PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we have our first Don King!

Dainoji
10-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Fight 1 — ORMGAR knocked FARUM into next week with a pounding victory.

I wonder...did Farum ask to go into the arena without any weapons? It's a sad day when the champ can't win a fight unless the opponent is unarmed. What's next? Will he start biting his opponent's ears next?

Shame on you Oedi, so much respect for you and your stable lost and down the toilet...

oedi
10-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Such are the decissions of a manager with more than 1 contender under his management. I can tell you right now that Narvalo will beat Oedi in tomorrows round. My other 2 matchups will play out normally. Novalar vs Nagman and Subjectseven vs bad Leroy.

Prinny
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
To be honest when given the choice even though it is pretty lame I would probably do the same

Nate
10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Master, master!

On my way back from the market I saw this piece of parchment posted near the arena:

"The Blood Games honor the gods and gladiators and their masters as such are guests in their Holy Sanctuary of Blood and compete at their request. Gladiators and or Masters found to not be giving it their all or resorting to the kinds of trickery one would expect from Jimmy the Squid will find there are consequences. The Blood Gods are greatly offended and insulted by such actions after opening the doors to their sacred grounds only to have them spat upon!"

Master, it bears the seal of the Arena Officials...

Team Kaos
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow...pretty weak Oedi. Tainted

CaineDeSoulis
10-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Well i have a really hard time seeing you enforce it. even with restriction of 1 gladiator per stable. there's many managers with multiple stables fighting in the blood games. kaos has 2 stables with 7 glads, crow controls 2 with 10 glads, oedi controls an impresive 5 stables with 9 glads throughout them. Thats 26 gladiators and 3 managers. we will use oedi as the example here. with 62 fighters in this tourney. and 9 of them being under your own control lets say 6 win. you have a 20% chance that your gladiators will be fighting each other. hell i beilieve oedi has *fought* himself 3 or 4 times now with even more happening day 7.

CaineDeSoulis
10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
^^^^^ hey Kaos is back :) cool ^^^^^

oedi
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
That is correct, in the Blood Games you have no friends!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
Ah so there are friends out there after all, in the highest places too.
First you tell me there are no friends in this tournament, and when i act upon this information you turn around and threaten me? So now im not allowed to chose strats and equipment for my own gladiators that i pay real money for to play? Please if you see a need to change the rules, do so in between tournaments.

CaineDeSoulis
10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
strategically it's the right decision oedi. Ormgar has a decent point advantage and you want to keep it that way. makes perfect sense and is fair according to the rules that have been set down. well now a Frago (fragemented order) has come down from up top (Nate). he basically said "what your doing oedi is EXPLOITING a glitch or error,system or game mechanic. and your doing it to provide an advantage to yourself." simple as that. previous to that post it was a legit *tho a bit underhanded* stratagy. now its exploitation. Read your TOS if you don't believe me. my advice to you is to fight all your fights hard and let the best gladiator win.

Nate
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Ah so there are friends out there after all, in the highest places too.
First you tell me there are no friends in this tournament, and when i act upon this information you turn around and threaten me? So now im not allowed to chose strats and equipment for my own gladiators that i pay real money for to play? Please if you see a need to change the rules, do so in between tournaments.

Hi Oedi,

This is nothing personal and has nothing to do with friend in high places. This sort of match manipulation was something I foresaw happening from the very start when the design called for allowing the next day's matchups to be seen, but I decided to not say anything until it happened hoping that it wouldn't. It's a simple matter of it not being in the spirit or vision of the Blood Games to have gladiators purposefully try and lose. I'm not telling anyone how to equip their gladiators or what strategies to choose, I'm simply saying there will be consequences if a player is found to be fixing fights. It's like getting caught speeding in your car by the police. You paid real money for your car and you can speed if you want to but that doesn't mean you can drive it however you want without consequences.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
10-10-2011, 06:02 PM
well, I dont blame oedi for it, but I guess now we have a solid "that's a no-no"

all my glads are 3-3-1-1 and now blarg (lvl 36) and kharn (lvl 47) are matched up. I'm looking forward to seeing some dumb hits, I'm just hoping that I dont get a swathe of injuries.... I'd laugh if Blarg won cos he's such a low level and doing way better than I expected :P

oedi
10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I will of course honer your ruleing, but what i im trying to achieve is an ingame boundery that will allow a player do whatever they like within that boundery. If we get to many of these gentelmans agreements im afraid youll be a full time referee soon. What i actually read from your post was: you can manage all your gladiators as you want, but if you tell anyone you let 1 of your gladiators loose i have to act upon that.
I chose to be open about it to create a discussion, instead of passing on some lame exscuse. I succeeded with the first part, i now hope you can make some code til next tourney that will take out such dilemmas. Im not into this game to play moral and ethics with the player community.

CaineDeSoulis
10-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Hey doesn't the gladiator oedi use a shield?

CaineDeSoulis
10-11-2011, 05:06 AM
hey if my gladiators fight would anyone be opposed to me taking both there weapons off? so like a fist only fight im hoping it would be prey v caine. that way i wouldent have to worry about azure's ko skill.

Apoca1ypse
10-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I'd like to see that :D

now I wish I'd done that....

Dirtymeat
10-12-2011, 02:57 AM
There should be a way to make shure a gladiator go into the arena with at least one weapon in his hands.

The problems is there is always someone looking for a loophole to win, and there is always someone trying to fix the system for their own benfit.

You have the best gladiator in the game thats good, if you got their with honor, and sportsmanship, but if you use underhanded tactics to become number one or to stay number one, shame on you !!!!

You pay to play gives you no excuse to cheat or use tactics that are not as the game was designed, no gladiator I know wants to go into the arena unarmed just to be beaten for his master.

Whats next, lash a arm behind the gladiators back so he cant attack or defend ?

Fight with honor !!!!