PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Vage vs Solstice

Team Kaos
08-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Danioji must be punching walls this morning, a couple pretty new purples and Thunder Vage comes out of the gate like a starved lion. Dropping some bombs on Solstice early, Solstice even drops his weapon for a bit there gets knocked around taking on 900 damage quick and then, Whack!....The Vage goes to sleep with a temple buster.

Perhaps, Solstice will do some window shopping today, since most of his gear is 6-11 levels below is current....today's bout was an eye opener...well at least for Solstice

The gladiators walk into the roar of bloodthirsty fans from this sell out crowd!
R O U N D 1
>> THUNDER LIPS SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
>> SOLSTICE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
THUNDER LIPS attempts to poke his enemy.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
943/1184
1496/1496
84/84
86/87

THUNDER LIPS tries to knock SOLSTICE down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
SOLSTICE gets knocked off balance by the strike and falls to the ground!
Savage lunge above SOLSTICE's waist punctures a kidney and destroys all healthy tissue in the blades path! (+241 Damage)
• Can Not Defend: 3 rounds
• Possible Disarm

SOLSTICE cringes as his weapon drops to the ground after the strike!
Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!
>> SOLSTICE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5
SOLSTICE reaches down and grabs his HEROIC GLADIUS from off the ground!
THUNDER LIPS strikes forward viciously, his BLOODSAND SLICER moving with amazing speed.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
833/1184
1496/1496
83/84
84/87
Prone
prone

SOLSTICE backs up a few inches as THUNDER LIPS descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
THUNDER LIPS's attack lands on SOLSTICE's tricep causing freakish wounds! (+110 Damage)
• Attack Power: -20 (5 rounds)

SOLSTICE has minor cuts and bruises on his body!
THUNDER LIPS skips around the arena in hopes of action.
THUNDER LIPS ducks low then ferociously slashes upward with his HEROIC SLASHER.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
528/1184
1496/1496
83/84
83/87
Prone
prone
Attack Power
Defense

THUNDER LIPS roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
Beastly shot to SOLSTICE's inner thigh spears his leg and punctures a major artery...the flood gates of blood have been opened! (+306 Damage)
• Bleeding: 16 health per round
• Attack Power: -5 (2 rounds)

SOLSTICE is bleeding from multiple flesh wounds!!
SOLSTICE tries to attack from the ground.
SOLSTICE whips around with his off hand.
SOLSTICE strikes forward viciously, his WYRMBONE GLADIUS moving with amazing speed.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
528/1184
1438/1496
82/84
81/87
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Defense

Chop to the hand almost severs it at the wrist...only tendons and veins keep it attached! (+59 Damage)
• Bleeding: 24 health per round

THUNDER LIPS leaps quickly to and fro.
THUNDER LIPS whips around with his off hand.
THUNDER LIPS closes on SOLSTICE and tries to strike him.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
409/1184
1438/1496
81/84
79/87
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Defense
Bleeding

THUNDER LIPS's HEROIC SLASHER tastes victory and inflicts cyclopean injuries on SOLSTICE's solar plexus! (+119 Damage)
THUNDER LIPS's skillful strike sends his HEROIC SLASHER hurling toward SOLSTICE.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
246/1184
1438/1496
81/84
78/87
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Defense
Bleeding

THUNDER LIPS lands a strike on SOLSTICE's abdomen inflicting mammoth wounds! (+163 Damage)
SOLSTICE is bleeding very badly from several wounds!!!
SOLSTICE moves around on the ground looking for an opening to strike.
SOLSTICE whirls his HEROIC GLADIUS overhead, bringing it slicing downward at THUNDER LIPS.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
246/1184
1332/1496
80/84
76/87
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Defense
Bleeding

Massive shot to THUNDER LIPS's spine...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+106 Damage)
• Solstice's Attack Power: +5 (1 round)

SOLSTICE attempts to strike from the ground.
SOLSTICE strikes out, making a dangerous attack with his HEROIC GLADIUS.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
246/1184
1294/1496
79/84
75/87
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Defense
Bleeding

Blow leaves an imprint on THUNDER LIPS's chest! (+39 Damage)
• Bleeding: 24 health per round

SOLSTICE attempts to strike from the ground.
SOLSTICE lunges forward with his WYRMBONE GLADIUS and nearly falls off balance.
SOLSTICE
THUNDER LIPS
246/1184
1261/1496
79/84
73/87
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Defense
Bleeding

Fans begin to leave disgusted after that last hit to the cheekbone. (+33 Damage)
SOLSTICE hits the sweet spot on THUNDER LIPS's head and drops him! (-Knockout-)
SOLSTICE raises his weapon into the air and screams at the crowd as THUNDER LIPS falls to the ground unconscious from the last hit!
The Enforcer gives the thumbs up!
The fight lasted 5 seconds!

