PDA

View Full Version : fight token

oedi
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Fight token the nightmare of nightmares:(. Fun and exciteting arena fights, challenges, avoids, giveing losses to your enemy, hunting down the undefeated, most interactions with the fellow manager has been reduced to tavern brawls, something you just need to do to get skill points and experience.:mad:
Its so many ways to manipulate and exploit this new system that i belive w/l records soon will have no meaning. Its been allowed for so long now to keep more than 1 stable, so takeing that privelige out now wont be possible. Whats to keep these stables from giveing wins to eachother, or just 2 friends passing wins. I think if i put my mind to it id never lose another fight.
Another aspect is that its no longer needed to keep a good allround strategy at hand, just keep the one your beating your preferred victim with. I know we asked a long time for other options, we got those with the new tournament format. Its almost like punishment; we gave you what you wanted in the tournament so were takeing all the fun out of the arena fights. In my eyes the arenafights are reduced to pve.
So ill beg you, on my knees and hands folded: give us back the original arena fights or atleast 1 of them.
Maybe something like this can be done arena fight in the morning, blood games in the evening and 1 token fight and pay to fight in between?

Prinny
10-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Besides the fact I can't challenge the gladiators from my other stable so i can't influence the results that way i fully agree that challenge/avoid and W/L is pretty useless now.

1 token a day sounds good to me since I am not bothered with winning/losing I just challenge my opponents for the tournament twice and see how well Laharl does against them. (Only the ones I know Laharl will have a tougher time against though xD)

CaineDeSoulis
10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
hey ive noticed that since cainedesoulis is higher rank for the moment

"The top 10 gladiators in the arena are so busy signing autographs and making public appearances they only have time to fight when they have a fight token."

this keep showing up in the arena gates page but ive seen Eruption issue 3 challenges who is also higher rank. and solstice fought 4 times who is also higher rank.

disregard i forgot about saving tokens up >.< darn new system

Prinny
10-07-2011, 01:45 PM
hey ive noticed that since cainedesoulis is higher rank for the moment

"The top 10 gladiators in the arena are so busy signing autographs and making public appearances they only have time to fight when they have a fight token."

this keep showing up in the arena gates page but ive seen Eruption issue 3 challenges who is also higher rank. and solstice fought 4 times who is also higher rank.

That is probably because they saved up their tokens and used them all at once some of my glads have 3 unused tokens aswell.

Since the maximum of tokens you can save up is 6 you don't have to use every token you get straight away ;)

Cynaidh
10-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I agree, the new system just seems off.

I don't understand the whole concept of your fights not effecting the other warrior. If one of my glad's injures someone then it should stay injured, same for kills. This whole system of them get auto fixed after the fight (injuries, being rezed, no armor damage) just makes the fights less meaning full, might as well just get rid of the ranks and just fight random computer made people each token, cause nothing you do now has an effect on other players. Whats even worse is going to arena results and seeing that you where challeneged or randomly selected to fight someone and read that you had a great fight and you killed your foe..... but this happened with their token so you dont get credit for that kill on your record. How does that make any sense at all???

If anything I think it would be better if all fights "counted" no matter who starts them, you should get a training point for every fight your in, every fight should mean something. The only change i see that would be needed would be an "auto-repair" / "auto-temple" option so that if a person saved up 5 tokens and challenged you 5 times in a row you would have the option to have your glad repair/heal at the temple between each fight to keep it fair.

Dainoji
10-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I actually like the changes for the most part, at first it was jarring and different, the arena battles felt a little hollow knowing the results wouldn't stick to the opponent, but after I thought about it the more it didn't bother me. The sort of pvp I was used to has just been moved into the blood games and been pumped up on steroids with prizes and the ability to know who I'll be fighting next allowing me a lot more flexibility with my strategies and letting me customize them to the gladiators I'll be fighting next. As such I don't find challenging and avoiding useless at all. I'm now able to challenge my next victim in the blood games and adjust strategies as needed. Avoiding is very useful because I can just put my opponent on avoid all day and reduce the chance he can "scout" me.

I think a good all around strategy is still crucial and vital and no different than before as you don't always know who you will be matched up against since challenges are not guaranteed and I still like to kick the other guys asses when I wasn't the initiator and actually read those fights as well because after all my gladiators are still my little pets! :) The way I see it the game has actually expanded and opened up lots of new doors while closing just a few. Now I need a good all around strategy for the arena, I need a list of customized ones for individual types of builds and possibly customized strategies for certain gladiators for the blood games. Pretty cool for me since I enjoy that sort of challenge.

Record didn't "mean" anything before as there was no prize awarded or your name put in lights, it was really just personal pride and as such nothing has changed with the new system. Your record will still reflect how your gladiator does in the arena against other gladiators managed by real people not the computer, it just doesn't reflect when he was an opponent and to be honest if it did your record would be about the same in regards to W/L ratio just with more fights because you are still being matched up with the same gladiators around you as when you initiate the battle. I still care about my record and a good record moves you up in the rankings so not sure why it doesn't matter anymore especially if you want to get an invite to the blood games and more so if you want your entrance fee waived. The other use I've been using challenges for is to move up the rankings because challenging higher ranked gladiators yields more points and I use the avoids to avoid the gladiator I know will give me the most trouble and possibly give me a loss and award less points slowing my upward movement to make the cut for the next blood games.

