PDA

View Full Version : Theatrics Rage hybrids

Team Kaos
09-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Seems Oedi has found a little niche in creating Theatrics gladiators. Theatrics style with the power characteristics of a Rage.

I'm sure the copycats will soon be littering the lower ladders very shortly.

oedi
09-13-2011, 12:25 AM
and here you can read about how to do it.
http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?332-How-i-build-my-theatrics

Team Kaos
09-13-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm sure the copycats will soon be littering the lower ladders very shortly.

and here you can read about how to do it.
http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...d-my-theatrics

my point exactly

Apoca1ypse
09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
you make it sound like a bad thing

Team Kaos
09-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Geez, sorry I even mentioned it. Just trying to get a little conversation going.

crow
09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree with what your saying Kaos, there is probably several newbies just starting out looking at the guy at the top and emulating his builds. I believe that is a good way to start out, but on these new managers future glads, once they get the hang of it, would be better off finding their own builds and then build a strategy around that. In copying someone else build, it is harder to understand what you a trying to do with the gladiator. Hence strategies might be harder to figure out, because it might be a more defensive build and they want to run an offensive warrior...ect.

Apoca1ypse
09-14-2011, 01:40 AM
the big issue is how the metagame will shift by the time they reach the business end of the ladder. there's no quick and easy way to rebuild your gladiator short of throwing down some serious coin

Prinny
09-14-2011, 04:14 AM
the big issue is how the metagame will shift by the time they reach the business end of the ladder. there's no quick and easy way to rebuild your gladiator short of throwing down some serious coin

I don't fully agree ive been rebuilding some of Laharl's skills and you can do this with ease by unlearning 1 skill and learning him the new 1 it took me 3-4 days to get his feint skill from level 8 to 9.
Considering you can still get 1 jewel a day in exchange of gold and unlearnign skills isn't that expensive by doing it little by little you can do this fully free of charge.

It might not be as quik and easy as paying for the skill but it can still be done fairly fast and free of charge.

Since First Solstice was on the throne and than followed by Ormgar i think there is a big amount of Theatrics running around anyway no doubt being based on the both of them.

Arkham
09-14-2011, 06:17 AM
I don't fully agree ive been rebuilding some of Laharl's skills and ...

I thought Laharl was part of some Government bail out program. Re kitting a gladiator still takes months. I must admit I started a Theatrics to see what all the noise was about, and my first non weapon skill was rage. I still suffer from 'the theatrics tree sucks' - phobia. Too many skills that don't provide improved combat. I don't care about killing or pleasing the crowd. I certainly don't want to attack slower. The rage tree is so much more 'hurt the enemy more'!

Dainoji
09-14-2011, 11:50 AM
It doesn't really matter if a lot of copycats show up, it just means a counter will be discovered that much sooner! :)