PDA

View Full Version : Broken GV skill.

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi Nate,

People that know me here (from other game) know that i am always about MATH and statistic. That why i am usualy called The Teacher (i usualy help people on math and build).

Now i come to understand some unbalance on the way the maths on this game are working. First one is GV.

This skill is suppose to increase u chance of getting bleeding wounds out your opponent.

But i check the way it's work and it seem it is myltiplying the initial base % of the weapon and NOT increasing the % by a clear %.

Exemple (on hypotetical increase chance of lvl 5 GV)

So if sword have 20% base chance (B) and each lvl of GV give let say 10% :

-Way it seem to be calculating : B(1+0.10Gv lvl)= 20%((1+(0.10 x 5))=30%

So if mace have 1% base chance (B) and each lvl of GV give let say 10% :

-Way it seem to be calculating : B(1+0.10Gv lvl)= 1((1+(0.10 x 5))=1.5%

THAT RIDICOULOUS (or again skills and weapon should be accuratly described.

The way it should be

B+ and not Bx

So in the same examle base whit this new formulafor a sword against a mace it would be :

B+(10% x lvl of gv)

So at lvl 5 base on let say 10% increase by lvl:

-Sword would be : 20%+(10%x5)=70% chance to draw blood
-Mace would be : 1%+(10%x5)=51% chance to draw blood

STILL blade will draw more blood base on attack speed and base bleeding % but at least the skill will be ALWAYS usefull and FAIR to every style of theatric weapon.

Dainoji
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
wow, there were so many assumptions made in your argument I'm surprised you feel comfortable saying it is broken! I don't pretend to know the formula for how GV works, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that with the frequency you used the words "seems" and other vague assumptions you are wrong. :)

If you are concerned that maces won't cause as much bleeding than don't choose maces when building a gladiator that you want to use GV with, or if you do choose maces, don't train in GV, use those points in some other skill. On a unrelated note, I've been playing this game for some time now and can tell you that axes and maces don't need any more help.

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 01:09 PM
If you are concerned that maces won't cause as much bleeding than don't choose maces when building a gladiator that you want to use GV with, or if you do choose maces, don't train in GV

Whit good description these mystake won't happen , that my point (or a change of math on this skill.

if you do choose maces, don't train in GV

Well since it is not clarify anywhere u have to do the mystake to know this cause this isn't written anywhere. So CLARIFICATION clarification clarification on all skills and effect and weapon type.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that with the frequency you used the words "seems" and other vague assumptions you are wrong.

Like i said i am pretty sure about this having done a lots of stats.

The skill GV is not lineary (+) build and is base on a multyplication of the basist type of weapon or type (slashing bashing,lunghing). I did the math, so thta need to be clarify in the description cause fr some weapon that almost totaly useless.

Of thousand of hit whit mace against sword and lunghing i can tell you lett than 10 whit mace caused bleeding (so about 1%) whit or whitout Gv at any lvl (almost no difference)

But on sword or lunghing like trident, MAN, HUGE difference base on the lvl of gv and HUGE difference at the base % per hit. If u don't belive me do the math.

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 01:13 PM
And iwill clarify this,

I am posting here cause i think this game got real potential. I rarely play any game moe than about a weak cause they are too simple on math and brainless most of the time. But this game seem to be one of the rare exception (blood war is an other off the rare ones).

I just hoping to enjoy even more this game and gladly help it to be even better if i can whit some suggestion on stuff.

My english is poor at best (not my first language) so think might core pretty rough sometime, but keep in mind that i dont waist word on a game whitout potential.

Nate
07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Many things factor into causing bleeding and how much from the weapon you are using, to the armour your opponent is using to your fighting style vs your opponent's fighting style. In regards to the GV skill, it allows any weapon to inflict bleeding damage equally.

Dehodem
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
First ty for responding so quick i realy appreciate.

But it's Impossible Nate,

OR it is base on style so mabye if i am using slashing whit my mace but after thousand of hit it can't be.Or there mabye a bug on mace and axe bleeding wound idk.

But there something wrong whit GV base on ste stats i did.

I am pretty sure thta this is about the formula and that Gv is multiplying the base % and not ADDING % to the weapon.

I have face (and do math) whit me and other glad (using the arena result) and i can totaly tell u that mace and axe (but i have less stats on axes) AREN'T doing any bleeding at all against ANY kind of armor. It doesn't matter.

YES on blade and on exotic weapon i seen difference on the kind of armor, the bigger it is the less chance u have to draw blood.

Still mace or mabye only the bashing style DON'T draw blood at all (2 bleeding wound out 1000+ hit).

Math on evey weapon mabye the same but there something wrong whit parentesis somewhere OR mabye bashing style is ment to be NOT bleeding.

If so that should be writen somewhere.

Dehodem
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
your opponent's fighting style.

Of couse i know and i only did the math on landed hit, of course if u playing vs a parryer u won't hit the traget that often and so you will land less bleeding wound. (but u will do about the same amount of bleeding injury on landed hit anyway).

Dainoji
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
A big part of this game is discovering things out for yourself through trial and error or through the forums here. For me that's part of the fun. Based on your numerous posts I can already tell you are the kind of guy that wants all the information up front so you can crunch and min-max. There is nothing wrong with that but if you are looking for the design docs to be posted with all the formulas you are going to be sorely disappointed. Nate is how shall I say, somewhat vague when giving answers when it pertains to specifics of the fight engine and I that has been the case for over 6 months of play so I doubt that is going to change.

Happy Crunching! :)

Dainoji
07-06-2011, 12:29 PM
It just occurred to me that you might be confusing critical hits that yield bleeding damage and GV that yields bleeding damage. When GV inflicts bleeding damage there is nothing that says it happened other than the fact that your opponent will be bleeding in the next fight block down when you inspect his health. Critical hits on the other hand specifically say the amount of bleeding damage that was inflicted. In that instance you are right, maces don't do much, it's a blunt weapon and that makes sense, but from what Nate said the GV skill just tacks on bleeding wounds as it inflicts them regardless of weapon type.

Dehodem
07-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Very interesting Dainjoji and ty,

And you are right about this,

I found a combat where, like you said the opopent after an attack was bleeding whitout anything anouncing it. I'll check this more cause i was thinking that bleeding wound were always saids.

So the mace don't apply bleeding wound naturaly (or very few) but whit GV you could change that and do some bleeding wound from hits (unscripted).
That make sense.

I'll most carrefully look at this again and run stats cause i was thinking they where always anounced .

Dehodem
07-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I also check it out on other glads like solstice and your absolutly right.

So case close!

GV work fine and probably even on all cause bleeding wound inflected by Gv are not shown and u have to check them out.

On the other hand BLEEDING WOUND inflicted on crits are shown and their occurance vary in fonction on weapon type and style.

That perfect for me ty all for these very usefull clarification