PDA

View Full Version : Signature move, % chance to get stun

Cynaidh
11-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Anyone have any idea how often the different moves are assigned to glad's, i have picked up this skill 7 times now I believe, i have seen sweep 1 time, disarm 2 times, and the rest where all blind. Was wondering if anyone had done a larger sample of test glads to see how often each one shows up.

CaineDeSoulis
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
its a low percentage :(

oedi
11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
i just checked my 12 of my 14 theatrics(2 do not have SM yet) and they came out like this 3 blind (narvalo, novalar, subjectnine). 2 sweep (Farum, subjecttwelve). 4 stun (Ormgar, Azmael, Luziel, subjectfifteen). 3 disarm (Oedi, Gregorio, subjectseven).

CaineDeSoulis
11-24-2011, 01:39 AM
ive never gotten sig move stun :(

HipsterD
04-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Is blind a worthwhile SM? I'm contemplating unlearning and going different rout. If it was sweep, it's a no brainer, but I'm not sure whether blind is useless or not (sure its not useless, but could my points go somewhere more beneficial?)

Thanks,
HD

CaineDeSoulis
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
blind is probably the 2nd strongest and most versatile overall

HipsterD
04-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks Caine.

Narol
04-01-2012, 06:06 PM
You can blind an adversary only by using Sig : Blind, there is no other way as far as I know so it's an unique capacity...

It complement well with Barelling attack as an opponent who gets both prone and blind is almost helpess...

Dainoji
04-01-2012, 06:09 PM
If it was sweep, it's a no brainer

I'm not following why sweep is a no brainer. Sig Move:Sweep is a great skill, knocking the opponent down reduces the number of attacks he gets and that reduces his damage output per round and his ability to have skills go off! That's pretty damn good.

I've been noticing an unfortunate trend on the boards where if a skill or race isn't directly related to damage or health it's considered shit...IMO that type of thinking is simple minded, very short sighted and probably causing new (and old) managers to follow the same builds and not experiment and find new ones. If you have Sweep, then grab Death From above as well to capitalize on it. There is no defense against sweep, but there is defense against stun. Pump up your agility and intellect, I've noticed high agility/int glads seem to prevent prone opponent from getting back up. It's easy now to experiment, have fun with it.

Cynaidh
04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Yup i think the 4 sig moves are all fairly well balanced, Sweep might be the lowest on my list just due to barreling attack being easier to get and barreling attack does damage when it hits, if sweep did damage so it was equal to barreling i'd have no problem with it at all. Blind is amazing, Stun is very nice damage (the stun gets resisted a ton though), and disarm vs a low int glad will win the battle every time. So really all of them are worth having, if you made me rank them i'd probably go Stun & Blind > disarm > sweep

CaineDeSoulis
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm not following why sweep is a no brainer. Sig Move:Sweep is a great skill, knocking the opponent down reduces the number of attacks he gets and that reduces his damage output per round and his ability to have skills go off! That's pretty damn good.

I've been noticing an unfortunate trend on the boards where if a skill or race isn't directly related to damage or health it's considered shit...IMO that type of thinking is simple minded, very short sighted and probably causing new (and old) managers to follow the same builds and not experiment and find new ones. If you have Sweep, then grab Death From above as well to capitalize on it. There is no defense against sweep, but there is defense against stun. Pump up your agility and intellect, I've noticed high agility/int glads seem to prevent prone opponent from getting back up. It's easy now to experiment, have fun with it.

Firstly Sigmove of any kind IS an attack attempt. for a 2handed war for example it would take the place of an attack. of which your only going to get 1 per round usually. on a gladiator that attacks alot ANY sigmove is fine but the best will still be stun only because it's damaging. if all the others did damage blind would be very strong if not stronger than stun. Disarm is a little stronger than sweep because "Disarm Effects" are not as common as "Knock Down Effects" but disarms are 50% of the time nullified by the opposing gladiator picking up their weapon immediately. Also "Trugs" have an ability to resist knockdowns. also a Stun critical effect combined with a Sig move stun is not counter-able. same with Barrelling attack + knock down effect.

Iv'e Ran sweep with death from above. the damage is slight at best >.<. as far as experimentation and having fun with new play styles and this is a bold statement I dont think there are any other managers that play test as hard as i do. for instance anyone testing a "Buckler" based gladiator where the shield is used as an offensive weapon and a smaller defensive bonus? Sedris for example is a 2handed rage with 10 points in finishing blow. less than 550 wins and has 94 kills. is sedris going to take the primus by storm and be the primus champion. i seriously doubt it. is he going to be the epitome of a 2handed rage killer's. i believe so, effective in winning no but alot of fun to play. i'm rebuilding zombie azure not because i think its going to win but because i really enjoyed the insane number of KO's Azure had and would like to see them again. its all about having a good time.

Dainoji
04-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Also "Trugs" have an ability to resist knockdowns.

I think you mean to say "Dunders" instead of "Trugs", Trugs just smell nasty and eat all your food! :)

HipsterD
04-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Nothing against sweep other than the fact that I can get damage while accomplishing same thing.