PDA

View Full Version : Rankings question

Steppe Wolves
08-07-2011, 07:50 AM
I have no clue about how rankings work. You can move down when you win and you can move below someone you beat. I can tell it's a system of how many pluses there are ahead of you that causes you to drop. I noticed that there were 3 fighters in my group that all wnet ahead of me with more than plus 300 ranking climbs, one at plus 450. Is this because the players are buying a ton of trophies and spending them all at once, or is there a way in just fighting that can boost a guy that high?

Steppe Wolves

Team Kaos
08-07-2011, 01:56 PM
It's all just a mystery really. Don't try to figure it out...you will just get a headache

Dainoji
08-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Not sure why some people get hung up on this. I have no idea the details behind the rankings but there are a few obvious mechanics going on.

1) It matters who you fight and their ranking
2) It matters how your fight went. Did you dominate them or just barely win?
3) It matters how the gladiators around you did

There is probably more to it, but the above three things explain a lot of the ranking movement. If you won and dropped a spot it is probably because someone around you dominated the fight and got more "points" or whatever is going on. I've seen a gladiator lose and move up a spot which probably means someone above them lost even worse and the rankings were tight.

Prinny
08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I see gladiators die and end up in the top mover spots xD

Steppe Wolves
08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
No one answereed my question and no one is hung up on this. It's just a game that seems to make no sense as far as any sort of realism, but it would be nice to understand how a person can move up more than 400 places in one turn while another who wins drops. The main thing is that there are so many characters at the top of ratings with bad records. A breakdown of factors would be interesting to view, and if nothing else, would allow me to say, "oh yeah. That makes sense."

CaineDeSoulis
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
the fighters moving 400+ a turn likely are returning gladiators from forgotten stables

aldowyn
08-08-2011, 06:45 PM
The reason the guys at the top have bad records is because you have to do well to advance, but they haven't, they just have more (sometimes a lot more) matches they've fought.

Or something like that. I just want to get to 1st before I advance, one of these days.

Malfeasor
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I agree that it makes no sense whatsoever. Just for one example, I don't know how my new gladiator with 17-0-0 is below others with not only less wins, but lots of losses too. Here is another example in the Elite division:

1) Basho Battlezen 75 - 6 - 3 (57,800 pts)
2) Timberwolf Demonspawn 77 - 26 - 7 (57,689 pts)
3) Lakos Chaosteam 70 - 44 - 0 (57,657 pts)
4) Token Team Africa 84 - 34 - 2 (57,637 pts)
5) Venusaur Pheonix 85 - 27 - 0 (57,512 pts)
6) Anchor Monstrosity 76 - 19 - 2 (57,498 pts)
7) Rothmor The Bloodless 73 - 39 - 3 (57,457 pts)
8) Show Boat Gonagain 70 - 62 - 1 (57,407 pts)
9) Luziel Motu 76 - 9 - 4 (57,347 pts)
10) Devour Lord Suomileijonat 54 - 82 - 0 (57,244 pts)
-----------------------------------------------------
478) Theocoles Malfeasance 55 - 6 - 0 (41,030 pts)

So my guy Theocoles is 468 places further down the rankings than a gladiator who has not only got one less win, but has lost 76 more times? That makes no sense whatsoever. There should either be negative points awarded for a loss, or at least neutral points. Ranking is not about experience, it's about who is the best.

Dainoji
10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
it's about who is the best.

Chances are those guys above you with more losses might be better than you. They have more trains, possibly are higher level and the only reason they have more losses is they've been in an area with stiffer competition much longer than your guys. That 55-6-0 is going to come crumbling down once you actually start fighting gladiators managed by players who know what they are doing.

You also have half the fights those other guys have, so I'd say you've been moving up pretty quick by the looks of things and if you do manage to keep up your winning ratio you'll fly right past those guys as well. I have no idea what the special soup is that makes up the rankings, but after playing for quite some time it has a lot to do with who you fight, their relation to you in the rankings and how dominate you beat them. It isn't a simple 1 point for a win and -1 point for a loss kind of thing.

Prinny
10-06-2011, 06:12 AM
As mentioned above it's mostly about who you fight and how much you dominate the fight.

Thsoe gladiators have been around longer and where around that spot already so with the new system starting a few days ago they probably got assigned around the amount of points they needed for that specific rank.

Chances are big those guys with more losses make up for it by completely dominating the fights they do win and the ones they lose aren't lost by getting completely dominated as thus they receive more points for their wins and less for their defeats balancing it out to that amount of points.