PDA

View Full Version : New Fight Format Game Update

Nate
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

As always, many thanks for all the good feedback negative and positive and I appreciate you taking the time to offer it. Due to technical reasons the old fight format had to be changed to the current format and can't be changed back to the daily scheduled fights of the past. We however have listened to your feedback and gone back to the drawing board to see what could be done to address the majority of your concerns. Please read below for details on the next update:

* All Arena Gates battles independent of who initiated the fight will affect the gladiator's record and rank.

* Serious Injuries, deaths and repairing equipment will no longer be taken care of by the Arena Doctors, Morticians and Blacksmiths, that will be the responsibility of each Master as before.

* Gold and Trophy rewards will be awarded to both gladiators for their efforts on the Arena Sands.

* Experience Points and Training Points will ONLY be awarded to the gladiator who used a Fight Token to initiate a battle.

* Fight Tokens will still be awarded every 12 hours as before.

Once this new update is ready to go live I will post another announcement.

Thanks for your patience and good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
little sad @ no training points or experience but still taking the repair/injury hit. I guess it stops people abusing multiple stable shennanigens...

at least we can earn some gold off it now to hopefully take care of repair bills :)

oedi
10-11-2011, 12:57 AM
im all for these changes, but I beg you not to rush this. Because this will open up for still more manipulation and exploits. If this time also, you know of possible exploits please make arrangements up front instead of after. Please take some time to stop the most obvious holes.
One thing i can think of right away is the possibillity to issue multiple challenges to your next tournament opponent with the intent to injure him right before the next fight. Is that intended or is that something you want to stop? and please no more gentlemans agreements.

Prinny
10-11-2011, 01:03 AM
As I read it that meass somebody with multiple glads around a gladiator can challenge him and try to deal some nice injuries right before the tourney fight giving himself a good advantage? XD
What's more if your gladiator gets killed before the tourney does this mean he loses by default? :P

Dainoji
10-11-2011, 01:06 AM
From the Blood Games rules:

Dead gladiators will automatically be resurrected before their fight at the Pit Master's expense.

Dainoji
10-11-2011, 01:18 AM
One thing i can think of right away is the possibillity to issue multiple challenges to your next tournament opponent with the intent to injure him right before the next fight.

As I read it that meass somebody with multiple glads around a gladiator can challenge him and try to deal some nice injuries right before the tourney fight giving himself a good advantage? XD

Buy a doctor, problem solved. Challenges are not 100% and dealing a serious injury isn't so easy so your scenario will be difficult to achieve at best. But hey, if you are sitting in the hot seat, you're going to get more of that pvp experience you begged for then you ever dreamed of! ;)

oedi
10-11-2011, 01:44 AM
my bad, see post below

oedi
10-11-2011, 01:46 AM
I just love your ability to never see a problem with anything Dainoji.
I didnt complain, i just want a ruling up front instead of after. I can deal with either way, i just want to know.

Buy a doctor, problem solved. Challenges are not 100% and dealing a serious injury isn't so easy so your scenario will be difficult to achieve at best. But hey, if you are sitting in the hot seat, you're going to get more of that pvp experience you begged for then you ever dreamed of! ;)

didnt i just say i liked the changes, I just asked Nate not to rush, and consider some issues the changes will involve.

Dainoji
10-11-2011, 02:10 AM
I just love your ability to never see a problem with anything Dainoji.

I see problems all the time, I just choose to deal with them differently and find ways to handle them. Instead of trying to have the system changed I try and work within the system I'm given. Most games are not as receptive to feedback as this one, so I've become very adept at working with what I'm given over the years. I never said you complained, I just said you're going to get a whole lot of what you asked for! Don't be so touchy Oedi, I still have love for you, it wasn't all lost with your Don King shenanigans! ;) More often than not things people think are problems really aren't they're just different than what a person is used to and they need to adjust to a new way of doing things.

