PDA

View Full Version : What if Fight Tokens where Action tokens...

Cynaidh
11-04-2011, 06:19 PM
And there was several things you could do with them.

Where as an arena fight is the standard action, you make exp, get a training point, and make gold.

Would be interesting if fighting in the arena was just one of many options to spend your Fight Token on like if there were other options to spend your actions points on such as...

- Extra training - 0 exp, 0 gold, 2-3 training points
- Watch the expert fights - double-triple normal fight exp, 0 gold, 0 training points
- Man-whore for a day - 0 exp, double-triple normal fight gold, 0 training points (chance for serious injury <joke>)
- Go dungeon crawling - chance for 0 - quadruple normal fight gold, chance for green - purple items (for the gamblers out there, might get a lot of gold, or might get a purple item, or might get nothing at all)

Would just bring a different element of strategy as to what you have your glads do every day, of course since they are glads they would still have to answer challenges from other people, or perhaps get called back in for a random match up (that someone else started with their fight token).

Masterfist
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I would have to give a strong vouch for cynaidh here......Extra training and dungeon crawling, sounds interesting just reading it. More points, more gold, chance for quality armor or just a simple adventure= satisfaction, but like he said just a idea.(a good one) ;)

Sierra11A
02-20-2012, 12:32 AM
im not sure if this is part of the same topic, as such I appologise if it is not. This is my first day playing PoW and I can easily say that I will be playing this game continuously. There is however, an issue I have with the fight tokens that may be an eventual deal breaker with me and that is the "recharge rate" for lack of better wording. Now, if I remember right, it takes three hours to get one fight token. Now please bare with me here as this will probably be an unintentionally long winded post. Going with the math of three hours/token (provided its right) that, to me does not provide a whole lot of arena time in a day. And my reasoning is this: A person get an average of seven hours of sleep per night, followed by an eight hour shift/ day. with my math, that makes two tokens with time remaining while the person sleeps, to be fair i'll say three total (taking into account time to get ready for work etc.) and ill say another three while the person is at work for a total of six fight tokens. If you want to factor in travel time, shall we say a total of seven maybe eight? (this is all on a daily basis). Now for me, i like to relaxe a bit before dinner when i get home, and knowing me, this will be the game i play to relax. Provided I do, those are the first im goingto blow through. So dinner rolls around, im gone for an hour, hour and a half, come back and tee no tokens. So I blow through the tavern quests. All that is left for me to do is atr. increases as well as upgrades. The point I am trying to get at here is I feel as though the amount of time to wait for the fight tokens is not equal to the number of tokens recieved. Now I know there are things I have forgotten to take into account and I welcome friendly discussion but may I suggest lessening the time to possably one token per hour or hour and a half?. That way, in my head anyway, it will allow the players to not only involve themselves in the game more, but it will also allow the players to spend more time on their glads, allowing for more impressive fights.

I will have to finish this post at a later date as im falling asleep atm and cant think straight though for the time being i welcome any and all replies.

thank you for your consideration and keep up the good work :)

BlkTmplr
02-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Some Managers at the moment are struggling just to run at the current pace due to multiple factors. Just to name 2:
Paying for more injuries, more often.
Paying for more armor durability damage, more often.

If we were to ever increase the token refresh rate to 1 per hour it would become almost impossible to run a 5 gladiator stable and it would probably be a game breaker for myself personally.
I understand your reasoning and think you've thought this through quite a lot but you also need to take into account that there has to be a livability for the game too, if there was 1 Arena fight per hour then you're going to be doing 8760 fights per year. The older managers have been lucky to have even done 1000 over a year.

At that rate you would be paying for 8.8x more armor damage, 8.8x more injuries and a lot more glads making it to lvl 50 in less than 6-8 weeks.

Sierra11A
02-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Please forgive my ignorance here but i had the understanding that more fights equaled more money, if you include more glads and have them be good at what they do, should a manager have no problem than maintaining them? I was also under the impression that though a manager could keep playing a maxed out glad?. I guess I just thought that the more a person played, the more monmey they would make which in turn would make it easier to look after their glads, especially with multiple glads.

Dainoji
02-20-2012, 08:14 AM
You are correct, the more you fight the more gold you will earn. Managers who complain about not having enough gold usually have all grape ape gladiators and have either not invested in the armory and/or are mismanaging their gold. I have a level 5 armory and 3 mostly grape apes and never have gold trouble and I don't even always run all the tavern quests! If you want more to do, get yourself some trophies and expand your barracks so you can buy four more gladiators and you'll instantly have a lot more to do. :)

Sierra11A
02-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, thats one of the many things I neglected to take into account due to having been tired when I wrote that post. Each glad has a set number of tokens to work with, when I use them all on one, I can just swap glads and keep on going hehe. I am curious though as to what the best way is in becoming a manager with glads that always win and earn large sums of coin.

Apoca1ypse
02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Managers who complain about not having enough gold usually have all grape ape gladiators and have either not invested in the armory and/or are mismanaging their gold. I have a level 5 armory and 3 mostly grape apes and never have gold trouble and I don't even always run all the tavern quests!

I have 5/6 armory, 3 grape-apes and have issues with coin so I take offense :P

My problem though is that my 3 grape apes are 2H rage and not bringing in much coin (ie losing a lot) and only return with stuff that needs fixing or a dozen invoices from the temple.