PDA

View Full Version : Death of a stable?

Apparition
12-08-2010, 09:24 AM
OK, I am not 100% sure how this works but if your only gladiator is killed and you don't have the gold to have him resurrected or buy another slave it looks to me like you are going to have to start over of buy a bunch of trophies and sell them for gold. My fighter was killed last night and luckily I had the gold to bring him back but if he is knocked out again before I make more gold, I am out. I would highly suggest that all new managers upgrade their barracks as soon as you can so you can so you have more fighters and bring in more gold so it becomes much more unlikely that you could get in this mess. Also, it would be a good idea to always keep over 300 gold in your vault tell you have several fighters.

Apparition
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Well, now I can shed more light on this. I just got killed again:( = Well, this time it only cost me 37 gold (all I had left) to bring him back. Now I am not sure what it will cost if you have 0 glod (may know in the AM) but I am guessing it is free if you are broke.

Team Kaos
12-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Are there limits to how many times you can get killed?
So what's the big deal about dying if you can just be ressurrected each time?

Ther should at least be a drop in ranking or something...heck..the gladiator just got killed and there is no penalty for it other then a few gold coins.

Justice
12-09-2010, 11:41 AM
The penalty comes from your Gladiator having resurrection sickness, his stats will take quite a hit, which unfortunately means it is much more likely you will lose to similarly ranked opponents, having the result of you moving down the table. While I'm not sure about what happens when you get to zero gold, i can assure you having your gladiator die has massive implications on your ranking. Just take Voltar as an example, swinging away nicely until he took a dirt nap, now he lost a few fights in a row! Ah, his poor confidence has taken a hit, it'll take many nubile young handmaidens to get him back on form. :p

Limpy
12-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Handmaidens provide the best happy endings!

Blackwill
12-14-2010, 03:36 PM
The Temple will resurrect at no cost if you cannot pay the gold. At least, that has been my experience thus far. That may change as the gladiator gets higher in the rankings. The disadvantage to the resurrection is, as has been said, The Sickness. A fighter suffering from The Sickness is much more likely to be killed again in his next bout. One of my fighters died in THREE straight bouts. The first was a legitimate kill, and the other two were a direct result of his weakened state after resurrection. Having multiple fighters in your stable is the most sensible way to go...

GorbagGutripper
12-14-2010, 05:19 PM
They will cost more to resurrect at the higher levels....of course, if you have little gold, then you dont pay very much...ie buy something, convert some of that gold to a trophy. My level 8 didnt cost much as I had just purchased a 2nd gladiator and had little gold. :)

Blackwill
12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
That also seems to be a fairly common strategy for keeping Jimmy the Squids thugs at bay....storing your gold as trophies seems to keep his fingers light.