PDA

View Full Version : Kill Question

Horned Eye
08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Perhaps some of the more experienced players can fill me in on what I may be doing wrong.

Lately several of the Black Market fights have been kill oriented. Most fights that I've been winning with my better gladiator, Scratillus, have ended with a near kill. I've played around with the blood lust and other factors to attempt to get kills. Neither the low health option or the opponent is trying to give up have done it. Is a spear simply not a weapon that draws kills or am I simply daft? One question that would be good to know is, what is necessary to accomplish for a kill, perhaps what amount of overkill does one need or what amount of bloodlust overcomes presence? Simply more ideas *shrug*

Lord Aeneus
08-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Ehhh I'm may be wrong.. But from what I've seen, your chances of getting a kill depends on how much health your opponent has and how much overkill damage you do I guess... For example if your opponent has 45 health and you do 60 damage for the winning shot your most likely not gonna kill him. But if you hit him for 250 damage there's a much higher chance for a kill! At least that's my theory..

Juzzo
08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Im of a mind that there is some random chance of the enforcer letting you get a kill, which probably rises as you raise in ranks and snag skills that say they help with it.

I have a rage glad that has hit guys with 0-10 hp for 500+ HP and still doesn't get a kill.

Maybe one of those Pit-lord training stable-masters will chime in here.

Team Kaos
08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
It's really just a roll factor that includes each gladiator's Presence attributes as well as factors of -- how much endurance a gladiator has remaining, blood lust for both fighters.

I have not seen any specific weapons kill more often then others nor does style either. Each style seems to get its fair share of kills.

Damage over remaining health really does not play a part in kill frequency

Lord Aeneus
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Juzzo may be right on this one.. But the only times ive gotten kills is when I've hit for over 250 when they had just about no health at all!

Team Ziggler
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
presence factors in as well as blood lust with the gladiator. i have gotten kills on mediocre shots. i used to think it had to do with health remaining and damage dealt, but remember, everything in this game is a dice roll of sorts. if your dude has low presence, there is less of a chance, but i imagine hit location, stamina left, health left, strength, and blood lust alter the percentage. im sure there are other things ive left out, but there is no perfect formula for kills.

Prinny
08-24-2011, 01:00 AM
All those stats/factors probably add up and are compared to yours which than creates the percentages of succes for the roll considering that even with 70% i frequently see fail rolls in the game u just need to be lucky or have a great amount of stats/factors over him.
I also see more kills happening with a higher activity level and when your opponent is a rage