PDA

View Full Version : Ranking

Team Kaos
05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Will there ever be a visable counting or point system that shows the ranking of the gladiators. The +/- is ok, but we have no clue how close or far our gladiators are from graduating to the next ladder. Or how many points they gain or lose for a win or loss against any opponent.
I guess I am just looking for more transparency in the ranking system.

Oh yeah...any thoughts on allowing the stables to expand beyond 5? I would love to train some new exotic recruits from far off lands under the Team Kaos banner but I would not be willing to sell any of my gladiators for a mere 20 trophies. They have come so far...to sell them off to oblivion to only be a forgotten name just seems wrong.

DaMuchi
05-30-2011, 02:25 AM
i know what you mean about stable size... but it just seems 5 is a nice number per stable and i don't think it should and would increase.

CaineDeSoulis
05-30-2011, 03:45 AM
speaking of ranking thanks to team kaos and lords fury for boosting azure to #1 on the champion rankings. going for the pentuple failed challenge with lords fury or are you going to send another one of your goons on her? ^_~

Team Kaos
05-30-2011, 06:03 AM
speaking of ranking thanks to team kaos and lords fury for boosting azure to #1 on the champion rankings. going for the pentuple failed challenge with lords fury or are you going to send another one of your goons on her? ^_~

There are methods to my madness....Lords Fury has been trying new strategy which is not working the way I planned...the triggers are not triggering when and where I had hoped.
And though it elevated Azure..it keeps certain unnamed Rage gladiators below.

As for another challenge? Perhaps....

I must say..Azure must be feared by most others since Lords Fury's challenges go through each time...seems no one else wants a piece of the Blue Blade Azure.

Arkham
05-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Will there ever be a visable counting or point system that shows the ranking of the gladiators. The +/- is ok, but we have no clue how close or far our gladiators are from graduating to the next ladder. Or how many points they gain or lose for a win or loss against any opponent.
I guess I am just looking for more transparency in the ranking system.

I'd also like to see at the end of a fight how much ranking you gained and how much they lost (or vice versa).

CaineDeSoulis
05-30-2011, 01:01 PM
would be cool if the counter +/- was showed as popularity or fans

Lunarion199
05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Regarding stable-size, yes 5+ slaves per stable might not really add that fun; but just like Kaos I too feel like 'training some new exotic recruits from far off lands'. It may sound trivial, but how about allowing Re-births? Few games like Fate, Conquer Online etc. implement this system. After a slave reaches a legend (or topmost possible) level he may be re-born at level one, this time slightly better stats than he originally had at level one. Now he may be trained afresh. A maximum of 1 or 2 re-births may be allowed per slave or per stable. This could be acknowledged as an 'achievement'. Such a slave could be pride of a stable and this would also add to the shelf-life of the game.

Nate
05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Will there ever be a visable counting or point system that shows the ranking of the gladiators.

Down the road there may be a fundamental change to how things work in order to accommodate a far larger number of players and gladiators which would see things move to a visible point system. More on that later when the time comes.

-Nate-

Team Kaos
06-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I thought I had a small idea how ranking works, but watching how 7 gladiators with over 70 less wins and subpar winning % have moved from the Champion Ladder to Legend while Moon Child is still sitting in the Champions Ladder with the 2nd most wins in the game and 3rd best winning % in the top 25+.
I get that he has lost to some of the guys above him, but he has also dominated others like Summit.

I think it's really time for some type of transparency in the ranking system or accumulation of points. It just doesn't make any sense.
I find it hard to believe that Moon Child's rank has fallen so far that with so many wins he is still unable to crack the top 10 when he has between 80 and 120 more wins and a better win %.
And he has beat the crap out of the guys for a long time outside of the last week.

Apoca1ypse
06-20-2011, 07:39 AM
other games i have played used an ELO system that was pretty comprehensive and awesome.