PDA

View Full Version : Low level activity setting

Malfeasor
09-05-2011, 12:22 AM
I am wondering if anyone can shed a little light on this for me:

I have recently started playing this game, and have found that at lower levels (which is all I have seen so far), my rage gladiators run out of steam pretty quickly, without hitting often enough to compensate for it with damage output.

Is this normal? At the moment I have activity and bloodlust set on 5, and down to 4 once I get a bit tired. At what level of weapon skill should I think about raising the activity? Any input as to how other people set up their rage fight strategies would be appreciated.

CaineDeSoulis
09-05-2011, 02:47 AM
i'd just adjust accordingly 3-4 sounds about right if your weapon skills are low i'd bump it at 5,7,9 and finally 10

Apoca1ypse
09-05-2011, 08:47 AM
i ran bash 3 activity 3 bloodlust with 2H rage till lvl 15. works a treat

Malfeasor
09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
My dual-wield rage glad is on 5,5, and when he gets a bit tired 4,4, and has a record of 10-1-0 so not doing too badly. I might just lower those by a point each though after reading your comments.
Thanks.

Rokai
04-24-2012, 12:10 AM
this fight strategy is STRESS out of my ass.
i have switch my activity level to 8-9 and blood lust 5-6 still the opponent attack more than i do
i have adjust it so may times, between activity level and blood lust, nothing has change opponent always attack more than i do. even with the opponent with the lower stat than me. they always attack more and more and more and even more more and more than i do. i have no idea about this game anymore, my gladiator level is 50 now and weapon skill is 10.

Prinny
04-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Rokai, it depends on your race, speciality and weapon aswell~
If we know those we might be able to helo you out or tell you the problem~

Dainoji
04-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Rokai, what glad are you talking about what is his or her specialty? The more information you give us the better we can help. For starters, if you aren't Rage you aren't going to ever out attack a Rage gladiator unless you are Theatrics going counterstrike and even then they'll usually out attack you. For pure number of attacks your activity level coupled with your fighting style are the big factors. Blood lust might have a role in there but I've found it to be more about damage and accuracy. Your encumbrance probably factors in as well so if you are weighed down that could slow you down. Your weapon is a big one as well, are you using a bigger slower weapon then others? Skill effects and other crit effects slow you down as well like Hamstring, or being prone on the ground will reduce your attacks.

Rokai
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
i got 2 gladiator
war and rage
my war gladiator using flamberge (both hand) fighting style slash
my rage gladiator using urken war chain (both hand) fighting style bash and berserk

i have switch my activity down to 4-5, and it fight better, coz when the activity is set above 5 my gladiator hardly touch the opponent (in fact i have smashed a lot at Perfect KO). and it doesn't make sense at all...

oedi
04-27-2012, 01:22 AM
War gladiators i usually start all the way down at 1 activity and blood lust, while my new rage gladiators usually start at 3 activity and blod lust. But my new theatrics with 75 or more in int, agi, stam and pre ive run with activity 10 from fight 1, which has worked perfect for her. What im trying to say is that to these questions there is no single correct answer. You MUST try out different things to find what your gladiator favors.
But as a general rule id say go like this for your newbie gladiators:
war 1 activity, rage 3 activity, and theatrics 5 activity.

Stablemaster Silverheart
10-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I started with a 3/10 setting and it worked like a charm for a 2-h rage. The thing is if you're going to use 2-h weapons then in my opinion you shouldn't treat the heavy weapon as if it was a dagger. You won't hit often so put that activity down (i never go above a 4) and put that bloodlust really high (i never go below an 8)

im currently using the following strategies:

Start/standby 3/10 Head Head
Im moderatly tired 2/8 head head
opponent is on the ground 1/10 head head
(not sure if it matters but at the moment my rage glad is armed with a 2-h sword)
Works really good...yes some of the faster glads have an edge (due to bleeding,rarely because of high dmg) but IF i hit then usually the fight is over and I win

ithylight
10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
I always start my 2h rage glads with 10/10 (except if I'm a trug) Seems thats a pretty good strategy for most of the 2h rage glads till level 9 weapon skill.