I've read some discussion on cheating if you have multiple teams. I thought about this for a bit and honestly, if you want to spend your day running multiple teams and trying to have them fight one another and then trying to have one of them throw a fight, then by all means go ahead and waste your time because in order for you to do this you would always have to have a gladiator you own at every step of the way on your climb through the rankings which is not going to be the case and challenges are not 100% which will ultimately not turn out how you thought it would. It is already fairly easy to have a awesome record in the lower ranks if you know what you are doing so the ROI just wouldn't be worth it since its easier to just play the game. Once you get into the latter brackets you would have to have so many gladiators up there for it to probably matter that I really don't see this as being a problem. To be honest where cheating could and might occur is in the blood games where you know who you are going to fight, I fully expect to see some Don King boxing type shenanigans at some point where a guy throws a fight because his friend or other guy needs the points more than him because the other guy is actually in the running but don't really see a way to stop that and again if it happens I don't see it happening so much as to ruin the experience.

I suppose a change that could be made to help make some people feel better would be to have the record reflect all fights, but something would still have to be done in regards to deaths, injuries and repairing equipment because if my guy fights 20 times in a day that is going to be an expensive bill, so the arena officials would still have to heal and rez and repair just like they do now unless you were also awarded the gold for those fights, but how happy are you going to be if you get a few injuries in some fight at four in the morning and then fight 20 times before you wake up and your gladiators were just destroyed in that streak because he was riddled with injuries or because the durability on his weapons dropped to zero? I can see why the new system is the way it is in that regard.

Personally there is more good than bad and I'm happy with the change. Great job with the update Nate, keep up the good work!

CaineDeSoulis
10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
in this instance I'm inclined to agree with Dain here on all points. i really like the new changes. as far as challenges go i rarely missed them before and i haven't missed any challenge yet with the new system. blood games is a great addition and i have really liked it so far. and it gives younger gladiators and stables an end goal of winning a tournament. ^_^. the arena is more or less a proving ground to earn the right to fight in the tournament and i like that. not to mention these tourney's may have different formats from time to time. (i hope i'm the first one to make that observation ^_^) Good job Nate and Eric

Dirtymeat
10-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I also miss the daily battles, but the tokens, and blood games are a nice idea. I have noticed the gods love blood, and carnage so I suggest to bring the fights back along with all the new battles, let the gladitors fight for blood, and the glory of the gods.

This will also help new managers like myself improve his stables, and gladitors for the benifit of the gods, and rain blood onto the arena.

Cynaidh
10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I can just agree to disagree, this is still a fun game and its great to see a game getting updates and having even more fun stuff coming up. It's just to me when i started playing this a couple of weeks ago the first thing that happened was my starting gladitator was killed on his first or 2nd battle, and man it was a motivator! He had killed my guy, I had to pay to rez him, and after i rezed him his stats where lowered. I wanted revenge! I sold that gladiator (well he did suck i'll say that) and took the advice I got from the several very helpful posts on these forums and got a team of 5 gladiators together in order to catch and avenge that loss. That potential for player to player interaction just seems to be gone now that with the token system no one really effects anyone elses gladiators (with this system if that fight would have happened with the other teams token i might have never even have read it).

Now instead of this you get this when your gladiator fights and kills someone:

BELGARAD spits on the pathetic remains of UTARIO!
The fight lasted 41 seconds!
* The Arena Mortician assists Utario's soul back from the Underworld without incident!

Unless the other guy reads the arena results and looks for fights he didn't start, he will never even know his guy died, now I can see how you can look at that and say its a good thing it was just a free fight for his glad, that he didnt have to pay for him to be rez'ed and non of his gear got smashed up, but at the same time it just seems you loose that spark that could start a good rivalry between teams.

And then i find these even worse:

CROSHNACK disarms the fallen gladiator and strikes a pose over the dead carcass!
The fight lasted 2 minutes & 25 seconds!

That glad (not one of mine just using him as an example) had a good fight there and killed the glad that he fought, but the glad/team doesnt get credit for the kill on their record cause it happened on someone else's token (heck do we even know if CROSHNACK gets the free trophie for killing someone? I would guess no since you dont get credit for the kill on your record). Anyways just my point of view, now I am motivated to get up to the bloodgames where their are fights with meaning as a long term goal (long way to go).

TwoDie
10-13-2011, 02:38 AM
I am sorry but i agree a little with both sides the changes are somewhat nice i mean there are times where i just cannot get to my accounts and heal my glads and or repair armor but with the new system i never have to fight injured :3 which is in my favor lovely! But i do like the fact that i could fight random people at anytime anywhere with any range of skill levels. Now i can save up 6 tokens get a good strat for the day and go 6-0 rampage and do it every 3 days. (you could do it everyday but more work) I do agree with odie in the fact you could take your other stables and challenge them and make them look good w-l wise. I'd like to see a combo of both still having BOTH arena fights at 2 and 2. Then more so id like to also have the tokens and fight in a different section of the arena. OR AT LEAST VERY LEAST give an option to automatically fight the second u get tokens <I personally LOVE this kind of a feature>

Eric
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I am sorry but i agree a little with both sides the changes are somewhat nice i mean there are times where i just cannot get to my accounts and heal my glads and or repair armor but with the new system i never have to fight injured :3 which is in my favor lovely! But i do like the fact that i could fight random people at anytime anywhere with any range of skill levels. Now i can save up 6 tokens get a good strat for the day and go 6-0 rampage and do it every 3 days. (you could do it everyday but more work) I do agree with odie in the fact you could take your other stables and challenge them and make them look good w-l wise. I'd like to see a combo of both still having BOTH arena fights at 2 and 2. Then more so id like to also have the tokens and fight in a different section of the arena. OR AT LEAST VERY LEAST give an option to automatically fight the second u get tokens <I personally LOVE this kind of a feature>

TwoDie,

I think you will be happy to see the tweaks we announced a couple days ago:

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?632-New-Fight-Format-Game-Update

Eric