CaineDeSoulis
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
watched that fight. solstice is incredibly lucky and I believe thats the only thing holding you at number 1

Dainoji
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
As I've said on numerous occasions, Solstice has more four leaf clovers rammed up his nether regions that even Leprechauns are envious! Be sure to drink plenty of water and keep that internal clover garden well taken care of lest you find your skull resting in our trophy case! :)

Team Kaos
08-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Looks like you two have a heaping bowl of sour grapes in front of you.

CaineDeSoulis
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Being disappointed over bad luck is expected. Being prideful over good luck is foolish.

Team Kaos
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Here's some more foolish good luck for ya's. And another doctor bill.

The blow to THUNDER LIPS's neck lands with mighty force! (+229 Damage)
SOLSTICE hits the sweet spot on THUNDER LIPS's head and drops him! (-Knockout-)
THUNDER LIPS sees black as the last hit knocks him out.
The Enforcer kicks the beaten gladiator and orders the loser to be removed from the sands!
The fight lasted 23 seconds!
* Pirate Booty's Doctor was unable to heal Thunder Lips's head injury!

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked, 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.

Lord Dak
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
I doubt luck factors into being pit lord. Knock out is a legitimate skill and therefore a legitimate win. No luck about it. Skill

CaineDeSoulis
08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
no your second fight didnt end with solstice on the ground bleeding out landing a 40 damage shot that just happens to knock out. the second fight was a little more back and forth

Team Kaos
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
no your second fight didnt end with solstice on the ground bleeding out landing a 40 damage shot that just happens to knock out. the second fight was a little more back and forth

Oh, you mean a lucky knockout....sorta how Last Stand allows a Rage to go freakin nuts when he's pouring blood, laying on the ground near death and exhaustion nearly every fight. Only to land a 400+ fight ending bomb out of nowhere.

oh..ok...

Dainoji
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey Kaos, do you remember the last time Solstice lost now? As always, pride comes before the fall...enjoy your trip down! ;)

Dainoji
08-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Hahahaha! Classic, the more you ramp up the bravado the faster you fall! Let's see if you can go for the losing hat trick tonight and make it 3 in a row! It would be fitting to have a Rage gladiator give you another tick mark in the L column for your third loss and then you would have been swept by one of each! ;) You might want to get yourself a cork, I think your four leaf clovers are falling out! ;)

CaineDeSoulis
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
looks like 2 losses in a row for our "humble" champion. looks like 3 in a row will happen tommorow morning

Team Kaos
08-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Funny, all the giggles coming from the 2 that were last seen laying on the sand in front of Solstice. But hey, can't win them all, he does though win nearly 8 of 10, so I think he's doing ok for himself. So bring on your challenges, just be sure to call the doctor to make room for your daily visit after facing Solstice.

But as for his 2 losses, an early end called when he still had over 300 health left vs Echo and a the enforcer tossing him a war hammer vs Alpha II...he'd be better off without a weapon. But, hey..you don't see me crying about luck or bad luck. It's a loss...

So bring on your little Bird Of Prey Jr's....Solstice is waiting.

CaineDeSoulis
08-05-2011, 11:08 PM
hey just remember scooty puff jr. as he was, instead of what he will become

Team Kaos
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
OK, as expected The Vage came up short vs Solstice....Is Prey feeling up for another near death experience? Or is the doctor not in this week?

CaineDeSoulis
08-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Aurora might need to train a little more before trying to step up into the big leagues.

Team Kaos
08-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Prey pulled that win out of his ass..and you know it. Classic Last Stand and he goes ape shit. Still makes no sense how a boost to health and endurance equate to hits twice or three times as hard as what he did at the start of the fight, but don't worry....Aurora will return the favor soon enough.

Team Kaos
08-07-2011, 04:55 AM
How's The Vage feeling this morning?

Dainoji
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
How's The Vage feeling this morning?

Feeling pretty good, how's the leg and head? Get that all patched up yet?

Dainoji
08-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Prey pulled that win out of his ass..and you know it. Classic Last Stand and he goes ape shit. Still makes no sense how a boost to health and endurance equate to hits twice or three times as hard as what he did at the start of the fight, but don't worry....Aurora will return the favor soon enough.

