PDA

View Full Version : Ormgar

CaineDeSoulis
08-24-2011, 01:19 PM
wow in the past 2 weeks Ormgar has really stepped up and is taking the top 5 by storm

oedi
08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Ive actually been there before(june i think), but my old strat went obselete. Some new weapons, rebuilding some skills, and a new strat has been working real well for me. Doing a lot of black market fights has helped me a great deal with finding a balanced strat that work well against most opponents.

Dainoji
08-28-2011, 01:08 AM
The move to bastard swords have no doubt helped you. I think many are finding that their little quick weapons will help them a lot against light and medium armored foes, but it is tough to crack through the heavy armor, but then again I still see Prey and Solstice doing alright with their gladius. I guess we'll find out soon enough if Ormgar is destined to be #1 with his new and improved look! This time with 100% more cowbell! ;)

oedi
08-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I had check up on the more cowbell refrence. fun stuff. Solstice has btw moved up 1 weight class in sword, but its still not enough cowbell in his tune.

Juzzo
08-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Needs more cowbell!

Dainoji
08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Looks like our current champ has defended the throne in impressive fashion thus far! Can our intrepid champion keep it up? Will an angry mob of glory seeking gladiators cut his reign short? Tune in tonight to discover the answer to these thrilling questions!

Team Ziggler
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
it would seem to me that ormgar has a fever... and the only cure.... is more .... cowbell.

Team Kaos
09-03-2011, 03:13 PM
R O U N D 1
>> SOLSTICE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
>> ORMGAR SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
SOLSTICE tries to kill his opponent.

SOLSTICE looks to disarm ORMGAR with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Disarm-)
ORMGAR curses as the attack knocks his weapon to the ground!
The Enforcer quickly throws ORMGAR a BASTARD SWORD from off the arena wall!

I remember someone insisting that Solstice had lucky clovers stuffed up his ass.....perhaps the clovers are inserted upon sitting on the champions throne.

I'm just still just a bit at a loss of how Orgmar seems to swing more often then Solstice per round so consistently with the same weapon and less agility.

I can feel it coming though....Solstice shall be champion again soon enough...I can see it in his eyes.

Lord Aeneus
09-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Just remember... at yalls level of competition, the top 5 or 10 glads can beat anyone on any given day! Gratz to solstice on his 400th win though!!

CaineDeSoulis
09-03-2011, 04:37 PM
yea getting your purple bastard sword replaced by a grey bastard sword is lucky. lucky for solstice.

Team Kaos
09-03-2011, 06:23 PM
yea getting your purple bastard sword replaced by a grey bastard sword is lucky. lucky for solstice.

I would say getting the weapon of your skill is pretty lucky....to say picking up a battle axe or mace or any other non skilled weapon that could be around....let lone picking up a weapon of any sort immediatley after dropping your weapon.

Of course losing your weapon sucks...but using a weapon that you are not skilled in is worse then going at it barehanded at times...and most of the time you end up dropping it soon after due to the lack of skill.
Being able to pick up a weapon that you are skilled in loses some damage power but your ability to use it is all the same.

oedi
09-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Last time i spoke to you, you where complaining that solstice never used disarm early in the fights. so this must be a step in the right direction, disarm as the very first thing that happens. An of course I couldve been more unlucky, but that got me scared enough. But good for me that i still do more damage and bleed than you after tweaking my stats.

Dainoji
09-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Looks like our champion has a fatal flaw in his new design...he can't handle War gladiators! First Alpha II and now Eruption back to back! Tsk, tsk Ormgar, better plug that hole soon! Hey War gladiators, here is your chance to claim the throne since I can't remember when!

What puzzles me is why Alpha II would go and challenge Prey after kicking your ass instead of laying the smack down again...possible back room deals? Using coin to avoid certain defeat? Not very champion like! ;)

oedi
09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
yea that doesnt look good, its hard to cover all possibilities. Maybe i should challenge TL again for some easy wins, just kidding im challenging prey this time. And if im still on top ill go for #2 after that. I actually challenged Eruption this time so i was a bit surprised to see it was a random match.

CaineDeSoulis
09-04-2011, 03:48 PM
challenge accepted

oedi
09-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Hope i cleaned up some wounds with that kill on prey, caine.
Looks like im not totally defenseless against those gladiators wielding monster weapons. Took out Eruption today after getting challenged.

Team Kaos
09-06-2011, 09:02 AM
When someone figures out how to beat all build types most of the time with one gladiator..that will be the day when we all will be looking up.