PDA

View Full Version : Vault Bug

Nate
12-28-2010, 02:11 AM
As some of you no doubt already knew there was a bug with the vault where it would allow you to store more items then it should have under certain situations.

This bug has been fixed.

If you are currently storing more items then you should be please sell whatever items you need to as soon as possible so you aren't past capacity anymore or get yourself more vault space to accommodate the extra items otherwise in the very near future you're likely to have a break in by one of Jimmy's boys and they'll be borrowing any extra items in there...permanently. ;)

In the future if you find a bug like this please let me know. While I know it's tempting to exploit bugs, doing so violates the TOS and can result in having your account banned. This isn't a fun thing, it involves boiling cauldrons of hot oil, lot of screaming, popping and sizzling noises, sometimes breading and it usually starts to smell like really bad fried chicken that is not finger lickin' good...it's pretty messy really. ;)

Ok, whew, now that all that mean nasty stuff is out of the way...Good Luck in the Pit!

Thanks!

-Nate-

Nate
12-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Looks like there was an issue with the bug fix that prevented you from doing a "swap" when equipping an item over an existing item. I have reverted the code back to its original state until I can fix the bug without creating a new one! You should never feed bugs after midnight, they tend to get meaner. :)

I'll post an update when this is fixed.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

Nate
12-29-2010, 04:28 AM
Ok, let's try this again. :)

I've checked in a fix for this bug and think everything should be working as intended now. Here is how it is supposed to work, so if you experience anything contrary, please let me know.

Obviously you shouldn't be able to store more items in your vault than you have room for.

You should be able to swap items with no space available in your vault. For example if you have one vault slot and currently have a main hand weapon in it and are already equipped with a non-armoury main hand weapon then you should be able to equip the weapon in the vault and it will do a swap of the two items.

A couple edge cases that might not be obvious is if you are trying to equip a two-handed weapon and are currently equipped with a non-armoury main hand and an off-hand weapon you'll need two vault slots since both items in your hands will need a place to go.

Armoury items are never stored in your vault so they'll never be counted when determining if you have enough vault space.

Thanks again and good luck in the Pit!