PDA

View Full Version : Vacations?

GorbagGutripper
12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey Nate! Are you planning on incorporating some type of vacation setting for users who go on vacation for a week or two? Just curious; assuming they will still fight, die etc while we are away and get gold as well...just dont want that stinking Jimmy the Squid taking too much gold while someone is on vacation (I did manage this last night to take the loot from him!)

Nate
12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey Nate! Are you planning on incorporating some type of vacation setting for users who go on vacation for a week or two? Just curious; assuming they will still fight, die etc while we are away and get gold as well...just dont want that stinking Jimmy the Squid taking too much gold while someone is on vacation (I did manage this last night to take the loot from him!)

Thanks for your suggestions, the idea has been brought up from time to time but in order to keep the arena consistent in who fights each day I've opted to not allow for it now. This may change in the future though. The good news however is unless you are hiking into the middle of some harsh landscape chances are you'll always be near an internet connection! :)

GorbagGutripper
12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
True--will have to snooker the relatives to let my check my 'email' :) Also, can see how vacations might become permanent--which brings up the question--what are your plans for inactives? I already know of one--assuming you are letting them run until they kick the bucket. Just think of all those lost training points :)

Nate
12-19-2010, 05:53 AM
True--will have to snooker the relatives to let my check my 'email' :) Also, can see how vacations might become permanent--which brings up the question--what are your plans for inactives? I already know of one--assuming you are letting them run until they kick the bucket. Just think of all those lost training points :)

Periodically, managers who haven't signed in will be put inactive and if they are inactive they will be removed from the rankings and fights and then the next time they log in they will become active again. The period of time to define an inactive manager is still being considered. My guess is something around two weeks is probably fair.

-Nate-