You want to hear me talk about some problems? How about how the #1 gladiator has been theatrics for about 95% of this game's life or about how a war gladiator has never sat on the throne, or perhaps you would like to hear about how rage gladiators have almost become second class citizens in the end game after counterstrike changed to the tit for tat model? I could go on, but I don't want to tarnish my impeccable reputation for always seeing the good in any situation! :p

CaineDeSoulis
10-11-2011, 04:55 AM
When tank was nerfed War was out its major strategy that's the explanation in short of why its never been on top.

When the 7-13-2011 update went live.
The -20% attack speed had little effect on war, gave theatrics a boost in power and nerfed rage. Rage cant survive as long as the other classes and the less damage it can dish out quickly hurt.

Counterstrike, this need a Nerf badly. the top 5 gladiators with the exception of eruption use Counterstrike. and they're are more upcoming in the ranks. It has the defense of parry and match's whatever the opponent is throwing shot...for....shot. almost without fail. i'll even give you an example "Prey uses 2 gladius speed is 2.25 has an agi of 160 and a weight penalty of 8%...Oedi uses 2 Bastard swords speed is 1.15 has an agi of 130 and a weight penalty of 30%...gladius does 32-68 damage, Bastard sword does 68-117 damage." Prey uses Berserk and Oedi uses Counterstrike. Prey gets a boost to damage, attack speed and loses defense. Oedi since he's using Counterstrike his bastard swords now say speed 2.25. oedi's weight is now 8% and oedis agi is = to 160. PLUS he's using a "defensive" style Create Distance will trigger more often and parry's will happen more often. so with all that said prey is using 2.25 gladius's that do 32-68 damage with 160 agi an initiative boost and zero defense. Oedi is using 2.25 bastard swords that do 68-117 with 160 agi an initiative boost and a defensive boost with medium armor.

oedi
10-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Counterstrike, this need a Nerf badly.

This is of course a truth with some modifications, especially now after the new tournament. There is no doubt about that duel wielding rages does poorly against counterstrike, but thats half the gladiators from 1 speciality. With few exceptions ill choose another fighting style when i know my opponent is not a duel wielding rage.
Follow my fights and youll see that ive changed my strats quite a lot.

Mortay
10-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Okay i just got one question about these updates. im kinda new to the game and i dont have any money to pay for skulls or anything to get a doctor. ya sure i might hav to glads a rage and theat and they both might be beasts, one issue. if i sustain a serious injury and i cant afford a doctor how can i heal myself and how will this turn out with people that newly join the game? u would never be able to afford a doctor off the get go until u learn the game. im just a little concerned about that, can someone please help me with this?

Dainoji
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Injuries heal on their own so you never really need to worry about it and if you die they will all get healed when you rez, and you can always afford to rez. Injuries become more of an issue when you are in a highly competitive environment like the blood games or vying for the top spots but even then if you are smart with your gold you can save up and heal your gladiators with it, you might have to fight a few times with an injury, but that's part of the game. If you aren't going to run around in purple gear you should never have a problem affording the temple cost to heal your injuries anyhow, so don't worry about it. :)

Apoca1ypse
10-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I think I'd just be happy to see injury healing to be tweeked like when you rez your gladiator. if you cant afford the full cost, it just takes up all your remaining gold instead. sure, i'd stay poor, but atleast i wouldnt be a pile of broken bones 24/7

Mortay
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
the only problem with saving up gold is that i only hav my armoury upgraded once and need to upgrade again that means i wont have money to spend to heal my glads seeing my two glads r level 3 and 7. i dont really make enough gold to easily buy the upgrades. im only using basic weapons and armor. i really would like some tips to help me out on this seeing that im struggling to just make it at all.

Dirtymeat
10-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Mortay it takes time, and effort to earn gold, the more you battle your gladiators the more gold you will make as thay will gain experence over time.

As your level goes up so will your payday, it just takes time, just keep up your battles.

