PDA

View Full Version : I would like a professional opinion.....

Masterfist
11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
My gladiator is war and I would like to use him as a kill type but im not sure how to do it...his strength 80's his intellect 80's, stamina low 70's and presence is high 70's I would be very greatful if someone gave me at least an idea of how to use him like i would wish if this is possible....I've killed with war type's before but im still testing strategies and he still misses hit's quite a bit? help anyone....

TwoDie
11-04-2011, 04:03 PM
More info would be nice. as in the rest of his stats and his school as in rage theatrics or war.....
I assume you choose war. You'll want to take either blades or two handed and put about 7 or more (i personally train the wep. skill to 9) then branch off into (if offensive) feint more then create distance and then put a good bit into war cry brute force barreling strike ( size permitting) and then i personally try to go for sig. move on all my glads and feint a little more then brute force and war cry but mainly you'll want those skills for offensive. I doubt you'll want defensive because they don't tend to kill from exhausting an opponent. (Judging from what info you gave) id say (you have a war glad) make it a two handed glad and branch off into skills as u see fit i wouldn't put to much into specialty. But i see most offensives take feint,brute,barreling,sig move.
ALSO if you REALLY want kills you could make sure you CAN kill in your branch and then take ur skills into finishing blow and when you buy items look for presence unless your having trouble with ur strength/agi/stam ect..... if so see to them 1st. Anything anyone would like to add?

Head of Black Bushido
05-29-2012, 01:01 AM
I always use war gladiators, but you will find that the margin of death varies on the presence of the opponent.
These ways seem to be how to kill other gladiators;
1): Deal damage compared to time, if you deal damage equal to at least 25% of opponent health as your finishing blow>30 seconds, I usually get the kill.
2): Have high chi and presence. Simply because chi=extreme damage, and presence=your gladiator is epic. These also Intellect and Chi are the key attributes in finishing blow.
3): Weapon skill=a better use for it, are you going to win, or are you going to kill. Weapon skill is the key factor to hitting and not fumbling with your weapon. My first time playing I just went barreling attack, my gladiator missed and never killed, he got sold at 86-113-0. Now my gladiator is 257-116-25, and his first 10 kills came before the 'Gladiators' bracket.

If you want to win, key abilities are 'Create distance', 'last stand'. Don't worry about size, unless you really need to wear the heavy armour or need 'Barreling attack', because strength can help carry that out and with added damage.

I hope this helps

Narol
05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
First, welcome, it's nice to see all this fresh meat in the forum and the arena.

War is the style that kills the less : Rage kills by doing enormous hits and theatrics by causing huge cumulative bleedings... War don't do that but is the more technical skill (and in my opinion the best performing at high level)

Your gladiator has nice stats, you didn't say what weapons he trained so far but considering his stats the best for him would be axes/maces. The best way to get kills is to play him very offensive and train skills like brute force and later Athletism to make sure he hits often... Barrelling attack, Feint, Hamstring and Warcry will be useful skills too but raise your weapon skill, brute force and Athletism to the max as soon you can and in priority as those 3 skills effect ALL your attacks.

At low level you can play him something like 5/5 Bash, but when he will be over level 20 you can try to raise step by step his activity level and blood lust up to something like 8/10... When you reach a point where he starts to hit less, just go one notch down and stop raising them until he improved his skills or level.