PDA

View Full Version : Master of Arms

nova1491
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi,

Just a thought. How does this skill work?

Let say my weapon skill for mace and axe is now lvl 9. And let say i've a final skill to get to lvl 9 or 10. Should i get this master of arms to lvl 9 or 10 and drop my axe/mace weapon skill to 0?

Not sure on how it works.

Quote:

Master of Arms
Chance To Train 0%
Intellect
Rank 0/10
Passive
Requires 55 trains in War skills.
All available weapon skills are considered to be the same level as Master of Arms. Weapon skills will never be lower then their current skill level and never higher then the highest weapon skill your gladiator has achieved.

Apoca1ypse
11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
never higher then the highest weapon skill your gladiator has achieved.

essentially you're limited to the highest weapon skill you have trained. if you get MoA to 10 and drop maces to 5, all your other weapons will only be lvl 5 as that's the limiting factor.

in short: no. it wont work

nova1491
11-18-2011, 11:19 PM
mmm...if my axe/mace is lvl 10, and MoA is lvl 10, i can use all equip in battle should i drop my best mace/axe due to effects like disarm?

Apoca1ypse
11-19-2011, 12:11 AM
correct. a weapon + MoA both at lvl 10 means you'll use all weapons at that skill level. means that you can swap between weapon type between fights too. 1 match rock 2 clubs, another with sword and board, or 2H weaps.

nova1491
11-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Erm, so how is this tactic beneficial as a stable manager? Or how is this beneficial to the War glad?

The only thing i can think of is should i drop my weapon in a fight due to signature move like disarm or when some glad land a huge hit on either hands and my poor glad drop his weapon, he can pick up any crap weapons idl-ing on the ground should the opportunity/mishap arises.

Apoca1ypse
11-19-2011, 06:21 PM
means you'll be better with a crappy item should you grab one in the arena after being disarmed.

also means that you can have versatility in what you gear your gladiator up with before the fight. this could be useful for bloodgames where you know your opponent a day in advance

if you intend to run your gladiator with a shield, MoA is strictly better to train up instead because you spend 20 skill points regardless, but MoA gives the versatility i mentioned.

Dainoji
11-20-2011, 01:41 AM
if you intend to run your gladiator with a shield, MoA is strictly better to train up instead because you spend 20 skill points regardless, but MoA gives the versatility i mentioned.

I understand your logic on this but to be honest I've found training in shield early on to be quite useful and if my plan for that build is sword and board then no reason to not train it earlier and just skip MoA altogether. If you do want to train in it though it does make the War build the most flexible in terms of solutions to potential roadblocks by opening up more options ranging from 2H smasher to a Tin Can Tank!