PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wield-ing of exotic weapons with 3spd

nova1491
11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey, i got a question.

Should i get high agility and stamina with at least 70 stat pts to strength to make this fighting style work?
Been using daggers and the glove thing with blades attached on to it.
Seems like weapons in theratics with dual wield 3spd weapons deal too little dmg in arena and arena challenges.

Average data shows dmg dealt is Reduced. My glad's activity rate is at 7. Blood lust at 4.

I guess it was due to fighting heavily amoured dudes(war) but i notice the trend does stop when i fight against rage in arena and arena challenges.

I wanna make this style work. But cant figure how. I've a decent idea on 1.5spd and below weapons. But this is a new challenge for me and i need some tips.

Apoca1ypse
11-17-2011, 01:00 AM
need more info dude.

can you give us:

level
stat profile
skill tree (either a list with trains, or a screenshot of them)

It sounds like armor is your problem, but also keep in mind that high activity means more swings at less damage, and low bloodlust mean better accuracy and again less damage. it may be a case of simply setting them both to 5 or something... like I said, need more info

nova1491
11-17-2011, 03:25 AM
need more info dude.

can you give us:

level
stat profile
skill tree (either a list with trains, or a screenshot of them)

It sounds like armor is your problem, but also keep in mind that high activity means more swings at less damage, and low bloodlust mean better accuracy and again less damage. it may be a case of simply setting them both to 5 or something... like I said, need more info

Level: 24
Record: 86-77-2
Bracket: Juggernaut
Ranking: 334th
Specialty: Theatrics
Race: Human
Health: 661
Endurance: 74

Total Equipment Weight: 15.95
8%
Base Damage: 21 - 45 (99.0 dpr)
Health: 661
Endurance: 66
Mods & Buffs:
+ 7 Strength
+ 5 Intellect
+ 17 Agility
+ 8 Stamina
+ 14 Presence
+ 3 Chi

Stats Final:

Strength: 66 Intel:75 Agi:89 Stam:74 Size:76 Pres:87 Chi:65

Main Hand:
Exotic Speed 3 Weight 1.5
Main Hand
21 - 45 Damage
(99.0 damage per round)
Durability 30/30
Item Level 24

Off-Hand:
Off-Hand
21 - 45 Damage
(99.0 damage per round)
Durability 30/30
Item Level 24

There. Hope this helps others too.

nova1491
11-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Weapon 7
Call Shot 6

Signature, Crowd Pleaser and Violence all 6

Feint 6

Strength of Crowd and Finishing Blow 2.

Apoca1ypse
11-17-2011, 06:09 AM
he seems very low strength, but his agility is nice. thankfully exotic weapons are based off that :)

getting your weapon skill up to 10 is your first point of calling.

maybe up bloodlust 1 notch, and drop activity 1.

if you dont already have one, get an offhand weapon to match your main hander.

I dont know your fight strategies, but make sure you have one specific to war gladiators if they're what are giving you trouble. you can always then test it out in the pit fights. do 2-3 fights against wars as a minimum for your test.

nova1491
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
if you dont already have one, get an offhand weapon to match your main hander.

its very hard to find a 3spd off hand exotic with decent stats. :( Oh well.

mmm will it affect my hit rate if i use 3spd main hand and 1.5spd off hand cos the stats is good for the off hand?

Narol
12-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Yes, I've tried it and you get less attacks in the round. I have a theatrics (Slim Tailor, 72-18-1) who fights with 2 cestus and I would recommand you boost strenght and train Brute Force, that helps a lot to pass through defenses and make significant damages that BLEED adversary to death...

Dainoji
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
If you are using a cestus, you want agility, not strength. Strength is better for mid speed weapons like broad swords and slower. Strength will of course help you, but if you have to choose between the two and you are using fast weapons, go for agility.

nova1491
12-03-2011, 02:32 AM
i've seen a glad in blood games last season. use extreme agility strat with dual war hammers.

more dmg, more spd and more painful with the skill build that glad went.

Apoca1ypse
12-03-2011, 02:57 AM
hammers are based off strength so i suspect he wasnt a pushover in an arm wrestle too :P

nova1491
12-03-2011, 08:02 AM
i'll assume the glad has 90 base strength or sth.

Narol
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I agree that Agility comes first when fighting with Cestus (Slim has 95 agility now), but without strenght you will often lose against armored tanks so strenght needs to be quite high too so as to compensate for the light damages of the weapon...

Slim was hitting often but mostly making just scratches before I raised his strenght above 80, and was almost never making critical hits... With strenght and brute force he goes over the defense and armor of his opponents and rarely lose anymore...

A skill that helps a lot is Gratuituous Violence, raise it as high you can as more hits due to the weapon speed makes more occasion to increase the bleeding... Then you may also need a little stamina (70+) to stay on your feet until your adversaries bleed to death...

nova1491
12-07-2011, 06:27 AM
many thanks. learnt a lot.

i had some data on my own glad. 3spd weapon exotics with shield on off hand doesnt perform well.

Wonder why this is so.

Dainoji
12-07-2011, 02:07 PM
many thanks. learnt a lot.

i had some data on my own glad. 3spd weapon exotics with shield on off hand doesnt perform well.

Wonder why this is so.

Chuck Norris disagrees with you.