PDA

View Full Version : a few suggestions...

Apparition
12-09-2010, 06:44 AM
OK, I have been playing for several days now and have a few suggestions:

- In our orders, it would be nice to be able to say what % of our effort we want to put to offense and defense.

- I would like to see a mage tower upgrade for our stables. At low levels of upgrade it would help with our fighters chi strikes and at higher levels the tower could enchant weapons.

just a few ideas...

Nate
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
- In our orders, it would be nice to be able to say what % of our effort we want to put to offense and defense.That ability was removed early in the playtest, made things too hard to balance. The fighting style you choose has built in offensive/defensive levels.

- I would like to see a mage tower upgrade for our stables. At low levels of upgrade it would help with our fighters chi strikes and at higher levels the tower could enchant weapons.There are no magical chi attacks, you must be thinking of a different game. ;) I've heard tales though of arenas in undiscovered lands where its combatants rely on ancient magics more than on steel...

Good Luck!

-Nate-

sevenseas
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
how about retirement and hall of fame....retired and hall of fame glads don't take up space in your barracks, for a small trophy fee a retired glad could come back out of retirement (without taking up barrack space)....of course this is just an idea in it's infant stage....but you devs can find a way to make it work well....and cheap:o. There are plenty enough great glads to start this out right...no one wants to sell a great glad, but they might want refresh their stable.

Big Buzz - SevenSeas

Narol
07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
That's an interesting idea... Primus is already a sort of Hall of Fame, maybe a way to include this idea would be to consider that your gladiators that reached Primus don't count anymore in the 5 gladiators/team limit ?

Garlic88
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Or that when you have 'finished' your glad, and he reaches a certain rank in primus, you have the option of sending him to a separate hall of great warriors. Here he will fight in blood games style battles forever more. You'll no longer get any income from him, and he wouldn't cost any upkeep, and he doesn't count towards the max glads. He'd just be there as a token to what you've achieved, and that would decide the greatest glad OF ALL TIME!!!! (come on Spizzler!)

sevenseas
07-11-2012, 03:10 AM
i love this idea, but it would still be neat to be able to run him in the arena against the new up and comers. Retired and hall of fame glads would have basically won their freedom, moved out of the barracks (perhaps to a new school), and fight when they want to (managers of retired glads would have to pay (X)-trophys for a month back in the arena). There (in my head) is a difference between being retired and being a hall of famer....both would move out of the barracks, but the perks would be different....perhaps a little extra, extra perky for the retired hall of famers. You know, retirement brings X perk, hall of fame brings Y perk....and retiring a hall of famer would bring an XYZ perk. Either way....the idea is to get some sort of bonus to your stable for reaching the hall of fame or retirement. Retirement should be easier to attain than hall of fame. Oh yeah.... the hall of fame should be an in-game SHRINE to honor these fierce bastards that whooped their way to the top and beyond. And BTW you blood gamers stop beating up Big Buzz...he really wants to Win 1st place this month!:rolleyes:

Big Buzz-
SevenSeas

Garlic88
07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
And.. and.. and... you can choose to worship at the shrine of your favourite gladiator hero, and recieve different temporary perk, depending on which glad you worship, chosen by the owner of this god-glad... and...

Dainoji
07-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Not sure about all the shrine worshiping, but retiring a gladiator and getting some small reward for getting them to a point where they are worthy of the retirement honor would be cool. I give this a +1.

Stablemaster Silverheart
10-14-2012, 01:09 AM
*Raises cup in agreement*