PDA

View Full Version : What the ??

Team Kaos
07-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Spiritual Pain kills Sliver, and falls a spot in ranking while Sliver moves up a spot. How does that happen?
So much for the general idea of how ranking works.

CaineDeSoulis
07-17-2011, 02:13 PM
haha thats probably only happened to you there fore a while my guys would win fights and not go up either

Team Kaos
07-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh, I've won lots of fights and not moved up, I've even won fights and moved down plenty if it was a lower ranked gladiator, but never seen killing a higher ranked gladiator and the dead gladiator move up and the winner go down. That's a new one for me

Dainoji
07-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I think that one might be easily explained.

Power Slave dropped two spots pushing Sliver up 1 and Blood Bath II jumped 2 spots pushing Spiritual Pain down a spot.

Team Kaos
07-17-2011, 07:05 PM
That makes it even more confusing.....Spiritual Pain #12 (-1) kills #11, (+1)
Bloodbath #13 (+2) beats #17 (-1) and
Beta #15 (+1) beats #10 (-2)

Beta picking up 1 and Power Slave losing 2 makes sense...the rest of it, not so much. Bloodbath +2 for beating #17....??

Warmonger
07-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Stuff like this is why I have given up trying to figure out the ranking system. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

Steppe Wolves
07-31-2011, 12:49 AM
It's happened to me 3 times and I've been playing for two weeks. The game is not realistic at all and requres no real intelligence to play. It shouldn't be taken seriously as anything resembling real fighting, and you need to get a life there Kaos, because I have read a lot of complaints from you. This isn't competition and being competitive in such an unimportant environment will only stress you out. Get a grip.

Team Kaos
07-31-2011, 06:56 AM
you need to get a life there Kaos, because I have read a lot of complaints from you. This isn't competition and being competitive in such an unimportant environment will only stress you out. Get a grip

#1. Welcome to the game SteppenWolf, indeed I piss and whine better then anyone here...take that to the bank. But I see it as more helpful then annoying. I just kinda bitch about the quirks and oddities of the game, not because my guys lose and I suck as a manager..to which I then call the game unrealistic. My feet are firmly affixed to planet Earth to know that the fight passages and picture sketches we read are truly not realistic when compared to 2 gladiators that lived 1800 years ago.

#2. As for competition, I'm pretty sure it is..sorta...since it is a game..and games are based on competition unless your under the age of 5 and are playing "Tea Party".

#3. After 28 fights with your gladiators you will still likely see a lot of movement in the rankings because of how we have come to believe the rankings work. So yes, you may lose ranking even if you win based upon how you won and how those around you won or lost respectively.

#4. Didn't you just post a semi lengthy tavern/fight passage?

CaineDeSoulis
07-31-2011, 08:16 AM
+1 Team kaos

crow
07-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow, one of the new guys is getting all over Kaos. Wonder if he is related to Blackwill!! Kaos keep bitching bro, makes the game more interesting. I especially enjoy you and Dainjoli conversations!

Lord Aeneus
07-31-2011, 06:15 PM
lmao.. thats funny as hell, and holy shit crow, i see your from baytown.. Im constantly in Crosby and Anahuac! lol

Dainoji
08-02-2011, 11:49 AM
#1. Welcome to the game SteppenWolf, indeed I piss and whine better then anyone here...take that to the bank. But I see it as more helpful then annoying. I just kinda bitch about the quirks and oddities of the game, not because my guys lose and I suck as a manager..to which I then call the game unrealistic. My feet are firmly affixed to planet Earth to know that the fight passages and picture sketches we read are truly not realistic when compared to 2 gladiators that lived 1800 years ago.

That explains a lot, I always wondered how the hell the other gladiators kept hitting me when the pictures clearly showed me cutting off their arms multiple times during the fight! I mean, how many arms does a gladiator have?!?!? ;)