PDA

View Full Version : Wagering!!

crow
10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to make a feature in the blood games for a little trophy wagering? Since you know who your opponent is ahead of time, is there a way the managers can input a trophy wager on the fight. :cool:

Also, I have not heard back about the possibility of an official chat room on the main site.

Dainoji
10-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Cool idea but it's already too easy to cheat and throw a fight just to have a better record now. It's nearly impossible to stop since you can still walk into the arena in all your gear and set your strategies such that you know you'll lose which I suspect is still going on despite the ruling that it is considered cheating. The ability to wager will just see the cheating skyrocket to win trophies especially among those gladiators who know they will not finish in the top 10. In my mind the only way you could implement such a system that wouldn't be laced with cheating would be having the known matchups removed, or all bets are blind meaning you just wager a sum and it is then applied to a random fight which you only find out about after the fact or not allowing a manager to bet on his own gladiators. The first option removes a cool aspect of the blood games and the second option removes the excitement of gambling and the third option is nearly impossible to enforce since many run multiple teams.

Dirtymeat
10-22-2011, 05:58 PM
There should be only one account per player, and NO multiple accounts allowed.
I know this game needs players who pay to play, but there should not be more than one stable per player, unless you have managers to be able to buy extra stables as an upgrade to their account, and all under one username, and no stables under the same master will battle as a conflict of intrest.

Only one account per player should be inforced, and one player being able to bend the game to his will and always win do to multiple accounts, and teams is underhanded, and unfair to other managers, expecilay the free to play players.

Dainoji
10-22-2011, 06:10 PM
I know this game needs players who pay to play, but there should not be more than one stable per player, unless you have managers to be able to buy extra stables as an upgrade to their account, and all under one username, and no stables under the same master will battle as a conflict of intrest.

Only one account per player should be inforced, and one player being able to bend the game to his will and always win do to multiple accounts, and teams is underhanded, and unfair to other managers, expecilay the free to play players.

Sounds good in theory, but it is impossible to enforce. All you need to have are multiple email addresses and you can't track it by IP because if you are behind a router everyone will have the router's IP address. Multiple stables isn't really a big deal and hasn't been a problem in the past. New features like betting can probably still be implemented, it will just take more thought.

Prinny
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Im agaisnt the idea there is the fact that it could indeed happen but I don't think there are people so far who are really doing it.
If it gets done obviously you could always report to Nate/Eric and they would likely take the apropriate actions.

Also by having multiple stables it isn't like they cant fight eachother I have seen a fair amount of fights between Prinny Squad and Kyuuketsuki gladiators by uniting them under a single stable they won't fight eachother ;)

crow
10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I am hearing y'alls talk about this would not work because of cheating. But betting on the match between 2 managers was commonplace back in the day. I am not saying wager against the arena, but against another manager and both of you have something to lose. If someone is throwing fights against his 2nd stable that would just be trophy transferring. I can tell you this much, I am betting my guy against another managers guy and putting trophies and gold on the fight, he will be going in healthy with his equipment in tip top shape!!