PDA

View Full Version : Speed rage advice plz.

Apsarans of Aeris
10-30-2016, 01:28 AM
I bought a slave with 81 agi, 75str, and 88 Chi.
Decided to make him a speed rage, so naturally he is DW blades.
Then I chose Spite for his race.

How does his future look?

Just J
10-30-2016, 08:48 AM
He looks ok, will be fast and get lots of crits , obv, but since his strength is medium and spite does less damage, he won't be hitting that hard,,, with blades he will do more bleeding. Look in the forum under Rage for more detailed advice :) I would try to get items which boost agility and strength.

weaw
10-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Since we are got a Slave Market update 3 days ago (This update touches not only HOL gladiators, but every of them) a bit hard to say today what is good and what is bad for stats.
But. Anyway. I can't understand what is Your question.
For example, the main question : What is Your goal with this one? You wish to push him into retirement or something else?

Apsarans of Aeris
10-31-2016, 02:57 AM
Is a spite speed rage viable?

weaw
10-31-2016, 06:31 AM
Sure.
Why not?

This choice a bit strange at first look. Because any Rage trying to maximize damage and damage exactly Spites disadvantage.
But the second approach:
The most successful modern speed-Rages are dodgers (via Hard To Hit).
It means they already lose their damage to get dodge.
The Spites loses damage to get Critical and Defense. Critical, obviously fits into Rage behavior, absolutely.
Defense... It's not a Rage main stat, sure. But who knows? Perhaps, dodge quality has Defense as component.

You may even try to stack Defense on gear. (But it's too unorthodox experiment to advise. :)

Your Rage will be Ok. Just make sure, he has enough Stamina if You choose dodge path. Because the loss of damage means increasing the time of fight...

// The next few months will be difficult for young managers. A wave of HOLs is coming from the deep... At least 50+ of them. Keep in mind.

Kreegan
10-31-2016, 11:41 PM
Dodging Rages have significant damage resistance, noticeably higher than their offensive cousins so it's quite likely that the damage avoidance is based on Defense. By the way, their concept is totally messed up after the introduction of the Shadows - you have barbarians who are great and dodging attacks and ninjas who suck at that. Immersion killer.

weaw
11-01-2016, 12:59 PM
By the way, their concept is totally messed up after the introduction of the Shadows - you have barbarians who are great and dodging attacks and ninjas who suck at that. Yes. The fights a Shadow against Rage-dodger are very funny (If You still able to smile about it): Shadow can't neither hit that Rage nor defend himself.