PDA

View Full Version : The End is Near

Team Kaos
08-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Well, I will officially call the reign of Solstice over.

When it comes to a point when a weapon cannot penetrate armor when a gladiator is almost at 100 strength and nearly 90 attack power it's a sign.
When a gladiator is head and shoulders above his opponent in agility and defense and cannot effectively dodge or ease the blow landed from being critical it is a major sign (5 swings 4 criticals vs Eruption) ..its not to soon to call it game over for Solstice.

When 165-180 agility + defensive buffs around 60-80 are nowhere near enough to dodge an opponent at this level....it's over.

So being that I will not rebuild Solstice to keep with the changes of the gameplay....learn from the fall of the games mightiest Champion....of how NOT to build a Champion gladiator.

Dainoji
08-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh, don't be so dramatic! Well, Solstice is Theatrics so guess it's only natural! ;)

I'm not sure I would expect to be getting massive defensive bonuses from agility if you aren't using a defensive style. In all my fights with Solstice he was going Lunge or Slash I'm guessing, I never picked up him using a defensive style. I know with Chuck Norris when I use Parry-Lunge or Parry-Slash I get hit a lot less and less hard than when I'm using an offensive style and all other things are equal (gear and attributes).

Oh, and REAL champions get up off the ground after taking a licking and get back into the arena and prove why they are the champ! Just sayin'...because, I dunno, you almost sound like a quitter... :p

I'll send over some ale and whores to cheer you up!

Team Kaos
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Quit!! Never...but reality is reality. As we have seen, the game goes through phases and changes, some gladiators can adapt some cannot. Solstice was built to this point based on what was successful...but it is very much a new game when he cannot rely on his weapons to win a match.

I just saying what is being seen on a more frequent occurrence, he cannot break heavy armor without dramatically changing his gear and build. If that is how it will go from here on so be it. Solstice may fall, but be sure Team Kaos will always be near to keep you on your toes.

oedi
08-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Its pretty much the same thing ive experienced with my guys. You cannot win consistently as a pure offensive theatrics any more(at the present end game that is). So ive been equipping heavier armor bigger weapons, and useing more defensive fighting styles. Ive also moved from agility to strength as main stat. Ive done something that might be to late for your guys, im heavy into other skill trees. Most in rage, some in war, and only Oedi might me called a pure theatric.

CaineDeSoulis
08-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Prey has been having problems getting through the heavier armor as well