PDA

View Full Version : About your fight strategies

papasmun
10-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Im a stable master in pit of war <scorpion> and i just bought in 3 new glads for fun.... and i cant seem to figure out my guys strategies (well except one i suppose) especially exotic weapon..... what is a very good working strategy for you people? im asking this because I have realised that each weapon types seems to have their own fight strategy...... and i will try to apply to myself XP

crow
10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
First of all, welcome to the game. I'm surprised no one else has answered you yet. Okay, first new fighters need to be toned way down in the beginning. Most people have their fighters fighting with WAY too high bloodlust and activity. Alot of your strategy will depend on your fighters strength, agility, and stamina. If any of them have very low stamina (anything under 70), your activity level needs to be around 3 or 4 with a bloodlust of about the same. Also strength plays a role, if your guy is weak (under 70) you might want to consider a lighter weapon. Of course you have to weigh that against your agility. So more than likely I would start out with a 4/4 strategy and then test it in the tavern fights. If your guy is still missing his attacks or getting tangled in web, or tripping over something and his timing is off. Then I would dial it back some more. You want all of your shots to connect if possible.
There are some good guides for starting out that you might want to check out. In the FAQ (newbies) section there is "a guide for new players" and Oedi wrote a guide for theatrics, titled "how I build my theatrics" I believe it is in the theatrics section. Finally there is a War Guide in the war section. And Apocalypse did a guide on Rage fighters in the Rage section. These give great insight and knowledge to new players like yourself and will save alot of trial and error that us older players have gone through.
Good Luck

papasmun
10-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Thank you! but the thing is that this guy has 69 str and 72 agility. i dont see why he is missing alot when using gladius, and esp considering that he is lvl5 in called shot XP. and also this is just a question to big stable masters like you, how do you get so much trophies to equip all your guys in purple? XD

CaineDeSoulis
10-31-2011, 04:14 AM
Weapon skill is the biggest factor in a gladiator's hit/miss rate i would advise bringing it up to 10 asap.

Apoca1ypse
10-31-2011, 04:15 AM
train up his weapon skill more.

weapon skill = more hits on opponent (and damage)
called shot = more of those hits connecting with the specified area.

papasmun
10-31-2011, 06:28 PM
OMG until now in my experience in playing pit of war, i finally realised that! XD Oh thank you so much XP ok....then my gladiators skills are wrong XP.....

papasmun
10-31-2011, 06:30 PM
oh yeah, but does athletism increase the hit chance?

Prinny
10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
yup that's what the skill does :P