PDA

View Full Version : Luck

Cynaidh
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Noticed there are Achievements that give + to Luck, can anyone share what this stat does? The only part of the game really where I would consider Luck to be involved is skill gains, does it help with those?

Arkham
10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Probably helps with the quality of the drops after tavern fights. The stats required for skill raises are listed on each skill.

Prinny
10-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Intellect is the only skill that helps for skill raises.

I have tried with 2 achievements before giving me +13 luck
Luck isn't much help in tavern fights.
It does however seem to make your rolls a good amount lower I scored alot more low dice rolls when training skills while I had the achievements active.

All in all they aren't really worth it to activate seeing as by the time you get the good luck achievements you will probably have better ones already.

Cynaidh
10-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Ok, thanks guys

Arkham
10-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Intellect is the only skill that helps for skill raises..

You couldn't be more wrong.

Prinny
10-29-2011, 05:38 AM
You couldn't be more wrong.

Lol Arkham I will train a gladiator and make some screenshots to see who of us is right ;)

Arkham
10-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Easy test. Take a skill like Feint. Requires int and agility. Remove a piece of agility gear. Look as the % chance to train gets harder. Bow before my skills of observation.

Prinny
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Somehow that didn't even come up in my mind tried it with a Chi gear piece and yes the % does change but like Intellect it isn't a big change :P

Im now doubting who made me believe again that Intellect is the only attribute that matters in skill trains seems I was right before after all xD

Still im going to train this lousy glad I bought for 788 gold and see the big difference xD

Cynaidh
10-30-2011, 06:32 AM
So...

If glad A has 100 str, 100 chi, 50 int and glad B has 100 str, 100 chi, 100 int and they are both training Blood Drunk (a str/chi skill) from 9 to 10 the one with 100 int will have a better %?

I didn't even know that the stats on your gear helped your trains, the bonuses they give don't show on the stats that are shown on the training screen, and I swear someone told me they don't. So i take it that wearing stat gear instead of +attack/defense is better for learning then.

Prinny
10-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Ofcourse the 1 with 100 int will have a better % Int is almost only used in order to train skills :P

I didn't know gear could influence your training chances either so I guess knowing this you could influence the chances of training a skill by a proper amount :P

Personally I prefer stat gear greatly over attack/defense gear even without the benefit of easier learning.
Tell me what would you prefer?
Random Armor Piece +27 attack
Random Armor Piece +5 Strength +4 Agility +3 Stamina +3 Presence +4 Chi +8 Attack

Cynaidh
10-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh the second set for sure.

I wonder if stacking INT gear at the beginning of a glad's career might pay off in the long run from better learns.

Arkham
10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Ofcourse the 1 with 100 int will have a better % Int is almost only used in order to train skills :P

If a skill does not list int, the skill doesn't need int. You can 'prove' it by putting on some int gear and seeing how it does not influence skills that do not list INT in them. An example is grim determination. One of the first things I did when I started this game is buy up 5 slots for gear and bought a set of leather int gear (all gladiators can wear leather) with the express intent of using it for training. It is how i discovered that int isn't the only important stat for training, and why I gave up on that training idea.

Prinny
10-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Yea was just trying it out to be sure :P Although it's hard for me to find a piece on my glads that has Int without strength in it aswell.

How useless Int actually is exept for a few decent skills and weapons is pretty amazing xD

Still I would rather have a glad with 100 Int than 50 xD

CaineDeSoulis
10-31-2011, 04:16 AM
int is a key feature of azure's KO amount :)