PDA

View Full Version : SOOooo....

kvothe
08-09-2011, 09:26 AM
After you've done your 5 missions in the tavern, there's no way to earn experience and gold unless you purchase trophies or somehow get ranked in the top 3 in the arena right?

Sooooo... basically this game offers no way of playing for more than 10 minutes at a time unless you pay?

Aaand unless you purchase trophies, you'll be leveling up slower than a snail, considering that you can only do 5 missions free?

Is that what this game is about then? Paying to play?

Lunarion199
08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Once you reach 100 skill points you cannot improve further. So there is no great advantage in purchasing trophies and levelling faster. When you realize that you may have invested in wrong skills then again you will have to unlearn few skills and then re-invest in other skills. Also by levelling faster your fights will be with players around your level but with much more experience as they may have levelled slowly. This will put you at disadvantage. At higher skill levels it anyways requires exceedingly high training points to spend as the chance of success are very low. This game is very much balanced for paying and free-to-play players. Just enjoy levelling slow, getting experience in determining your strategies and developing your glads patiently. There is no train to catch :-)

Arkham
08-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Pay all you want, you will not gain experience or training points. The game has a well integrated $$$ system. You don't want to rise too fast. You'll just get your ass handed to you.

* My bad. People are telling me you do gain exp. I must have missed that. Anyways, I usually try and minimize exp gained and maximize gold. It is better to have more skills trained at a lower level than the reverse!

kvothe
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Ah I wish I knew that.. I earned about 450 trophies through a free offer thing and spent most of them on energy potions and new tavern missions lol. Oh well, I also got some purple equipment and a bunch of stable upgrades so I'm glad I didn't waste 100% of them lol.

kvothe
08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Here's another question. Is there anything else I can use my energy on besides the arena? Because there's no way I can get in the top three as it stands right now, so there's no point in wasting the three gold it takes each time to enter. Sooo do I have to let my energy stay capped until another day passes or is there something more to do in the game than wait?

Dainoji
08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
There shouldn't be any reason why you can't get into the top 3 in the pit fights since you fight other gladiators of your level. For now you can only use your energy on tavern contracts and pit fights. I imagine once the conquests are up and running those will also take energy. One thing to note is you do earn XP if you do additional tavern contracts so you will level faster but without the addition of more skills you will find yourself outclassed eventually. Use your trophies on gear, and stable upgrades, achievement slots and the occasional energy potion if you don't have time to wait. If you want more to do each day the best way is to get more gladiators in your stable. If you would really like to get up in the rankings faster then use trophies to buy skills and in addition you can do more tavern quests to get more XP and keep challenging the highest ranked guy you can and you'll start shooting up the leader board.