PDA

View Full Version : Bash vs Slash

Vrog
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Ok maybe I'm missing the obvious, but when we get a weapon where can we find out what style works best with it? Do we just have to experiment and find out? I thought slash works best with a sword, but now I'm thinking bash because I'm losing badly.

GorbagGutripper
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
No, bash isnt for swords....some swords are lunge...gladius etc. Of course, from my experiments with my axe, thought it might be Slash as well...but as they are mixed with maces, perhaps that is a smashing weapon. Then again, your activity level will either help or hinder you....look at the lines when you miss....should be good indications what is going on...so when you do your daily tavern runs, experiment each time with different activity levels, strategies, etc to see which works best for that weapon.

Team Kaos
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Light swords will not work well with a bash tactic. However a heavier Broadsword (2 handed) seems to work well bashing. Also depeneds on your skill with the sword. Early on you may get a lot of fumbling with your weapon, until he gains some skill.
But no warrior is the same, somethings work for one and others are just hopeless it seems.

Dainoji
12-08-2010, 01:32 AM
I usually think about it in terms of how I would use the weapon. If it is a sword I would slash and or lunge with it. If it was an axe I would bash with it seeing as axes were meant to chop things and the closest thing to a chop is a bash. Maces I think are self-explanatory - bash. The more difficult question comes up with things like pole arms or the larger swords. I haven't tried them yet, so I don't have any answers there.

GorbagGutripper
12-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes I can see bashing with the larger swords.....just slap whoever is in front of you :)

Blackwill
12-15-2010, 11:53 PM
With the Armoury upgrade, Pole Arms become more obvious....upgrade 2 gives you 3 choices: Long Spear, Pole Axe and War Staff. Lunge, Bash and Slash, essentially.