Waiter...a plate of sour grapes for the Team Kaos table!

Haven't we already been over this? Rage = Berserkers. The myth and legend surrounding Berserkers is they get stronger the more they get injured. Get it now? Don't worry, I'll explain it again in a month or two when you forget...again. I don't see you complaining that Knockout simply ends the fight or how gratuitous violence racks up obscene bleeding. Are you still on the Theatrics are outclassed kick?

The current Top 10 has 4 rage 3 war and 3 theatrics and the next 5 spots are 2 war and 2 theatrics and 1 rage. Looks pretty balanced to me, or perhaps it should be 8 theatrics 1 war and 1 rage an then it would be balanced! ;)

Lord Aeneus
08-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Haha gotta love the trash talk!!! Hopefully I'll be in the big leagues someday facing the likes of solstice, T Vage, and echo haha

crow
08-07-2011, 02:46 PM
When you get to the big leagues then you can earn the right to call him T Vage, til then it is Thunder lips to you!! :) Dang, Rookies.

CaineDeSoulis
08-07-2011, 02:47 PM
bwahahaha rookies indeed, BTW Aurora please keep challenging Prey easy wins are nice when your facing gladiators otherwise 10+ levels higher and nearly double the health

Lord Aeneus
08-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Y'all better watch out... Cuz this rookies here to stay!!!!! ;) but until then good luck all, and keep staining the sands crimson!

Team Kaos
08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Haven't we already been over this? Rage = Berserkers. The myth and legend surrounding Berserkers is they get stronger the more they get injured. Get it now? Don't worry, I'll explain it again in a month or two when you forget...again. I don't see you complaining that Knockout simply ends the fight or how gratuitous violence racks up obscene bleeding.

Well, let's think about this for a second. Knockout skill..kinda means he will knock his opponent out. (Every hit to the opponent's head has a chance to knock them out).
Gratuitous Violence means they cause a lot of bleeding wounds (All your gladiator's attacks have a chance to inflict Bleeding wounds causing his opponent to lose health every round.)
Kinda straight forward.

Last Stand....(When your gladiator is on the verge of losing he goes into a berserking rage giving him a boost to his Health and Endurance allowing him to continue fighting longer than normal.)
Am I missing some coded message that says your gladiator gains the strength of god and does obscene damage as he lays bleeding out, completely exhausted and near death?
All I see is that he burns through the remainder of his endurance faster and is able to fight longer with added health.

I know you believe I dislike Rage's..I really don't..I love em...they are actually pretty easy to defeat...and kill more often then other gladiators. I hate training them...but love fighting against them.

And for Lord Aeneus...I like the bravado....just don't cry when the big boys eventually start wearing your gladiators skulls as fashion wear. If your gonna dish it..prepare to take it double...cause that's just how it goes.

CaineDeSoulis
08-07-2011, 08:03 PM
it appears to me that you don't much like having victory snatched away from you with last stand. I think what you are seeing as obscene power is completely true. last stand is a pain deal with with that acknowledged i believe last stand wins are hilarious trolls. and indeed laugh every time it happens.

Dainoji
08-07-2011, 10:11 PM
If you are implying that Last Stand makes the following hits bigger you are mistaken. I've never noticed an increase in damage. What does do that though is Blood Drunk. What it does is exactly what is says it does, allows the gladiator to summon a "last stand" effort and ignore the pain....you know almost like magic (hence the Chi requirement), something you might find in a fantasy game where fictitious gladiators fight in a make believe arena with imaginary weaponry. ;)

Glad to hear you enjoy fighting Rage gladiators, because it looks like you'll be losing to them a lot more now. Enjoy the ride down!

Oh, I've sent over a bottle of wine for Solstice to help ease the pain. When he's done drinking it be sure to have him save the cork. I'm sure he'll know where to put it, looks like he's got a leak in his four leaf clover container. :p

CaineDeSoulis
08-08-2011, 12:31 AM
hmmm....i agree that blood drunk combined with last stand are the likely culprit of the "obscene" Hits you are describing.

Dainoji
08-08-2011, 01:10 AM
THUNDER LIPS hits the sweet spot on POWER SLAVE's head and drops him! (-Knockout-)

Hahaha! How's it feel being on the other end of it sweet cheeks? ;)

CaineDeSoulis
08-08-2011, 01:46 AM
HAHA Been a long time since you fought a rage 2Hander huh Solstice! honestly its a horrible matchup for Caine, High Agility Quick weapons tend to chop him up pretty efficiently. its been a very long time since caine has fought against medium armor haha most of the top is heavy armor or light armor with massive speed.

