PDA

View Full Version : Anti Hamstring

Team Kaos
08-24-2011, 05:03 AM
So what's today's reasoning of how a Rage is capable of swinging 3 additional times after being hamstrung for 34% and is swinging with a 1.5 weapon?

Are Rage's now capable of 11 swings per round with a slow 1.5 hammer.

ETERNAL swings his SNIVLISH WARHAMMER in a strong arc.
ETERNAL
LORDS FURY
946/946
1132/1174
73/74
95/95

ETERNAL looks to seriously damage LORDS FURY's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
Well placed shot to the arm slightly mangles the meat! (+42 Damage)

>> LORDS FURY SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2
ETERNAL dances and hops around the arena.
ETERNAL swings his MASTERWORK CLUB with deadly force.
ETERNAL
LORDS FURY
946/946
939/1174
71/74
94/95

Deft strike to the abdomen destroys several useful organs! (+193 Damage)

LORDS FURY uses his EPIC HALBERD to execute a deadly smashing attack.
ETERNAL
LORDS FURY
630/946
939/1174
69/74
93/95

LORDS FURY looks to hamstring ETERNAL! (-Hamstring-)
Internal organs are mashed by the beastly shot! (+316 Damage)
ETERNAL has minor cuts and bruises on his body!

ETERNAL darts frantically back and forth.
ETERNAL lashes out with his SNIVLISH WARHAMMER, but his attack is poorly timed.
ETERNAL
LORDS FURY
630/946
939/1174
67/74
92/95
Number of Attacks
34%

LORDS FURY's armour protects him from the attack!

ETERNAL moves furiously trying to gain the advantage.
ETERNAL uses his MASTERWORK CLUB to brutally crush LORDS FURY.
ETERNAL
LORDS FURY
630/946
840/1174
65/74
92/95
Number of Attacks
34%

The blow to LORDS FURY's side lands with monstrous force! (+99 Damage)
LORDS FURY has minor cuts and bruises on his body!

ETERNAL dances and skips around LORDS FURY.
ETERNAL overruns LORDS FURY and looks to wound him.
ETERNAL
LORDS FURY
630/946
840/1174
63/74
91/95
Number of Attacks
34%

LORDS FURY's armour protects him from the attack!

crow
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
I did not look at the fight, but from past fights. I have noticed that when hamstringing, if it is done early in the fight, while the opponent (especially Rage) has most of his stamina, they will still attack at ALMOST the same rate. The only exception is when dealing a level 10 hamstring 75%. If the hamstring is dealt a little later in the fight when they burned up alot of there energy, then it works great. The less stamina the glad has, the less they attack..but remember they still do attack, just not as much. The glad is trying to conserve his energy.

With Last stand it boosts there attack initiative almost off the charts so it can negate some of the hamstring. Level 10 hamstring will usually only let them attack 1-2 times before my guys (Eruption) get to fire back...while Last standing.

Team Kaos
08-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I have noticed that when hamstringing, if it is done early in the fight, while the opponent (especially Rage) has most of his stamina, they will still attack at ALMOST the same rate.

That seems kinda useless if true, but it seems to work pretty good on War's and Theatrics....Hamstring sure does it's job against those styles at 25% or 75%. Rage just seem to play by other rules.....and the above example their was no Last Stand activated.

Arkham
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I still got mashed into oblivion by that +8 level grape ape. Anyways, Eternal had a good deal more agi and 2 faster weapons. No doubt that is the cause of the speed.

CaineDeSoulis
08-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Yea when my rage get hamstring they generally don't throw nearly as much i don't know who your fighting to counteract that lol

Dainoji
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I did not look at the fight, but from past fights. I have noticed that when hamstringing, if it is done early in the fight, while the opponent (especially Rage) has most of his stamina, they will still attack at ALMOST the same rate. The only exception is when dealing a level 10 hamstring 75%. If the hamstring is dealt a little later in the fight when they burned up alot of there energy, then it works great. The less stamina the glad has, the less they attack..but remember they still do attack, just not as much. The glad is trying to conserve his energy.

With Last stand it boosts there attack initiative almost off the charts so it can negate some of the hamstring. Level 10 hamstring will usually only let them attack 1-2 times before my guys (Eruption) get to fire back...while Last standing.

I want whatever performance enhancing drugs your guys are taking! ;) If Thunder Lips gets hamstrung his attacks drop drastically regardless if it is the beginning or end of the fight, and I never, I repeat NEVER see an insane boost to initiative. Rage gladiators already attack often, so to get two attacks in a row is normal (last stand and then an attack)...I do however love all the fairytales and misinformation circulating on these boards regarding its power! One day I hope it actually works for Thunder Lips as well as it is rumored to!

Dainoji
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
That seems kinda useless if true, but it seems to work pretty good on War's and Theatrics....Hamstring sure does it's job against those styles at 25% or 75%. Rage just seem to play by other rules.....and the above example their was no Last Stand activated.

Yes, there is a big conspiracy in the Great Realm. Dark wizards have been brought in to suppress War and Theatrics gladiators so Rage gladiators can dominate the arena, and wow is it ever working! The arena champion is Rage, all the top 10 spots are filled with Rage gladiators and Last Stand is winning all their fight for them, and...oh wait.... ;)

CaineDeSoulis
08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
yea i know right. rage are the best hands down. nothing else is even competitive

Team Kaos
08-24-2011, 05:57 PM
All I asked was for an explanation..that's all. So far none have been able to explain...

CaineDeSoulis
08-24-2011, 06:19 PM
see Crows post above

Team Kaos
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
So Hamstring works only on a tired gladiator? I'm gonna say no to that....

Example....

SOLSTICE closes on ERUPTION and looks to lance his adversary.
SOLSTICE
ERUPTION
1304/1304
1199/1353
92/93
91/92

SOLSTICE's BLOODSIDIAN GLADIUS connects with ERUPTION's back creating mighty wounds! (+154 Damage)
• Can Not Defend: 1 round
• Bleeding: 23 health per round

Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!
>> SOLSTICE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3

ERUPTION springs hurriedly back and forth.
ERUPTION overruns SOLSTICE and seeks to maul him.
SOLSTICE
ERUPTION
1183/1304
1183/1304
1199/1353
1199/1353
91/93
91/93
90/92
90/92
Bleeding

ERUPTION looks to hamstring SOLSTICE! (-Hamstring-)
ERUPTION's EPIC BATTLE FLAIL connects with SOLSTICE's bicep inflicting freakish damage! (+121 Damage)
• Attack Power: -5 (2 rounds)

R O U N D 2

Solstice got a whopping 1 attack in and none after Eruption dropped a hamstring. Mind you this was round one, Solstice at full endurance....so Crow's explanation is shot off the bat.
So who's bullshitting who here....why does it work here and not at all in the other fight?

CaineDeSoulis
08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
to many variables decide anything