PDA

View Full Version : Going grey

oedi
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
the subjects sold today most of their gear, just keeping a few weapons and the items for their oldest gladiator Subjecttwo. This team will no longer upgrade their armor or weapons, but instead spend all their thropies on stable upgrades and achievements.
Think this has some promise for a low budget stable.

Arkham
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Green stuff is cheap to buy and maintain. Just say out of the chamber. I REALLY would like some of the Dr and armory upgrades.

Ruthless
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
It can be done. I run Bankrupt and I have never used that mysterious alchemy Pay-Pal to buy any trophies and I never will. All of mine were earned the hard way. It just takes a long time to save up the trophies to afford equipment or upgrades. I only recently was able to expand to 5 warriors. Being very careful with my expenses, waiting for sales, and using only 2 handed weapons to save a slot has paid off.

Dehodem
07-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Yea going green might be a good idea.

But still i understand Oedi. Cost of good (blue and purple) weapon are ridicoukous as u lvl . Also repair cost are RIDICOULOUS in that game. Way too high!

It should realy be reduce seriously.

Arkham
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I throw some cash Nate's way from time to time. Support your indy developers, I say. About 50% of Abominations's gear plus the stable slots were all cash buys. In the same breath, I am dirt broke now, so greens are in my future for a while.

Apoca1ypse
07-08-2011, 11:46 PM
i neglect most of my glads, upgrading their stuff every 5-10 levels. only rarg and karn have goodies. had to train up a theatrics glad with crowd pleaser just to maintain the costs of karns purples, rargs hand-me-downs and the plethora of injuries they pick up.

Lunarion199
07-09-2011, 04:28 AM
I haven't yet spent a single trophy on any gladiator's weapon or armour. I will purchase one purple weapon when a glad gets a legend rank. And that's it. Till now I upgraded vault and barracks. Now going for next stable upgrade.

Dainoji
07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm with Arkham on this one, support your indy developers, especially if it's a game you play every day and enjoy! Without support from the players free to play games die or at the very least further development stops, so think about that next time you decide to pat yourself on the back for not buying any trophies.

Lunarion199
07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
It's not about buying or not buying trophies, it's about whether it is wise to invest them on gladiators or on stable upgrades; at least in early stages.

oedi
07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
that was my point to. Ive bought thropies to all my stables. Ive tried to make this point in other posts as well. I dont mind paying for what i consider administration cost, but i dont like paying for direct fight benefits. What i tried to say with this post was that a stable might get more out of the trophies spent on other stuff than the regular weapon/armor upgrades.

Apoca1ypse
07-09-2011, 09:14 PM
odei, i threw down $20 for a purple weapon and some other stuff a while back, and while i won a few more fights, i found that it wasnt really helping me otherwise. I found that investing in T5 armory, T2 undertaker and T1 doctor was a much better use of trophies. I was going broke fixing and healing things, and getting killed in arena challenges and having the stat penalty really hurt for my gladiators arena fights.

then karn started fighting the top tier gladiators using just a purple weapon and greens, and did OK. for a bit of fun i purpled him out, and didnt notice too much of a difference tbh. massive buyers remorse there. I wish i'd spent the tokens on the doctor.

Dainoji
07-10-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't think it really matters where you spend your trophies or how many you spend as long as you are supporting the game if you can. I do my best to do trophy buys when possible because I really enjoy playing this game and want to help it stick around otherwise I might be playing Farmville *gasp* but I understand some people aren't in a position to do that. My comment was mainly aimed at an earlier post where a manager stated he had never bought trophies and never will and only earned them the hard way as though that was some kind of badge of honor to be worn with pride and I was simply pointing out the flaw and danger in that sort of logic. Hey, too each their own.

Apoca1ypse, one of the great things about this game in my opinion is purple gear in the wrong hands, or not used correctly or not fit for your gladiator's build won't magically win you battles, it also takes skill coming up with a good fight strategy, a good skill tree build and proper gear selection to support those earlier decisions. I'm not saying you haven't done this with Karn, but if you hadn't of upgraded chances are you wouldn't be sitting at #10 right now. Arkham's rage gladiator is in all greens and ranked #18 in the entire arena and I suspect he's pretty close to reaching a point to where he'll need to upgrade if he wants to make a move on the throne. I give him mad props though, it's a huge accomplishment and twice he beat Laphroig and a few other grape apes out there but I don't think those victories will be consistent, but again that is one of the great things about this game, skill as a player does matter, but when you have skill and purples combined that is tough combo to beat, obviously not impossible though.

Apoca1ypse
07-10-2011, 07:53 AM
I guess i should define "helping"

Kharn has been winning more, primarily in Rage vs Rage matches which was a big problem for me. I was honestly surprised that kharn has made it to #10 cos he entered that bracket well after everyone else (then again, when we were all in the previous ladder he hovered in the teens with his mishmash gear)

However, the cost of maintaining kharn has meant that all my other glads have become neglected and using gear up to 10 levels below their own. I cant fork out the gold just to upgrade greens, let along better stuff as i'm just repairing and healing all the time. I've had to train up a theatrics just to use crowd pleaser to get more coin for repairs/injuries, which involved selling off a decent glad (~75% wins @ lvl 25 six weeks ago)

I guess when the gold issue becomes less problematic my tune will change, but i still think i made the leap to purps too early to properly benefit

oedi
07-20-2011, 03:03 AM
This was not my best of projects. I was not able to get enough gold to buy achievment buffs, in addition to the lack of armor bonuses, I went from being a good stable to become a mediocre one. That was not my intention. Im gonna terminate this project, and instead reduce my all over amount of gladiators.
Then im gonna spend my resources on my top gladiator Ormgar. While i ran Ormgar with a full set of achievement buffs he was matched evenly with Solstice(2 wins 2 losses),and winning more than i lost againts the rest of the field. After the achievment buffs went out my performance dropped drastically. Now Im not even close to beating Solstice(can hardly hit him) and below average against all others. Gonna do a full round of new armor for him, and putting up a new set of achievement buffs.

Lord Dak
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
hey how do you do that thing at the bottom of your post where you give info bout your stable?

Team Kaos
07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
At the top right of the page click on settings...then on the left side click on edit signature.

Lord Dak
07-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Thank you and congratulations on Solstice becoming the first Pit Lord!