PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Tournaments

CaineDeSoulis
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Anyone else think that the tournaments will be the new "scale" of a gladiators strength? that daily fights will become secondary to the Monthly "Blood Games". is there any more information on how these tournaments are going to work?. single elimination,number of participants or do we all participate until theres one left? kinda like a battle royale?...round robin,swiss,knockout? i for one am very exicted about the tourney's :)

TwoDie
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I am interested. Im hopping that these arent skill based were its a free for all and who ever has the most skill points / best strat wins. i hope we have some sort of brackets

Eric
10-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Patience is a virtue

oedi
10-03-2011, 01:03 AM
you must think of us as kids, if you tell us something is gonna happen we want it now. the concept of soon or next week just isnt good enough. so if its not ready dont tell us.

Nate
10-03-2011, 01:41 AM
http://forum.pitofwar.com/images/icons/icon12.png

you must think of us as kids, if you tell us something is gonna happen we want it now. the concept of soon or next week just isnt good enough. so if its not ready dont tell us.

Just don't start asking if we're there yet or I'll have to pull this car over and have a talking to you! :)

I won't say "soon" or "next week", I'll instead say a rider came into town last night and said he saw something heading this way...could be here any moment now!

CaineDeSoulis
10-03-2011, 01:48 AM
flavorful as always nate.

Dainoji
10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Anyone else think that the tournaments will be the new "scale" of a gladiators strength? that daily fights will become secondary to the Monthly "Blood Games". is there any more information on how these tournaments are going to work?. single elimination,number of participants or do we all participate until theres one left? kinda like a battle royale?...round robin,swiss,knockout? i for one am very exicted about the tourney's :)

Yeah, I was thinking that myself and would make sense following suit like many other games. There is the "game" and then there is the "end game" which is a total different beast assuming the tournaments are only open to top ranked gladiators! If it is open to everyone then it wouldn't really be as much of a litmus test anymore, just an additional cool thing to compete in. Guess we'll find out when that "something heading towards town" arrives! :)

Cynaidh
10-04-2011, 04:02 AM
And the Blood Games are here! Will be awhile till I can participate since its top 100 Glads only, but look forward to watching you all go at it, some nice prices for sure!

Only concern I have is, can anyone beat the top glads? If not wont they just win over and over since there is only 1 bracket, aka there will never be away to catch them since they can just re-invest the trophies they win and be even more unstoppable. (Of course I don't know if that's how the top is, I just read those fights but it does seem to normally be the same people winning) Of course it might be like the black market where the winners can't participate for a couple of Blood Games after the win, so that would spread it out also some.

Kinda just answered my own question by finding the Arena gates! Trophies for extra arena fights ever day gives a way to catch up I guess! 2 Trophies for first extra fight, 4 for 2nd....

Prinny
10-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Mhm had hoped the tournaments would have a way to obtain orange weapons but that's outof the question now xD
Makes me wonder when and how they will get in the game :P

Eric
10-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Mhm had hoped the tournaments would have a way to obtain orange weapons but that's outof the question now xD
Makes me wonder when and how they will get in the game :P

Tournaments will change monthly, as will the prizes. These items are incredibly rare though, so the arena officials are doing their best to procure the best items possible for tournament prizes. Once they are able to get their hands on these they may just find their way to the prize vault.

Nate
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
And the Blood Games are here! Will be awhile till I can participate since its top 100 Glads only, but look forward to watching you all go at it, some nice prices for sure!

Only concern I have is, can anyone beat the top glads? If not wont they just win over and over since there is only 1 bracket, aka there will never be away to catch them since they can just re-invest the trophies they win and be even more unstoppable. (Of course I don't know if that's how the top is, I just read those fights but it does seem to normally be the same people winning) Of course it might be like the black market where the winners can't participate for a couple of Blood Games after the win, so that would spread it out also some.

Kinda just answered my own question by finding the Arena gates! Trophies for extra arena fights ever day gives a way to catch up I guess! 2 Trophies for first extra fight, 4 for 2nd....

As the number of gladiators begin to swell the top, so will the number of gladiators invited to compete in the Blood Games. Also, as more and more gladiators reach the upper levels the playing field becomes much more level and with the Blood Games starting with a clean slate I think you'll find that the winners aren't the same gladiators month after month. However if the stable Master is quite skilled I would expect his gladiators to always be competitive.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-