PDA

View Full Version : Attacking from the Ground

crow
05-12-2011, 06:02 AM
This game truly baffles me when a warrior is knocked to the ground. How many times have I seen a glad getting his ass kicked to the ground, then he unleashes 300-500 point bombs from the ground, when all he could manage standing was 200.
Physically this is completely BULLSHIT!!!! first of all the number one thing working against you is gravity. if you are swing a 2 handed weapon overhead the weapon never has a chance to make its downward portion of the arc because you are hitting a target above you, so momentum is never a factor. The other factor is every human being that has ever walked the fucking Earth strongest part of their body is their legs. Now you don't have your legs to generate any power. And last leverage on the ground when you swing from the ground you lose leverage which shortens your swing arc, your body torque, and forward momentum. Maybe because these 9 foot tall guys in the arena are taller than us on there knees they still have the leverage advantage, I don't know.
An opponent on the ground in reality would be making short quick defense movements to try to get his attacker away from them so that they gain regain there footing. But in the end this is a game. My gripe session for the day.

CaineDeSoulis
05-12-2011, 07:15 AM
yea that goes hand in hand with my complaints with signature move and sweep :(. it would be nice to have a skill chart that is numerical like Prone(-10 attack -20 defense -3 attacks per round) weapon skill level and how it translates +attack +speed. azure uses sweep and has been beaten by many many prone warriors

DaMuchi
05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
just a game bro... don't you think an attack that "almost cuts him onto half" would end the fight and his career of that gladiator instantly?

Dainoji
05-12-2011, 10:51 AM
As you suggested, what if you are on your knees, or perhaps you are on one knee and one foot. I don't take being on the ground to mean laying flat on your back or stomach. Sure the pic shows a guy on his stomach,but it's a game, you can't have a pic for every possible situation, you have to use your imagination. I've seen guys on the ground in real life knock a guy out by kicking him in the face, you don't see people complaining that is impossible do you? As DaMuchi said, it's a game and you are dealing with fantasy gladiators bigger than life doing miraculous things on the made up sands in a fictitious universe. Last time I checked you couldn't come back from the dead either. :)

Sythion
05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
just a game bro... don't you think an attack that "almost cuts him onto half" would end the fight and his career of that gladiator instantly?

That's debateable.

However, dying and having your head ripped off and added to another gladiator's collection would almost certainly end your career.

crow
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Y'all are right it's just a game. I was just a little steamed from a bunch of my boys had the jump on Styx, but he always seemed to pull out the fight while on the ground with massive bombs. I just feel if your fighter is on the ground there should be some attack power penalty say -20 attack power till he stands for example.

Nate
05-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure in most of the fight the gladiators are fighting on wires, I can't be certain but in one of the last fights I watched the CGI wasn't up to par and I could have sworn I saw some wires lift a gladiator off the ground as he spun six times before attacking and then leap off the arena wall followed by 16 back flips! I'll have to talk to the Technical Staff and see what is going on here!

-Nate-

DaMuchi
05-12-2011, 11:35 PM
some game creators don't like revealing the mechanics of the game. revealing a bit makes it possible to play but revealing everything makes experience in the game worthless as any newbie could understand the mechanics and does not need to actually play the game to figure out how to craft a good warrior.

all i am saying is that Nate may opt not to tell you the exact details of prone.

Lunarion199
05-14-2011, 05:30 AM
- Well, this game very abundantly uses 'chances' which is way better than using fixed mathematical calculations for penalties and bonuses.
- Being prone is "usually" (but not always) a bad situation.
- If a gladiator is adept at knocking an opponent down (highly skilled in barrelling attack/ signature move etc) but not able enough to take advantage of prone situation of his opponent then he is expected to get nothing from the knock-down. The situation could be worse if imagine your fight strategy says "tank/ parry" with activity 2 bloodlust 2 when "opponent is on ground".
- 'Death from Above' is a skill to be learned.