PDA

View Full Version : Polearm and shield?

ViktorDrozdetsky
08-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I think it would interesting, give a decrease maybe to the damage that the polearm can do whilst used with a shield and PRESTO, you're badass. Any thoughts?

Dainoji
08-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Theatrics gladiators can already kind of do this with a trident and shield. It wouldn't make sense at all with a proper pole arm since those things are rather long and heavy and trying to wield it with one hand would be near impossible.

ViktorDrozdetsky
08-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Ah, right right. Relatively new to this game so I forgot about Theatrics. But historically things like this have happened, maybe not with every polearm imaginable but with lighter versions. Just a thought. :P

Limpy
08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Ah, right right. Relatively new to this game so I forgot about Theatrics. But historically things like this have happened, maybe not with every polearm imaginable but with lighter versions. Just a thought. :P

I think you may be thinking more of a spear and shield.

ViktorDrozdetsky
08-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I think you may be thinking more of a spear and shield.

Not necessarily. Swiss mercenaries used pikes and other assorted polearms with shields, albeit occasionally smaller shields, but they did. Same thing with the Greeks with their phalanx formation.

Prinny
08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Good luck with your Polearm/shield combinating lol considering they use two different fighting styles and you can only select 1 ;)
Though i gotta say a one handed spear in the polearms section might make things funny to watch :P