PDA

View Full Version : surge of high HP gladiators?

Apoca1ypse
06-16-2011, 06:03 PM
what's the dealio with all these huge HP'd gladiators in the arena now?

my most recent match was against beta who had 1450hp vs my 860hp. (and i lost with him being on a measly 10hp)

is it just a case of stacking a heap of extra hp achievements?

Team Kaos
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
The Ludis/Alpha Clan is simply buffing up with achievement awards, along with a recent shopping spree of brand new gear.

Dainoji
06-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Not too hard to do really. He probably has "The Master" and "Contracts Completed (300)" achievements completed which will give you +350 right there and if he is around level 40 he'll have about 1000 health naturally putting him at 1350 and then with stamina gear or a large size I can easily see that bumped up into the 1400s.

CaineDeSoulis
06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
yay all these super high health gladiators have made azure prayer alot less effective almost relying on knockouts to win battles :/. top that with another 36T a week to get all these achievements active theres starting to be alot of trophies sinks in this game and only 4 ways to get them (buy,bank,arena challenges and very rarely taverns). with that i think im going to let 4 of my gladiators fall by the wayside in competitiveness and only focus on 1 gladiator from now on. 120$ a month to keep 5 glad's achievements is more than i'm willing to drop on them not counting equip upgrades for each just keeping the achievements for all for a year is over 1400$ by focusing on just darkstar or prey it'll be like 280$ a year for achievements and maybe 200-300$ for the equips if that. its not fiscally responisble to play this game in that manner anymore lol :(

Dainoji
06-22-2011, 02:54 PM
yay all these super high health gladiators have made azure prayer alot less effective almost relying on knockouts to win battles :/. top that with another 36T a week to get all these achievements active theres starting to be alot of trophies sinks in this game and only 4 ways to get them (buy,bank,arena challenges and very rarely taverns). with that i think im going to let 4 of my gladiators fall by the wayside in competitiveness and only focus on 1 gladiator from now on. 120$ a month to keep 5 glad's achievements is more than i'm willing to drop on them not counting equip upgrades for each just keeping the achievements for all for a year is over 1400$ by focusing on just darkstar or prey it'll be like 280$ a year for achievements and maybe 200-300$ for the equips if that. its not fiscally responisble to play this game in that manner anymore lol :(

That's rubbish, there are only a few achievements that give health and fewer that give it in big increments. The two biggest health buffs only give you +350 health and can be put in the gold only slots and even then its only 350 health which means you can survive 1 or 2 more hits from a one-hander and maybe not even an additional hit from a two-hander. I haven't seen the additional health make any gladiators around me that much better and if you are only winning fights by the skin of your teeth where the extra health makes the difference you might have other issues that require looking in to.

Apoca1ypse
06-23-2011, 06:13 PM
losing by 10hp to a gladiator rocking 600hp more does bite....