PDA

View Full Version : Any Updates on the horizon?

Team Kaos
09-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Haven't heard any news in a while. Any tidbits to share or time frames to get us all excited about?

Nate
09-16-2011, 02:54 PM
There are so many things on the horizon it's knocked the earth off its axis a bit and threatens to block out the sun! While you all have been making it rain blood, I've been furiously creating and tending numerous irons in the fire! I won't give away all the surprises, but here is a little something to wet your appetite:

- Monthly Tournaments with big, big prizes and known matchups ahead of time allowing you to tailor your strategy and gear to your opponent.

- Female Gladiators

- A new gladiatorial school know as "Shadow & Myst" with three new specialties.

- All new amazing art to accompany the above features

- ...And many, many more things that I'll announce later! ;)

Good luck in the pit!

-Nate-

Casper
09-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Got any sort of timelines for any of the above? :)

Nate
09-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Very, very soon for some of them. ;)

jasta85
09-29-2011, 02:58 AM
wow, that's some big stuff, hmm, which of my glads am I going to sell off for a fresh new female shadow and myst glad (have no idea of that is a good combo but it sounds sexy).

Prinny
09-29-2011, 04:39 AM
I know ill be stubborn like always and not change a thing about strategy/equipment with tournaments xD

CaineDeSoulis
09-29-2011, 05:14 PM
theres prolly an update in 5 mins

(check's who's online...see's...Nate+.....see he's creating a thread in annoucements ^_^)

Eric
09-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Ask and you shall receive!

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?601-***-Game-Updates-and-Announcements-***

Team Kaos
09-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Eric
The Underlord

No introduction?

Eric
09-29-2011, 07:58 PM
No introduction?

Patience Grasshoppa!

jasta85
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
don't suppose we could be seeing additional gladiator slots open up for a school now that there will be 6 specialties, will only be able to have 5 at most, and I would prefer to stick with just one school in case I wan't to buy more trophies in the future, wouldn't even mind paying trophies for 6th slot.

Cynaidh
09-30-2011, 03:37 AM
The updates sound great! Invites to the tourney..... hope that doesn't mean it will only be for the highest level warriors, us lower level manager would love to have a tourney in our bracket ranges. That was one of the things that I loved about Duelmasters (I know showing my age here) their tourney format was insane, you'd get a warrior to the top of his bracket and then not play him for half a year just to have a chance to TC for the prices they offered. Or save that perfect roll up for the 0 fight warriors bracket just to unleash your guy with multiple skill learns on them. What type of prices are we looking at for winning here? I know the normal gear, gold and trophies but what about some stuff like:

Potion of size increase (+5 to size)
Potion of size decrease (-5 to size)
Scroll of learning (+1 to any skill, max of 10)
Potion of stat swap (swap any two stats)
Potion of stat increase (+2 to any stat, no max)

Stuff that would really get managers blood flowing and get some serious competition going.

Prinny
09-30-2011, 05:03 AM
Im in favor of a 6th glad slot for the new classes but the potions don't sound like a good idea to me lol rly who in their right mind would use a decrease size potion? the only reason why i would use 1 would be to screw everybody over wiht a size 1 glad XD

In the long term those potions could make a glad overpowered just think about it what if a manager won multiple +size potions and use them on his glad? i don't favor fighting a 130 size monster xD

CaineDeSoulis
10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
its early october is the update out yet? :)