TwoDie
10-14-2011, 06:19 AM
At this point in the game its getting rather complicated more so then before. Even before you had to look at what was and wasn't good or bad in the sense of being overpowered underpowered on par with this or that ect..... Now I think we are straying away from a noob friendly game where the vets are just gonna conquer everything and then fight among themselves because they know the game by heart. Tbh we need to find a meduim here before there wasn't enough activity being put into the game until you've had 3 months into or more i mean at lvl 1-25 even up in the Juggernauts bracket (just for a test) i threw a under 70 stamina theatric with full meduim armor and dual wields on 3/3 slash went 117-25-3 (nothing other then that ONE strategy) but now i do like the fact that i cant do that so easily although i can pop a war glad with some 75+ stamina and sit on my arse up into the higher brackets and then actually do something with him. But i want the meduim here i dont want to be hangin on the computer for to watch a randomly generated (they are calculated but still mostly luck and rolls) fight ( the old way) but id rather not go 100-0 just by manipulating the new system D: Thoughts? I do however think the old way was much better bcoz if i fight u that means that you also fight me u suffer everything my glads could dish out now its just like fighting a bot with some armor and health cant really say OOOOOOOOOOOO i destroyed your glad u see that (go's looks at arena results) I mean killing some1 elses glad was one of the best things EVER and ur taking it away? Also with this update i assumed you mean that if my glads injures some1 elses glad they have to pay yet if they win they dont get the xp gold and or trophy they should deserve JUST because they didnt inaite the fight thats a tad bs.

So if i start fight kill u then your glad dies and mines gets all gold xp ect....
If i start fight injure u and then u turn and kill me u get nothign but a nice fat bill for those injuries

Eric
10-14-2011, 06:47 AM
At this point in the game its getting rather complicated more so then before. Even before you had to look at what was and wasn't good or bad in the sense of being overpowered underpowered on par with this or that ect..... Now I think we are straying away from a noob friendly game where the vets are just gonna conquer everything and then fight among themselves because they know the game by heart. Tbh we need to find a meduim here before there wasn't enough activity being put into the game until you've had 3 months into or more i mean at lvl 1-25 even up in the Juggernauts bracket (just for a test) i threw a under 70 stamina theatric with full meduim armor and dual wields on 3/3 slash went 117-25-3 (nothing other then that ONE strategy) but now i do like the fact that i cant do that so easily although i can pop a war glad with some 75+ stamina and sit on my arse up into the higher brackets and then actually do something with him. But i want the meduim here i dont want to be hangin on the computer for to watch a randomly generated (they are calculated but still mostly luck and rolls) fight ( the old way) but id rather not go 100-0 just by manipulating the new system D: Thoughts? I do however think the old way was much better bcoz if i fight u that means that you also fight me u suffer everything my glads could dish out now its just like fighting a bot with some armor and health cant really say OOOOOOOOOOOO i destroyed your glad u see that (go's looks at arena results) I mean killing some1 elses glad was one of the best things EVER and ur taking it away? Also with this update i assumed you mean that if my glads injures some1 elses glad they have to pay yet if they win they dont get the xp gold and or trophy they should deserve JUST because they didnt inaite the fight thats a tad bs.

So if i start fight kill u then your glad dies and mines gets all gold xp ect....
If i start fight injure u and then u turn and kill me u get nothign but a nice fat bill for those injuries

I think you may want to read this, and see that many of the things you are talking about were changed as of the latest update last night.

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?632-New-Fight-Format-Game-Update

TwoDie
10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Indeed i read it and am just putting my input from things of the past as a kind of "don't do that again" kinda of scenario and a little bit of input on future :3

Eric
10-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Indeed i read it and am just putting my input from things of the past as a kind of "don't do that again" kinda of scenario and a little bit of input on future :3

That works, and we appreciate your input. Trust me when I say that Nate and I hear you guys loud and clear on all issues, doesn't mean we are going to give you everything, but we do hear you, and appreciate the input.