PDA

View Full Version : Newest Upcoming Update thoughts

CaineDeSoulis
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
So pretty much back to the old system with the only change being fight tokens. all and all with some gladiators fighting 2-6 times a day should make for some good bloody competition. the top spot will be heavily challenged and host to a slew of injuries, armor repair bills and kills. somehow i feel this change will swell the great realm with blood and carnage. my hats off to anyone who's going to stay in what will surely be a new age of violence in the pits.

Dainoji
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Since you are getting gold for all the fights I don't see injuries or repairs being a big problem, you'll just have to stay on top of things and if you aren't in a highly contended spot you may only fight a few times per day.

Dirtymeat
10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Glad to see these changes being made, to me this makes it more relistic, nice to go to battle, and have some affect on the opponet, but I feel if the challanged gladitor wins the match or makes a kill he should get experence, and training points for the win for beating the challange.

I know I'm a newcomer to the games, and I must say it's refreshing to see someone who cares, and takes the time to do updates to keep the game fresh, and intresting.

I understand nothing can be perfect, and everyone will have there own thoughts on updates being made, so keep up the good work for keeping the battles fresh, and blood flowing.

jasta85
10-11-2011, 09:22 PM
the gold is nice, but the cost of injuries and repairs (at least at my level) definitely exceed the amount of gold I get from fights, logged on today and found half my glads had their gear in the red when they were all fine yesterday. definitely means you should "top off" your equipment before logging off for the day to avoid having them break from downtime fights.

I do like the tokens though, so if I miss a day or have my glad rest a day because of death penalties then I can still have the same number of fights in the arena at least (would be nice if tavern missions and training points also carried over).

Apoca1ypse
10-12-2011, 02:15 AM
I had 4 deaths in 2 days :( that ate all my gold in repairs. thankfully cheaper than healing injuries as i just repaired everything and abused the whole "rez for whatever gold you have left" that the temple offers

despite this, I think I like the direction things have taken, mainly because I'm competing in blood games. my only real gripe is that even the really well established stables are still in the poorhouse in terms of gold :( that doesnt seem right to me.

Dainoji
10-12-2011, 03:00 AM
What are you considering the poor house? My stable routinely has over 10,000 gold and I always repair and heal. If I do a big repair or heal it will drop below but it will quickly be gained back. If you are having gold trouble the best thing you could ever do is max out your doctor and armory, it'll be some of the best trophies you ever spent or at the very least get them as high as you can, it'll make a big difference trust me!

Edit: Obviously max out your guards as well. :)

Dainoji
10-12-2011, 03:10 AM
I do like the tokens though, so if I miss a day or have my glad rest a day because of death penalties then I can still have the same number of fights in the arena at least (would be nice if tavern missions and training points also carried over).

There won't be any resting or sitting out when the new changes come online as you'll be matched up with gladiators who are using their tokens but you'll get the gold for those fights and that will cover your repairs without any trouble in most cases. If you die then the 10% hit will hurt a bit more, so I suggest you make it a habit to win and not die! ;)

Apoca1ypse
10-12-2011, 04:19 AM
What are you considering the poor house? My stable routinely has over 10,000 gold and I always repair and heal. If I do a big repair or heal it will drop below but it will quickly be gained back. If you are having gold trouble the best thing you could ever do is max out your doctor and armory, it'll be some of the best trophies you ever spent or at the very least get them as high as you can, it'll make a big difference trust me!

Edit: Obviously max out your guards as well. :)

poorhouse = under 1k gold after repairing all my armor. I occasionally get above 20k gold, but that's only when I get a nice glut of arena challenge wins after sinking cash into new items. then it slowly dwindles down. I live in hope of avoiding injuries but it's kinda hard to avoid when i'm running 5 rage glads.

2 are in full purple suits
1 is in 3 purple items and the rest are green
2 are in greens with purple weapons.

also, 1 gladiator is getting a single achievement slot used (the cheap one)

Armory 5/6 (so 33% repair discount)
guards are 4/4
doctor 1/3
undertaker 2/2

I could upgrade my barracks and doctor further, but spending $80 just for 1 level on each is too rich for my taste.

I'd hate to know how the guys who havnt spent cash on any stable upgrades are faring :(

Dainoji
10-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Now that you can repair your equipment with trophies you should be able to save up a lot more gold. The game gives you 30 trophies per month, and that will easily cover a month's worth of repairs on one of your grape apes freeing up the saved gold to heal injuries or do whatever else you would like. If you don't enjoy micro-managing the finances of your stable and making certain sacrifices then those upgrades start to look a whole lot more attractive! ;)

Prinny
10-12-2011, 07:03 AM
I got all stable upgrades exept scribe and am also over 10k most of the time that is with paying for 5 gold achievement slots and all my equipment always is fully repaired so it does help a good amount xD

I have to say if you are not going to fully upgrade your doctor: don't do it at all than lol 20% chance to heal is to small for the amount you spend on a single upgrade Prinny Squad has doctor on level 1 and it doesn't work well at all xD

Dainoji
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I only have a level 2 doctor and find it to be very useful seeing as almost half the injuries I get are healed by him, so for me a level 1 doctor was worth it and level 2 doctor even more so.

jasta85
10-12-2011, 08:57 PM
well, found a semi way to ensure my guys dont get beat on too badly, set activity and rage to 10 when i'm not using them so they burn down their stamina super quick, most likely they'll run out of stam before they can take too many nasty hits (except my rage who apparently beat a couple guys to pulp as I did get a gold profit overnight lol).

Dainoji
10-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Sure I guess you could do that if you don't mind a racking up losses and dropping down in the rankings. Why not instead just figure out how to win. ;) Not sure how you made gold overnight though as the new change isn't live yet unless I'm missing something.

OogWasFles
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh how I would love to drench my gladiator's armour in the blood of all other gladiators!!