PDA

View Full Version : Athletism skill

Dehodem
07-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi guys

I wanted to know if is it realy an usefull skill or not.

Will it be able to hit more against fearsome parry technique, be able to do viable combo whit called shot and skill like nock down...

Also, do a glad whit high agi will realy se a BIG difference on hit ratio or not whit this skill.

Hoping to learn a lot more about this skill plz and know if is't worth the investment.

Dehodem
07-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Come on still no one???

As anyone invest in this and find some success?

papasmun
11-01-2011, 06:27 AM
err hello there, this may be a late reply because i have joined the forums recently ( not pit of war, which i have been playing for quite a time now) and i own this gladiator with approximately 100+ agility score and has 7 training in athletism. also he uses pair of daggers which makes him pretty much like byrd of prey. he's in legend now, and i would say combinations of athletism, high agility and choice of weapons can really lead to abt 3-5 hits. (crit shots damage average 70-80) and they r very powerful. Because i have not seen much change for my other double handed weapon wielding gladiator, i suppose its not as good for slow gladiators. And im thinking it would have been better to just increase weapon skills.... do correct me if im wrong, because this is just purely my opinion.

papasmun
11-01-2011, 06:29 AM
oh and not only that, he has 7 hamstring and 7 war cry, which makes him pretty unstoppable. i have seen my friend's rage gladiator who deals approaximately 120 average, and do nothing against my dagger wielding gladiator, because its hard to fight back against swift, crit shots.

Garlic88
06-28-2012, 02:08 AM
I'd like to know how best to use this skill too. I read somewhere it's best for 2 handed warriors "to make sure those few attacks hit", but in my experience if you've got a big slow weapon you tend to hit most of your attacks anyway. If you've got 2 daggers however i keep seeing messages like "X realises his timing if off and aborts the attack" and a lot more parrys. Would athleticism help reduce either of these messages? And does it help get past an opponents high defence?

This leads me... i thought that whether you hit or not was dependent on your attack power vs their defence? How much more your attack power (coming from strength) is than their defence (coming from agility) determined the damage of the hit. So where does athletisism come into this if it makes you more likely to hit without increasing attack power? Am i right about the whole attack/defence mechanic?

Thx

Dainoji
06-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Your strategies vs their strategies have a huge impact on whether you hit or not. Of course your skills and gear will help as well but at the end of the day this is a strategy game and that fight strategy screen is where much of the magic happens. The reason you probably see daggers missing a lot is because managers are running their glads AL 10 with them which is lowering their accuracy and or they don't have their weapon skill maxed out or other skills that help. I don't know how the internals of Athleticism work but as far as I can tell it just helps you land more hits across the board. I don't know how it does it, but it just does. :)

Garlic88
06-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Cool that's just what i wanted to hear! So isn't slow weapon with high activity pretty similar to fast weapon with slow activity? I've always wanted a try a tough little theatric with knuckle dusters. Was thinking of combining spite, devastating power, crippling might, called shot and knockout to go for maximum head smashing! Just looking at other masters who use quick weapons is less than inspiring. Yeah they destroy 2 handed ragers, but you dont see too much of them in the high rankings.

Anyway cheers for the tip. Accuracy must be a separate mechanic to attack power, as activity lvl effects accuracy but not damage. In my experience tho, high attack power will smash through defences, leading to more hits as well. I love how deep this game's battle mechanics are!

Alba Kebab
07-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Just saw this now, you don't wanna go spite with small weapons like daggers/knucle dusters, with the race penalty they'll only tickle someone wearing armor. I've tried hand to hand theatric with with decent str and still had problems when up against heavy armor.

Dainoji
07-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Just saw this now, you don't wanna go spite with small weapons like daggers/knucle dusters, with the race penalty they'll only tickle someone wearing armor. I've tried hand to hand theatric with with decent str and still had problems when up against heavy armor.

That's not really true. If your build is meant to pound your enemy into submission it might be true but if you are looking to bleed them out or pass them out a spite with small weapons does just fine assuming you've got the strategies and skills to make it happen. Chuck Norris is an example of that sort of build.