PDA

View Full Version : Armory vs. Vault

Dogness
12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
If I unequip some items, they go into the armory.
If I unequip other items, they go into the vault.

I don't really understand the difference between the two and what goes where.

Can anyone help clue me in?

Thanks.

GorbagGutripper
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Any item that is grey is from the armory..and has unlimited durability. Otherwise it will be white-green-blue-purple etc...these have to go in the vault...so if you see it has a durability # then it goes into the vault if not being used.

Jaradakar
12-22-2010, 04:02 PM
I had the same problem, it's not very clear the distinction between the two. It's also lame that the Armory shows a bunch of empty slots, which looks like you can obviously store weapons in, but for some reason can't use (I really think it should not show any empty slots or they should be greyed or X'ed out).

The fact that it's so expensive to store any items due to the cost of vault slots feels pretty lame to me. I really wish you started with a vault slot of 2-3 and imo you should gain 1-2 slots per purchase. As it is now you basically should never save anything and just make sure you either equip it or sell it (but that's pretty limiting, what's the fun in that?).

GorbagGutripper
12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
The armory slots are for the weapons you gain as you increase the level.....pretty sure Nate left some empty for when he brings in new weapons to the game. Right now there is only one type of heavy armor, etc..so sure as the game progresses more will appear there. As for the vault, yes it stinks only having one spot, so convert gold into trophies each day, or fork over a little cash or do some of the free offers for trophies. Yes, paying people will have an advantage in this game, but the creators need to make money. So when you play a game for free online that has benefits for those who pay, you shouldnt expect that the game will cater to those who play for free.

Also, the armory equipment doesnt wear and tear like the other equipment you can find or purchase. It is not a repository for storing weapons and armor....just shows you what you can equip your gladiator(s) with depending on the level you have built it up to. As for the weapons you get doing missions at the tavern, sell most of em so you can upgrade you stable.

Nate
12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Armoury
* Simply put your armoury represents the items your stable can produce on its own.
* Armoury items never need to be repaired and are always available to you.
* You have an unlimited amount of any item in your armoury.
* All armoury items are considered gray in regards to their quality.

Vault
* The vault represents the storage space you have to store items you have acquired.
* Any item you find or buy will be placed in your vault.
* The more slots you have the more items you can store. Upgrading your vault is not required to play or compete.

When unequipping an item if it is an armoury item it just goes back into your armoury. When you unequip an item you found or purchased it will go into your vault.

For those who would like the ability to store more items but don't have the entertainment budget to purchase trophies, you'll be pleased to know you have the ability to save up the trophies you find in the game, convert the gold you find in the game into trophies each day and complete free offers via TrialPay which can be found at the bank. Between those options you can save up and expand your vault.

Hope that helps clarify things for you. :)

Apoca1ypse
12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
is there much to be gained from the lvl 4 armory?

i noticed the repair reduction, but saw no other changes to my inventory...

Blackwill
12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I saw no immediate advantage to acquiring a Level 4 armoury. In the future, however, as items are added to the game, this may change.

Dainoji
12-26-2010, 03:24 PM
is there much to be gained from the lvl 4 armory?

Yeah, you get a 7% reduction on repairing your equipment and another step closer to a further reduction. That alone will become very handy as repair costs increase.

Blackwill
12-27-2010, 05:04 PM
That reduction doesn't justify the expense of the armory upgrade, unfortunately. It's fairly cheap to repair the weapons without the reduction. I'm hoping that the level 4 upgrade will allow for better weapons and armor once the game gets rolling, and new stuff is added.