PDA

View Full Version : Tanks

Team Kaos
09-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Having a handful of very young gladiators at the lower ladders I have come across a lot of tanks.
It is very surprising to see such a quantity of them littering the ladders. From Pit Fighters through Elites, there are a ton of them.

I find it pretty odd that there are so many simply since that the tanks just have not really been able to withstand the big hits of the top fighters, or the big weapons of Rages and Wars.

It's very interesting in how different the game is at the lower ladders then how it played at the upper end.

jasta85
09-21-2011, 09:19 PM
i guess that's bad for me as 2 of my 3 current glads are theatrics :(

how do theatrics get around tanks? it becomes a stam battle at that point, and I don't have the proper strategy to lower my activity and rage when meeting them. Then again, i'm so low level right now that there really isn't any specialization at this point, just lots of badly aimed hits at each other. had a fight yesterday where there was only actual damaging hit in the whole fight, took several minutes before one of us passed out, pretty sure the croud was pissed off by the end.

oedi
09-22-2011, 08:49 AM
yes the the lower brackets are almost a different game. I too run a few gladiators in the lower end, in a few still anonymous teams(yes i play this game way to much). If you plan to win in the early game you need high endurance. the tanks are possiple to take out even for the theatrics, you just need to play the triggers as soon as you get them. i usually disagree with most of the play tips given out, but one thing we all agree upon i think, and thats weapon skill. Its crucial for your initial succsess, dont stop until your at 7. i can see its tempting to play around with more skills when you get to 4 or 5, but that just dont cut it, especially when you encounter all these tanks.

ViktorDrozdetsky
09-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I used to run Tanks at lower levels just to test it out but after looking at the top it seems like Tanks will become extinct soon. It's so easy at lower levels, I still run one out of one of my stables because it's so so easy. He's a beginner glad and completely terrible but tanking with 1 activity and 2 blood lust he's making everyone pass out if the Enforcer doesn't kick his ass first, he's 42-10 lol. Easy money to help build my stable anyway. I like the idea oedi of going to 7 in weapons skills, I'll probably give that a go.

Team Kaos
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Indeed weapon skill is a must early on. I think it ok to go 6 and then start on another skill or 2, but getting to 8 is critical as soon as possible before really working other skills. It makes a world of difference, 6 and then get a couple quick secondary skills and then working weapon skill again to 8 or at very least 7.

Tanks work well at the lower levels because of the lack of weapon skill. But once they reach a bit higher where gladiators actually hit and hit hard they start losing more often. Either by a few really big hits or a lot of little ones and slowly bleed out by Theatrics.

We have not seen a true tank yet near the top...also I believe because they move very very slowly up the ladders compared to quick fight winners.