I usually only get them bleed a little due to weak hits. If I go for offensive style, I don't have enough stamina to finish them, if I try defensive, even 1-1, they outlast me if they have more stamina (works only against stamina lower than mine).

I can't even decide if I go for lunge, parry-lunge or counter attack. I wished I had some kind of berserking... :/

What do you guys do when you're facing a tank warrior with stamina higher than yours?

Second issue I have is with my tanking theatrics Sarakshi. Again, Trident + Shield. He's just so fucking clumsy I can't figure him out. Stats are good. Do the gladiators have some hidden personality or something? No matther what I do he keeps tripping over himself and missing awkwardly. Weapon skill is 7 (and working o it), shield 5. Tried all strategies, right now does fairly good with 2-3 settings, depending on opponent.

My gladiators: Apofys, Konrad, Yperit, Sarin; Sineth, Sarakshi; Srobovak, Crushinator, Hacksaw, Battle Fortress; (so far only semi-famous in Black Market)

oedi
12-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Im happy to see youve chosen the most exciting speciality out there. In the early game the tank-war is the most difficult opponent for your theatrics, but there are a few things you can do to even the odds.

First of Id only learn 1 weapon skill, and wait with shield for later. Usually you will get best results when running your theatrics offensive in the early game. You wont be able to win on endurance against the tanks, but it should be possible give them some bleed and then hang in there long enough. I would also use the falchion as my exotic weapon, to up the chance for some bleed.

70 stamina is good enough but not great. I usually dont go lower than 70 on any of my new theatrics. If you tend to run out of steam train 7 points of stamina when you hit skill lvl 8 in weapon. For more boost in endurance/stamina go for these achievements: im a winner(50), theatrics nemesis(25)(at lvl 16 you should be close on both), and dundren killing. Try out the I have less endurance than my opponent trigger.(low blood lust saves endurance!!)

Skillwise you will be best off training your weapon skill to 10 as soon as possible. If you get bored doing that throw in a point in feint and create distance to get some blue trigger lines into your fights. When you get to 10 weapon skill go for some points in signature move and gratious violence. Signature move will be your friend in your entire career but gratious violence will be less and less important as the fights gets shorter and shorter.

With activity I usually go something like this: first minute 6-8, moderatly tired 4-6, very tired 1-4. 6-10 with some edge in the fight, find them in the triggers.

As fighting styles go, your most important one is the counter strike, but against the tanks try out the offensive style that work with your weapon of choice(falchion=slash). Of the fighting styles, I use the parry styles least.

As an example of a decent young theatric check out elite#190 Maskerade lvl 16: 69-18-1 W/L, 65st, 67int, 81agi, 70sta, 81sz, 71pre, 56chi. One train from 10 blade skill, 1 point brute force, 1 point feint, and 1 point create distance. No stat trains.

Best of luck on the sand, may the best theatric win.:D

crow
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the game.

As for War tanks they are the most frustrating glads to fight when you first start out...but around level 35 they are seldom run into..and if you do..normally if you have gotten your weapon skill up along with brute force..you should go right through them.

As for your glads being clumsy..slow them down for now till you get your weapon skill up and still don't be surprised that there clumsiness does not wear off til they hit around level 20. Then you should be able to start speeding them back up. Be sure to read over your tavern fights and arena fights in detail..if you are missing alot of attacks..or they are being thought through or aborted..ect... then they are set too fast on the activity level or too much bloodlust. Missing attacks is one of the worst things to do in an upper level fight.

Hope this helps..and good luck in the arena.

Sokar
12-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys, this helped :)

Lol I just bought a trident and a shield in a toy store to chase my friends around with it. One could see me in a shopping mall practicing my barreling attack and signature move on a friend while he felt awkward and pretended not to know me :D I almost had him, but then I fumbled with my weapon and it flew from my grasp :/

That brings me to a question, what causes fumbling with the weapon? This happens to me even with low bloodlust and activity occasionally.