Sorry about last stand ending. its alot more powerful when you know atleast 1 300lb bomb is going to hit. 2 decent bombs and last stand will finish it errytime.

And to top that off my *least* damaging shot was in last stand :\

Team Kaos
08-08-2011, 03:32 PM
that blood drunk combined with last stand are the likely culprit of the "obscene" Hits you are describing.

No, not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when a Rage is taking the beat down, has 20% of his life, while the opponent has 75% or more of his health, and suddenly Last Stand kicks in and he drops 3 consecutive bombs out of nowhere, don't tell me you don't notice it..I see it all the time.
Blood drunk only works when the opponent is at 1/3 of his health, not 75% or 50%% or even 34%.

Anyway's whatever, if that's what it takes for a Rage to win, so be it, you guys gotta get your wins in somehow.

I see how you both get your panties all sticky whenever you beat a Team Kaos gladiator, running around the house with your tighty whities all bunch up in your rear after reading the am fights. Apparently, you must feel inferior to the Kaos gladiators to get so ramped up.

As always I look forward to tonight's gore.

Actually, it's the biggest compliment you guys can pay me, I guess I would feel like a run of the mill manager if there was no topic of conversation about my stable.

Lord Aeneus
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
No, not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when a Rage is taking the beat down, has 20% of his life, while the opponent has 75% or more of his health, and suddenly Last Stand kicks in and he drops 3 consecutive bombs out of nowhere, don't tell me you don't notice it..I see it all the time.
Blood drunk only works when the opponent is at 1/3 of his health, not 75% or 50%% or even 34%.

Anyway's whatever, if that's what it takes for a Rage to win, so be it, you guys gotta get your wins in somehow.

I see how you both get your panties all sticky whenever you beat a Team Kaos gladiator, running around the house with your tighty whities all bunch up in your rear after reading the am fights. Apparently, you must feel inferior to the Kaos gladiators to get so ramped up.

As always I look forward to tonight's gore.

Actually, it's the biggest compliment you guys can pay me, I guess I would feel like a run of the mill manager if there was no topic of conversation about my stable.

All I've got to say is...... "Damn"!!!

CaineDeSoulis
08-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Solstice is the last remnant of a stable that *RULED* the top with an iron fist. Yea he's The champion and no one questions that he was good. but its about time the top was a bit more competitive. unfortunately solstice is the only pit lord I'm not even sure we can make him lose that ranking, especially if as of late he's only been winning about 50% of his fights. personally I like to win and its a competition so yea beating the top guy is a thrill especially if Caine's win was his first fight against solstice. For me the pits have become "Beat Team Kaos" if kaos quit tomorrow it would be a sad day for the pits. for all his bullshit and shit talking and whining, the pits is a lot more interesting with someone challenging you to do better. With that all said Expect more challenges for team zombie. infact if all goes well at 5am i'll fight all the kaos boys minus powerslave.

Dainoji
08-09-2011, 12:15 AM

What part of "last stand" are you having trouble understanding? Who cares what the opponent has for health or endurance that matters not for the skill or most other skills for that matter. Since I like you Kaos, I'll try and help you understand it again, and this time I'll use small words so you'll be sure to understand:

Once upon a time there was a rage gladiator and he was about to die, so he summoned (sorry, kind of a big word there, let me know if you need me to define it as well) all the remaining (sorry again) strength he had and tapped into an inner power, an almost magic like power and was able to keep fighting beyond what a normal man was able to do. Sometimes the warriors of this tribe lived because of this, and sometimes they still died. The End.

And for the record I've never noticed Last Stand to give me 3 extra attacks. What you are seeing is simply a skill going off and the rage gladiator still has attacks left for that round. Didn't we just go over this a day or two ago...Kaos, your mind is starting to go much faster than before! You drinking cheap ale again? Let me send over some premium ale since with all your loses recently you're probably having trouble making ends meet. No need to thank me, what's a little expensive ale between friends, especially when it's for a good cause. I mean, it hurts me deeply to see you in such a state of disarray. :p

Dainoji
08-09-2011, 12:19 AM

I've never mistaken you as a run of the mill manager, always as a worthy adversary...a whinny adversary, but a worthy one nonetheless. If team fights or "pick up groups" are ever implemented for conquests I'd gladly fight by your side, but for Christ's sake, don't bitch about Last Stand if it finishes off the dungeon Boss in the end battle! :)

CaineDeSoulis
08-09-2011, 12:40 AM
I can agree to that last statement Dainoji